Confidence Crank

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I go looking for Wally Divers. Thank God this thread was started because they DISCONTINUED the CHAMP!! They do have a lot of new colors I like, but them dumb bastages don't make the Super Shad color anymore....That I can find. I'll have to shop the shit out of Ebay now to find replace them :(
s-l1600.jpg

Super Shad in the smaller Wally Diver......Largest LM bass was caught on this lure. Multiple 5 lb walleye were caught on this lure. The jointed one works good too. Got a lot of good memories from this lure. One time I working in Pierre, and went fishing after work down by the Island south of town. There's a nice decked walkway with a culvert under it. Water flows pretty good through there. There's about 10 guys casting over the railing in the swift water on the downstream side. The Champ was the only one that caught a nice 4 lb'er that night!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I go looking for Wally Divers. Thank God this thread was started because they DISCONTINUED the CHAMP!! They do have a lot of new colors I like, but them dumb bastages don't make the Super Shad color anymore....That I can find. I'll have to shop the shit out of Ebay now to find replace them

Lets paint a few up. See if they will work the same as a stock one.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought your story until I hit "baleful".

That's when I realized you were just a talebearer, frolicking in his garden of literary pleasance.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh. And LOL, surely.

The story was true. I used a bit of literary license, but it really happened. Shadrap65 and I had to sit and watch him catch about 5 in a row, in Shadrap65's boat. In the tailrace. It'd be quiet, then he'd say "well.. I suppose.." and boom.

I actually watched him, for real. No rod bend, no bite, then he'd smirk and sound off.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish I was more into cranks. I own a ton but hardly use them. But, my all time go-to was a Wally Diver, shiny blue/silver. First ever cast landed a 4 lb eye in a marina. It caught more eyes than anything else in the box, problem was pike liked it too. It lasted a few years before I lost it, it was gouged to hell from teeth/rocks. Something took it under the 6 mile bay bridge about 8 years ago, but I can only assume it’s still fighting, trying to pull that fish back up to me.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Salmo Hornet for awhile, then go back to bottom bouncers and catch some fish.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
What amazes me is guys who run BB all FN day with little results, then try cranks for 30 minu.tes and if nothing, go back to BB.... SMH...

One day in May I was fishing with a coworker after school. He's a big live bait guy, BB, Lindy's and jigs. My first boat had no kicker and a hellofa electric trolling motor. We tried BB all evening with very little success, we might have had one or two. This was when Oahe just came back up and there were a ton of snags. We were snagging up a lot. When it hit 8:45 I said lets run some cranks with the electric, we got juice till dark. With just two rods we limited in about 15 minutes. As soon as either one of us would get enough line out it wouldn't take but a few seconds and we had a fish. Most of that 15 minutes was reeling in, taking care of fish, and letting line out. All he said was, they sure wanted them cranks tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

So, how long has the Berkley Bad Shad been out? Looks good and like the colors!!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I go looking for Wally Divers. Thank God this thread was started because they DISCONTINUED the CHAMP!! They do have a lot of new colors I like, but them dumb bastages don't make the Super Shad color anymore....That I can find. I'll have to shop the shit out of Ebay now to find replace them :(
cache.php

Super Shad in the smaller Wally Diver......Largest LM bass was caught on this lure. Multiple 5 lb walleye were caught on this lure. The jointed one works good too. Got a lot of good memories from this lure. One time I working in Pierre, and went fishing after work down by the Island south of town. There's a nice decked walkway with a culvert under it. Water flows pretty good through there. There's about 10 guys casting over the railing in the swift water on the downstream side. The Champ was the only one that caught a nice 4 lb'er that night!

DM --- summer cranks --- how does one have you paint cranks up --- can you buy shad raps that are ready to paint or do you have customer bring you already painted cranks and you paint over? for example rapala shad rap -- if i want some in that pink color that you have -- how do you go about it.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought this was going to be about right before going out on the big date or the once a year anniversary deal after you get married

Hair triggers are not your friend. Better adjust the pull weight up a bunch of notches.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
DM --- summer cranks --- how does one have you paint cranks up --- can you buy shad raps that are ready to paint or do you have customer bring you already painted cranks and you paint over? for example rapala shad rap -- if i want some in that pink color that you have -- how do you go about it.
If you want anything but a chrome base, I can paint over it and start over. You just have to send me the baits with hooks and rings removed.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
02863272486.jpg
I like this! Has anyone used Berkley's Bad Shad?

Founding Member
Founding Member
How I feel when trying to contribute to this post..

But I do have a couple boxes of long ones that take me down to about 25 ft.
Use them 1 week in the spring and 1 week late fall chasing big girls. #$%^&>

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
For my beloved Sheyenne River.....nothing better than a Yozuri Crystal Minnow shallow runner in Blue n Silver!! It's heavy enough to cast very well in the wind, AWESOME wobble in side current and sloooooowwww retrieves, and durable enough to take rocks/trees/and hammer handles. The bottom one of the first pic to be precise. I have two others for shallow water, but this is what I tie on FIRST and most of the time that's all I need.
cache.php

But they come in a myriad of WONDERFUL colors..........(Grin)

cache.php

I have a few of these and have NEVER caught a fish on one. Id really like to tho, fish dont seem to like them. Shadraps are usually my go to on the river in the spring, 5-9ft of water.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I often wonder how those shallow runners would work with a snap or leadcore. I've tried putting them behind a BB in the past, with little success. Now that I have 2 LC setups, and snaps, might have to give them a try out deep. Man I have to get out there a bunch of more hours to try a bunch of different stuff out.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's weird is how one year is different than the next.

Yep, I have a pretty large collection of cranks that were stumbled upon and good for one year. For example, the countdown Raps in trout looking colors. These were great for about two years back in the early 2000's as I pulled them with success from diverse places like Heskitt, Washburn, and the Tail Race. I still throw one on every now and then but can't remember the last time I caught a fish with them.

And then last summer there was that day my kids put on a fishing clinic using the old red and white, black and white, and 5 of diamonds daredevils. I hadn't seen a walleye caught on one of them in over 20 years until the kids pulled a limit out of a middle-of-nowhere lake while trying to catch a few pike for fun.

Just about the time I think I've got this walleye fishing thing figured out, it changes.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lycan, I use these where there is enough current to make a seam or below dams or behind obstructions that makes white water. Try throwing them across the swift water and DON'T reel. Let the current create the action all the way across the current. I've tried to retrieve these faster, but with very little success. The slow wobble must make it look like a stunned minnow from below as these baits get crushed where I fish. Normally I get bit when the bait crosses the current seams. Try this and if you still don't like them, send me a pm with some pics and prices. I love'em.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yep, I have a pretty large collection of cranks that were stumbled upon and good for one year. For example, the countdown Raps in trout looking colors. These were great for about two years back in the early 2000's as I pulled them with success from diverse places like Heskitt, Washburn, and the Tail Race. I still throw one on every now and then but can't remember the last time I caught a fish with them.

And then last summer there was that day my kids put on a fishing clinic using the old red and white, black and white, and 5 of diamonds daredevils. I hadn't seen a walleye caught on one of them in over 20 years until the kids pulled a limit out of a middle-of-nowhere lake while trying to catch a few pike for fun.

Just about the time I think I've got this walleye fishing thing figured out, it changes.
Keep's it interesting don't it.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
- - - Updated - - -

cache.php
These are the "Bandits" the link took me too. I like the way they look. They better work for $7.50 a piece. Since they dive deep you just know you'll be snagging with them a lot
……………………………….. I got 20 of them a couple months ago on fish USA. Buy one get one free.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is so lake dependent....

On Sak my go to is #9 and 11 flicker minnows. Usually run one white or clear and something darker like purple and just start rotating. Generally I mix in some Phantom Boogey and Abyss.

On DL I run a lot of hornets and flicker shads as well we jointed.

Oahe last year I had great luck on Phantom Banshee’s and jointed flicker minnows.

With everything, I run as big as I can get away with. Less line and generally bigger bites.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77