Portable Grill Recommendations

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I am going to pick one of these up, best of all worlds and they are built to work forever.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WRSX9NW/?tag=nodakangler10-20

cache.php

I noticed the other day that Tractor Supply Co has one like this, but I think it might be a different brand. It's on sale from this price ($199) and was available for $149. This was in Bismarck.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Used to burn through one of those el cheapo's every other year because, well I was cheap and the Weber Qs were over $200. Hell, I hardly spent that on our full size! End up using a buddies Weber Q after I couldn't keep my el-cheapo lit one weekend and was greatly impressed with how well it worked and amount of food you could fit on it for a compact grill. He of course also had the nice fold up stand and all the accessories/options. It completely sold me and the next Monday morning after returning from the lake, I purchased one for myself. It's been more than a decade, and here I am, still using the same Weber Q! Far and way one of the best purchases I've made. WE litterally use it every single weekend from the middle of may through Oct 1st. I take the pressure washer after it once a year and outside of a little missing paint (was a little aggressive with my pressure washing one time) it still lights, cooks, and works just like it came out of the box. I have yet to find another portable that will hold up like the Weber Q.

I will note that I have a Green Mountain Davey Crocket also which I really like but I can tell you without doubt, the GM will be at the landfill long before the Q and the GM is only 2-years old. The Q is just built that stout and tough.

- - - Updated - - -

I would give a shout out to Weber for there large grills also, after buying the Q and using it for 2-years, I bought a full-size Genisis for the deck. Same deal, 8 years in and outside of replacing the iginitor button, it still works great for a propane grill. If your looking for a propane grill, it's hard to beat a Weber.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Weber all the way, 10 yrs on my Q. Zero issues, and this bounces down a oilfield road every week end in the 5th wheel most summer long

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have 2 Weber Q's that are electric and work great for camping, outside the garage, and whatever. Have the big Weber Genesis that is propane for on the deck at our house.
Weber is where it is at and last forever. We gave our last big Weber Genesis to my son and still working great.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm on the Weber q group also mine is 10+ years old and I've replaced the battery in the igniter. I believe everyone we camp with now has a Weber q. Should be the last one you ever buy!

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sounds like the Webber Q is hands down the most popular one on here, I may have to get one of these.

I have this one, it's heavy as hell but damn near bulletproof. I got it for under $50 because the box was crushed and wet (water), when I unboxed it at home there wasn't a scratch on it. I've been using it for 3 years now and it works great.

cache.php.jpeg

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Looking to replace the 4th El Cheapo Ace Hardware propane grill that just crapped out. You know the one. Pictured below. Primary uses will be truck camping and the ski hill parking lot. Willing to shell out a few more bucks for something that gets hot enough to sear. Thoughts?

5BC0E509-1DDF-4408-8457-D51203DFF691.jpg

I have one of the Cabelas stainless table top grills. Mine has been through hell and still works. They are only $100 so it won’t break the bank.

I have also used a Coleman road trip and was impressed with that too.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bunch of amateurs!!! He said portable with enough heat to sear and willing to shell out some clams didn't he?? Well.......

images

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
A couple years ago I bought a GMG davey crockett, I don't even bring my propane grill with anymore.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm probably in the minority - but grilling everything on a pellet gets old.

Sometimes I like to taste meat/char... sans smoke. The pellets can really pour the smoke flavor in on things to the point that's all I taste. :;:huh

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm probably in the minority - but grilling everything on a pellet gets old.

Sometimes I like to taste meat/char... sans smoke. The pellets can really pour the smoke flavor in on things to the point that's all I taste. :;:huh

I would even go further and say your use of the word "grilling" is wrong. To me they are more of a wood fired oven/smoker then a grill.

And I agree with you.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bunch of amateurs!!! He said portable with enough heat to sear and willing to shell out some clams didn't he?? Well.......

cache.php
You would have free-loaders following you like lemings.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76