Devils lake fishing tournament

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
Devils lake fishing tournament is right around the corner. Do I drive the 4 hours in hopes that I’ll Miraculously catch a fish, OR do i drive 45 minutes, get my house set up, and spend the night out on the ice?

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pending weather would be my deciding factor. Didn't get ticket this year.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
What are lake conditions like after this weekend snow ? How much they get up there ?

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd go coyote hunting ha. Tons of people out on South creel bay today when I drove by today, seems like we got about 5-7" or so. Felt like I was shoveling 2-3" off the deck every hour for hours on end Friday night.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good luck to all those who are attending this years DLVFD ice tourney on Saturday, as usual I will be there.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is it against the rules to camp in your house the day before tournament?

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is it against the rules to camp in your house the day before tournament?
cannot have a house in the fishing area, it is a derby and the fishing is allowed in a specific area and they drill the holes in the area, you just pick a hole and fish. Rules are no electronics, one pole per person and no shelters. Enter thru a check point and a few other rules. As I said is a derby, not true tournament. you could stay in a house somewhere else on lake and then come and partake in derby is desired.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think you can fish it the day before the tourney --the day of you can walk on the lake with your phone on waypoints (just dont flaunt it) --- the locals all know the hotspots and the flock tight in those. Its still a fun crap shot though. Nice weather this year -- should of could of - but didnt

Good fishing you all!!!!!!!! Hope you catch the winning fish!!!!!

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
id like to see a under water camera shot when the horn goes off and 4000 lures go down at the same time.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They actually caught some pretty good fish. There have been years where there was barely a fish caught. Good weather and fish caught, that's a good tournament especially with all the good prizes.

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
Lots of fish caught!! If you would have told me that BOTH me and a buddy would catch a fish and not win something I would've laughed at you. Was fun as usual and enjoyed talking to new people. 2021 I'm pretty sure that pickup will be in my wheelhouse#$%^&>

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buzz kill. I am still coming up next wknd. After tonight it would not be an issue. I smell covid scare. A couple years ago it flooded out so bad. They drill a million holes and many are not used. All they need to do is confirm the ones that participate

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76