WHY do we live here????

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
As bad as this is, imagine what it was like back years ago when they didn’t have snowblowers, skidsteers, pay loaders and four wheel drive vehicles. The really crappy extra cold stuff is only around for a month or so. As miserable as winter is here is what summer is down south. Gives new meaning to the word SWASS.

I wonder if our natives that don't like pipelines would like to go back to teepees, no horses, no bud light, and a 32 year average life span.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is probably just actually a normal winter. Haven't checked records. But I think we just got spoiled for a few years that were really mild. The older one gets, the harder it is to tolerate though.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was just reminded why I live here. Bugs and snakes that live down south I hate those fuckers worse than the cold. After 6 months in ft Sill Ok I new I would never live down south. They only have 2 seasons also hot and fucking hot

We have our house sprayed twice a year inside and out so all I ever see are a few dead bugs lying on the garage floor. As far as snakes, every once in a while someone might find one sleeping in the shade under their golf cart. Usually not venomous but sometimes. DirectTV did find a nest of black widow spiders under someone's house a few weeks ago but they hadn't sprayed yet. Don't care to be here much past the middle of April because it does get damn hot!

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Despite weather like we just had, I like winter. I’m ridiculously busy during spring, summer and fall. During the winter months I clear snow, make sure the heat is still on and go ice fishing. I enjoyed the time while being stormed in, but I hate the clean up.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like it starts warming up here Tuesday. :;:rockit

Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around -20. Wind chill values as low as -35. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming south after midnight.
M.L.King Day
Sunny, with a high near 18. Wind chill values as low as -35. South wind 6 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Monday Night
Increasing clouds, with a temperature rising to around 20 by 4am. South wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Tuesday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. South wind 8 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.

Tuesday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. West wind around 8 mph.

Wednesday
Partly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind 6 to 9 mph.

Wednesday Night
A 20 percent chance of snow after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. North wind 5 to 7 mph.

Thursday
Partly sunny, with a high near 27. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph.

Thursday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming south in the evening.

Friday
Partly sunny, with a high near 29. South wind 6 to 9 mph.

Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. South wind around 8 mph.

Saturday
Partly sunny, with a high near 35. West wind 7 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.

Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. West wind 8 to 10 mph.

Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 34.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’m very much done with the wind. It’s miserable nearly every day. Doesn’t matter the time of year

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’m very much done with the wind. It’s miserable nearly every day. Doesn’t matter the time of year

Yes...wind sucks...I would choose to have winds 2-5 MPH sun up to sun down every day of the year. Can blow 20 to 30 MPH sun down to sun up for the energy thing...if I could get Mother Nature to get on board!

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
After tomorrow, the 15 day looks great!!
Maybe firm up this deep snow so a guy can go out after a coyote?

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes...wind sucks...I would choose to have winds 2-5 MPH sun up to sun down every day of the year. Can blow 20 to 30 MPH sun down to sun up for the energy thing...if I could get Mother Nature to get on board!

Went out yesterday afternoon for 3 sets. Damn things were laying in the open. First two sets we walked in on coyotes sunning themselves and tried sneaking for shots but snow is way too loud. 3rd set produced a fox which we don't shoot because of low numbers. But without snowshoes this would be damn near death to get out and back. The snow is damn deep everywhere. We saw a lot of deer and them poor bastards are really struggling right now!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went out yesterday afternoon for 3 sets. Damn things were laying in the open. First two sets we walked in on coyotes sunning themselves and tried sneaking for shots but snow is way too loud. 3rd set produced a fox which we don't shoot because of low numbers. But without snowshoes this would be damn near death to get out and back. The snow is damn deep everywhere. We saw a lot of deer and them poor bastards are really struggling right now!

county?

- - - Updated - - -

I hear Minneapolis is usually calm.

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
Griggs county. All the corn standing and fields froze really wet so farmers are gonna be handed a mess come spring.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guess which nostril was UPWIND most of the time. Go on....I dare ya...

Funny. I experience this too, while snowboarding. Left-foot forward, so my left side is going first. Right side of my stache gets a lot more iced up.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wind blowing snot from left to right and down hill.;:;rofl

Left to right, right to left, up the hill, down the hill, up the nose, in the eyes............it was a F'n snowicane......and it STILL SUCKS!!!!!!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny. I experience this too, while snowboarding. Left-foot forward, so my left side is going first. Right side of my stache gets a lot more iced up.

Weird - I pegged you for a goofy-foot.

- - - Updated - - -

also - I call fake news

if the 'stache in your avatar were iced up you'd tip over from the weight

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if our natives that don't like pipelines would like to go back to teepees, no horses, no bud light, and a 32 year average life span.
Reminiscing about your undergrad years back in the good ol' days?
what-did-medieval-students-study-700x390.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 166
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79