Confidence Crank

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
This FN thread has me searching sites for cranks and planning to run the shit out of them this spring & summer. I might have to start using my Cabelas Club points. I've been saving them for years to buy a safe, but I think I'll use a few hundred on some more cranks. I only have about 300.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
This FN thread has me searching sites for cranks and planning to run the shit out of them this spring & summer. I might have to start using my Cabelas Club points. I've been saving them for years to buy a safe, but I think I'll use a few hundred on some more cranks. I only have about 300.

Yep, it is a disease. crankitis or plugpneumonia; talk to your doctor.

my go to on the river would be the flickershad in firetiger

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Somebody....Somewhere.....Someday.......Is going to inherit a bunch of fishing shit!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mom always said that crankbaits were the work of the Devil. We would laugh and laugh.

But now I have to wonder.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mom always said that crankbaits were the work of the Devil. We would laugh and laugh.

But now I have to wonder.

I think of it, as similar to a woman with 100's of pairs of shoes. Obviously not as bad as the shoes, but equally impulsive.

For years, my crank inventory was about the same. I'd lose a few, buy a few.

In the past few years, I've bought more, and apparently gone to better line. I lose only a couple per year now. The old tacklebox is busting at the seams.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
what drives me bat$hit crazy is those days (common it seems) that one effing size/color works - and damn near nothing else does - or at least not nearly as well

so you almost have to have 3-4 of every color/size or you'll risk having one of those maddening days when that one crank is gold... and you'll lose it to a gator or it will fall apart from too much damage and then you're effed

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
what drives me bat$hit crazy is those days (common it seems) that one effing size/color works - and damn near nothing else does - or at least not nearly as well

so you almost have to have 3-4 of every color/size or you'll risk having one of those maddening days when that one crank is gold... and you'll lose it to a gator or it will fall apart from too much damage and then you're effed

Exactly...but wifey no comprende!

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Who...in their right mind...tells their wife about all of the fishing gear that they buy??....:)

And by the way, I've been following this thread, and I absolutely SUCK at pulling cranks...anyone on here wants someone to buy beer, lunch, and gas in trade for a day on the water teaching me (except I live in NE), I'd consider it! About the only time I troll is when each of my kids brings a friend and there are too many in the boat to BB because of all the tangled up lines. Then it is open your bail, count to 20 close it, and away we go...I know...lame...I did get two Cabelas depthmaster combos with leadcore for Christmas two years ago...used once for a couple hours...

However, I rather enjoy casting ripping raps, chrome blue would get the nod starting out the day.

Last edited:

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Firetiger Shad Rap. I could pull #5's and #7's anywhere and have full confidence in them. Second would be Purpledescent Shad Rap's, then maybe Pearl White Shad Rap's.

We had a nutso trip on Sak a few years ago with Bomber 24A's. Same thing a couple years on Oahe with Salmo Hornets. But I have given them good shots on later trips and came up nearly blank. Weird how it can be so hot/cold. One sleeper though is the Dalmation Salmo Hornet. If you have crappies or white bass in good numbers it can be a killer!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
C152E125-4D5A-47A4-9F23-CA1316EA6622.jpg
these look spiffy

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
FGRg8Qk5UQuY.jpg
these look spiffy
I saw a display for this in Scheels and thought the same until I tried to get them out. Of the 10 I grabbed I think only 1.5 came out good without the hook being stuck. Maybe I was doing it wrong??

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to guide a little in summer for extra cash. Had a client come in and fish and gave me a shad rap that I had never seen. Can't remember the story completely as been too many years. But he had some connection with rapala. It was a demo color or something. Was kind of a deep blood red with black tiger stripes. The red was one I hadn't seen. Didn't think much of it until I tried it one day. Slayed fish, so used it a few other outings and it out fished everything else every time. I could never locate that color again. Snagged it off after about 5th use. Never seen it since. Some similar but not exact.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to guide a little in summer for extra cash. Had a client come in and fish and gave me a shad rap that I had never seen. Can't remember the story completely as been too many years. But he had some connection with rapala. It was a demo color or something. Was kind of a deep blood red with black tiger stripes. The red was one I hadn't seen. Didn't think much of it until I tried it one day. Slayed fish, so used it a few other outings and it out fished everything else every time. I could never locate that color again. Snagged it off after about 5th use. Never seen it since. Some similar but not exact.

wally diver in this color close? Fluoresc red/black. Wife slaughtered 'em one day with this one. Didn't have a second one with that day but do NOW!!! lol!!

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cot...rYsFh8sJouARsehauvxoCYUgQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.google.com/search?q=Flu...KHforAEUQ9QEwA3oECAcQCw#imgrc=6iIOrRr_DGDzEM:

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member

interested...

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I looked at a rapala sight and I believe (could be wrong) that I saw all colors available. They had a couple different ones that are mostly red but none match the one I one time had. Don't think they exist.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 123
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86