Record ND Walleye Blog

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t know. Imagine breaking Roger Marris’ home run record without juicing, then being told you don’t get the record because we looked at all this evidence and it’s 6 of one, 1/2 a dozen of the other, and we can’t be sure so you can’t have the record. I imagine that could eat at a guy for awhile.

Long live Snagzilla, the legitimate home run king.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The part that still gets me is the game and fish let him keep it. I’ve never heard of that happening before.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The part that still gets me is the game and fish let him keep it. I’ve never heard of that happening before.

thats because snagzilla is innocent . If the hook dont fit you must acquit

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I watched his new video his wife took..this was my reply.
In the wife's video that fish is fighting like a big fish that's snagged and trying to swim away and not one that's been hooked in the mouth. Question: why in the police report does the net man say it was not wrapped up in the line when it came in "like you said" and says it was not hooked in the mouth either when questioned? Believe me when I saw the pic at first of the angler,net man and family with the fish i thought it was the coolest thing ever! Sorry I just dont buy it, even thou at first I was happy for ya.

the video is gone now

- - - Updated - - -

A07B716C-6CF9-4315-97D4-E33CBA139AEB.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

So has the blog been removed or blocked?

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good lord. Let it go. I understand his frustration, but he’s just making himself look like a jackass now.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking at the fish in all of the photo's there does not appear to be a single mark anywhere the hook would have been snagged in the top or side. You'd think if it had been snagged, drug thru the water for that amount of time, netted and supposedly have the hook ripped out like the video appeared to show there would have at least been a visible mark on the fish indicating where it was snagged. IMO the GNF really botched this whole thing. They seemed to bow to public pressure rather then do an actual investigation. I'd be pissed too but I guess I'd have solace looking at that pig on the wall and having the memories of catching it with my wife and kids along.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

They speculate that it was foul hooked but can not prove it.

Like I said before why did they turn down the offer to examine the fish. Unless I am mistaken the only G&F guys to actually see the fish in person were the three wardens the day it was caught and apparently they didn't notice anything or they would have taken the fish then.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
anybody who has fished river systems and snagged and brought fish into the shore knows they are often flawless in appearance save for the pin prick of a hole where the hook was. Especially when hooked in the back - or anus which is common on the Red (have fun with that one).

So the inability to see any snag marks in the photo means absolutely nothing to me. We're talking fishing here guys - not dragging an animal down the road behind the car with barbed wire.

Also - once snagged through the "hide" the hook has incredible holding power - even though it's a tiny hole after you use a pliers to get it out.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I snagged salmon in Alaska a couple summers ago where I could clearly tell others had snagged the same the fish in the wrong place and had to release them. Salmon VS a walleye, but the hook marks were clearly visible.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I snagged salmon in Alaska a couple summers ago where I could clearly tell others had snagged the same the fish in the wrong place and had to release them. Salmon VS a walleye, but the hook marks were clearly visible.

yeah, trout species are astonishingly easy to mar/damage - visually anyway. If you look at them hard the scales come off. : )

my experience is based on suckers, sheepshead and carp mostly - and walleye maybe six times

- - - Updated - - -

Hey V - where did the the OP come from?

Last edited:

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
anybody who has fished river systems and snagged and brought fish into the shore knows they are often flawless in appearance save for the pin prick of a hole where the hook was. Especially when hooked in the back - or anus which is common on the Red (have fun with that one).

So the inability to see any snag marks in the photo means absolutely nothing to me. We're talking fishing here guys - not dragging an animal down the road behind the car with barbed wire.

Also - once snagged through the "hide" the hook has incredible holding power - even though it's a tiny hole after you use a pliers to get it out.
I've snagged a few fish in my day and you can usually always see where they were hooked. This guy was using a pretty good sized jig there would have definitely been a visible hole and a scale or 2 missing where it was hooked.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've snagged a few fish in my day and you can usually always see where they were hooked. This guy was using a pretty good sized jig there would have definitely been a visible hole and a scale or 2 missing where it was hooked.

:;:huh ;:;rofl

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that NDGF took the coward's way out.

Either he broke the law by keeping a snagged fish (and therefore should have been fined and not allowed to keep it) or he did not snag it and he has the record.

This half-way BS set a bad precedent.

- - - Updated - - -

didn't the official statement say they determined it was snagged?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve snagged several carp and numerous white bass and they always show pretty solid marks from it

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was all for this guy. Thought that there was a lot of jealousy happening, and thought that if his witnesses said it wasn't snagged, then it wasn't. Case closed. I had decided.

Then, as time went on, and a few details emerged, I changed my tune. Of course, by then, I didn't care much.

But, why let him keep it if is was foul-hooked? Or, if they let him keep it, then it must have been legit, so why no record? I concur, that the truth may never be fully known. I also agree that this is not a good look for him. He's starting to look crazy.

but I do feel for the guy. Imagine, if it were you, and you were innocent, and were becoming a laughing stock.

Also, if the fish had a hole or two in it's hide, that should be no surprise, given that a lot of people said a lot of fish were being snagged. Even if nobody else succeeded in landing that particular fish, it's no stretch of the imagination that it had been hooked a time or two.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was all for this guy. Thought that there was a lot of jealousy happening, and thought that if his witnesses said it wasn't snagged, then it wasn't. Case closed. I had decided.

Then, as time went on, and a few details emerged, I changed my tune. Of course, by then, I didn't care much.

But, why let him keep it if is was foul-hooked? Or, if they let him keep it, then it must have been legit, so why no record? I concur, that the truth may never be fully known. I also agree that this is not a good look for him. He's starting to look crazy.

but I do feel for the guy. Imagine, if it were you, and you were innocent, and were becoming a laughing stock.

Also, if the fish had a hole or two in it's hide, that should be no surprise, given that a lot of people said a lot of fish were being snagged. Even if nobody else succeeded in landing that particular fish, it's no stretch of the imagination that it had been hooked a time or two.

He got to keep the fish because he hired an attorney and threatened a lawsuit on the G&F. The G&F gave the fish back to avoid the cost of a lawsuit. His cop buddy that netted it said it was snagged in his report after a little pressure to tell the truth. You can snag a fish at the base of a top fin with little to no mark on the fish...period. The thing was snagged and this guy is a nut job.

dirtybirds14

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't get it...

The guy makes a blog 3 pages long, and tries to explain his side of the story and his innocence. Then goes and locks up the blog that he tries to explain his situation and change everyone's minds. The guy is a nut!!!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
OMG...LOL...WTF...LMAO...SMH.................STFU - FFS..........PLZ & TY!!!!

PS. My daughter helped me with these.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76