Confidence Crank

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Diffrent colors for diffrent lakes. I keep notes from year to year. The ones with the most teeth marks work the best.

Cooz'sCatches

Salmo Hornet Gold Fluro Perch is my go to when trolling plugs from 5-7ft of water. Kind of became addicted to this little buggers a few years back after a few good evenings on the water.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spook!!!!!! Zara Spook -- - followed by a bill lewis rattle trap --- largest fish i have ever caught on a -1 baby manns.

Walleyes ND - they have no iq they will hit on anything you throw at em. ---glory days of a red headed bomber back on DL. Or the cotton cordell wally diver

largest quanity of waldos on one crankbait --- in DL --- fat boy norman -- white -- it was a hot lure -- i had it for years beat up so bad --- always had a wire on it - but one day a big nurthern bit through that wire. sad day

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Depends where I'm at. River/tailrace; purpledescent in original floater or scatter rap. Sak; everything has its place. I run a lot of flicker minnows on a long line but love to drop down hornets and #5 flickershads on leadcore. Bandits are quickly climbing the ranks as they catch fish and they come in a straight chrome to lay down some nice paint jobs.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought this was going to be about right before going out on the big date or the once a year anniversary deal after you get married

That's "yank", not "crank".. but, to each their own..

- - - Updated - - -

Depends where I'm at. River/tailrace; purpledescent in original floater or scatter rap. Sak; everything has its place. I run a lot of flicker minnows on a long line but love to drop down hornets and #5 flickershads on leadcore. Bandits are quickly climbing the ranks as they catch fish and they come in a straight chrome to lay down some nice paint jobs.

I see right through you. You're like an open book.

Don't let him fool you guys, his number one go-to lure is a #11 original floater, in the most ghetto color you can imagine. It's so bad, Rapala has discontinued it, and that's saying something. The company whose entire goal is to fill the oceans with lures, decided "nope, this one is too ugly, we won't make it anymore".

The bleeding copper flash.

*shudder...

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
pics or it doesn't exist

This is a #7, but you get the idea.

bcf.jpg

Truthfully, the lure is fine. It's the audacity with which he wields it, that gives his fellow fisherman palpitations. At quiet times, when nobody has said a word for a while, he'll pipe up "I suppose it's about time for me to ca... WHOA BOYS, there's one now"..

And then he'll quiet down again, under baleful glares..

LOL

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought your story until I hit "baleful".

That's when I realized you were just a talebearer, frolicking in his garden of literary pleasance.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh. And LOL, surely.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is a #7, but you get the idea.

FB_IMG_1639930272656.jpg

Truthfully, the lure is fine. It's the audacity with which he wields it, that gives his fellow fisherman palpitations. At quiet times, when nobody has said a word for a while, he'll pipe up "I suppose it's about time for me to ca... WHOA BOYS, there's one now"..

And then he'll quiet down again, under baleful glares..

LOL

loose lips sink ships.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member

What are these BANDITS you talk about?

- - - Updated - - -

cache.php

This is a BombeFlat model A. in the 90's it was my 2nd go to crank. On rainy cloudy days I still use it. It put some nice keeper fish in the livewell last year in the tournament also!

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
- - - Updated - - -

cache.php
These are the "Bandits" the link took me too. I like the way they look. They better work for $7.50 a piece. Since they dive deep you just know you'll be snagging with them a lot

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's the one, Rowdy. Haven't had any tuning issues with them either. They're a big bait but they've worked.

- - - Updated - - -

936C1783-2361-4410-92CE-4FDD1CBA7056.jpgChrome smelt

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Depends on the body of water and depth i'm fishing, but it's either flicker shads or minnows or Reef Runner 800s or ripshads. For 25+fow flicker minnow 11's or the reef runner 800's is all I run if I'm not pulling leadcore.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
#5 salmo hornet.
rug burn or cat scratch

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now that I have a lot of storage in my boat, and don't have to drag box after box of cranks, I see myself spending even more $$ on them sumbitches.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go to on Devils would be a Rapala #5 firetiger shad rap. Not sure what the other 5000 cranks in the boat are for, but they sure look pretty when you open the storage areas.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76