Snow Joe?

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have one? thinking about purchasing this electric 40volt hand held snow blower for my deck but on the fence about it,my back says "go for it" but my
pockets are deep and I have short arms (cheap) but for $100 might be worth a try? insight here?

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why not corded?

- - - Updated - - -

batteries and cold aren't too compatible IMO

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
my deck is only 12x14 plus the unit comes with 3 batteries and no fuss with a cord,hell made it 20 years with out so might just pass,have a friend that had a corded handheld said it was worthless once the snow set up,but if this cordless wonder is anything like my cordless dyson I'm all in.

Last edited:

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the 40v Kobalt I bought used last year for doing the back yard around the patio, have not had problem with 40v battery has worked good, the unit is a bit heavier then I thought, and only really works well with light fluffy snow, too much snow or to wet it shuts off, just have to pop out battery and then works fine, it's not as ideal as I wanted but does do the job....throws the snow out in the yard as opposed to me shoveling it and ending up with snow tunnel at end of winter
I would say if you are worried about your back get one in your hand and try it our before purchasing

s-l640.jpg

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thought you were talking about "Sleepy" or "Creepy" Joe

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will be enjoying the days when my boys get old enough to shovel while I sip coffee:)

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will be enjoying the days when my boys get old enough to shovel while I sip coffee:)

You'll get arrested for child abuse, violations of child labor laws, child endangerment, contributing to the respectfulness of a minor, and just plain being mean. I'd try to refrain from raising your children to be helpful, respectful, and just plain good people if I were you. What a country.....;:;banghead

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the 40v Kobalt I bought used last year for doing the back yard around the patio, have not had problem with 40v battery has worked good, the unit is a bit heavier then I thought, and only really works well with light fluffy snow, too much snow or to wet it shuts off, just have to pop out battery and then works fine, it's not as ideal as I wanted but does do the job....throws the snow out in the yard as opposed to me shoveling it and ending up with snow tunnel at end of winter
I would say if you are worried about your back get one in your hand and try it our before purchasing

ncVUuIHg.jpg

I have one of these too. Was given to me, by a guy moving into assisted living. Nice gift - kinda glad it was free. It's a novelty, at best. I keep the battery inside where it's warm. I don't really have an issue with the battery, but the unit itself is plenty heavy, and while it DOES really throw the light fluffy stuff a long ways, it only clears about a 9" wide path. I guess it would be okay on the deck, but for me it's just as easy to push the snow off with a shovel or broom.

It's one more thing that sits unused, in my garage.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
my deck is only 12x14 plus the unit comes with 3 batteries and no fuss with a cord,hell made it 20 years with out so might just pass,have a friend that had a corded handheld said it was worthless once the snow set up,but if this cordless wonder is anything mike my cordless dyson I'm all in.

You named your vacuum Mike ?

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wonder how it would work on leaves. My yard gets pretty hammered by 3 big Maples every fall and even though the leaf blower and rake work good I wonder if something like this would speed up the process

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wonder how it would work on leaves. My yard gets pretty hammered by 3 big Maples every fall and even though the leaf blower and rake work good I wonder if something like this would speed up the process

if you wait the snow covers the leaves

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

three big maples you say? You have my attention.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
You'll get arrested for child abuse, violations of child labor laws, child endangerment, contributing to the respectfulness of a minor, and just plain being mean. I'd try to refrain from raising your children to be helpful, respectful, and just plain good people if I were you. What a country.....;:;banghead

​Don't forget OSHA. They can tie you up for years. You will be a Grandpa when it gets all straightened out.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
A quality plastic shovel with a long handle works wonders.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anyone have one? thinking about purchasing this electric 40volt hand held snow blower for my deck but on the fence about it,my back says "go for it" but my
pockets are deep and I have short arms (cheap) but for $100 might be worth a try? insight here?

Have you tried a belt?

Btmbncr

I have the 24 volt Snow Joe snowblower, Use it to clean off 6x20 deck and in front of garage doors, Worked good to throw the snow in the wind and the wind blew it away. A little heavy but it beats shoveling!

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member

If you live in Bismarck, you are more than welcome to try mine next leaf-season. I'm going to say you'll be disappointed though. Unless the leaves are bone dry, and small, it won't work.

It would go through a heckuva pile of curled up birch leaves, if dry though.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put a little one stage (5hp) blower on my deck this winter. it doesnt take up much room and one pull it starts regardless of how cold it is.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well thats an idea,how wide is your 5 hp unit? I see snow joe makes a larger electric blower as well for $300 but?
I put a little one stage (5hp) blower on my deck this winter. it doesnt take up much room and one pull it starts regardless of how cold it is.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
its small -- i dont know the size but i would think any of those 1 stage blowers would work. I bought this one for my kid when he was back in elementary school so he could blow snow for me when i was gone. Its probably bigger than what it needs to be - but we downsided on sidewalk driveway we now have to blow and i had no other use for it -- so now it sits on the deck all winter.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74