New 2020

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
For me anyway locator is the Garmin Livescope,very cool concept great for locating schools,down side is the awkward size and weight,,I suspect mods are in the making,check out garmins website,but be seated its a spendy unit that chews up battery life,but for the guy with a wheelhouse or skid house this is your huckle berry.

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's pretty amazing. I've been calling size and specie(walleye vs pike) before catching.

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, where can I see one in action?

YouTube.
I've fished with ahab, no doubt a game changer. Makes you wonder where a person draws the line because it's starting to kinda take the fishing part out of the equation.
But I'm not going to throw the two units out of the tent next week on Winnipeg I can promise you that! #$%^&>

HammsRMK

Honored Member
I would love to see what it shows on Winnipeg. I think you would be able to stay on a school for days when you find the fish. I also would be curious how many big fish come in together.

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
New for me 2020... I will be going thermal for coyote hunting this year. In the shopping process now, been in the learning process for a while as these things are very complex.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is livescope that much better than panoptix? Is the target separation better?

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't know about panoptix? but the target seperation is spot on the scope,infact you can tell what species of fish comes in ice ducer is 500 watts so very powerful, for $2k I'll stick with my vex plus we move around alot,this unit is clumsey for mobil fishermen with a big ole battery to tote but guyz that camp out on a spot this unit is great for you.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It’s been 13 years since I upgraded and I had a hell of a first year in business. So I treated myself to the new Bowtech Revolt. It’s bitchin.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Been shooting my trusty .270 for 56+ years so thinking maybe I should try out one of those fancy 6.5 Creeds. Then read the ballistics and didn't see much difference. That and I don't see so well at 1000+ yards. ;:;banghead

Will stick with perhaps a new set of golf clubs which generally doesn't get discussed much on this site.

Last edited:

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been shooting my trusty .270 for 56+ years so thinking maybe I should try out one of those fancy 6.5 Creeds. Then read the ballistics and didn't see much difference. That and I don't see so well at 1000+ yards. ;:;banghead

Will stick with perhaps a new set of golf clubs which generally doesn't get discussed much on this site.

Haha. You're not wrong.

Golf might as well be discussed, for as much hunting talk there is on this site (North Dakota ANGLER).

Just kiddin' fellas. I don't partake in the foosball discussions either.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I been thinking about a creedmore, worried I won't have enough hair for a manbun if I don't step up. Just kidding, I don't give a fock

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hab do you have the scope or pixt?not sure what the diff is other than price,goofy ice ducer setup looks the same
It's pretty amazing. I've been calling size and specie(walleye vs pike) before catching.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hab do you have the scope or pixt?not sure what the diff is other than price,goofy ice ducer setup looks the same

I have both right now. They are both very good. Livescope is live IMAGING and standard panoptix is live SONAR. You get more crisp views with livescope and can tell size and shape better. Traditional Panoptix is still very good and IMO works better in 40ft+ water.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
buddy clamid the same about the scope,he chases lake trout all winter said the scope has issues in water over 60', but he said hands down the best for open water walleye n bass.

thanx for the reply

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have both right now. They are both very good. Livescope is live IMAGING and standard panoptix is live SONAR. You get more crisp views with livescope and can tell size and shape better. Traditional Panoptix is still very good and IMO works better in 40ft+ water.

I have Panoptix but haven’t used it much. It seems like when I do, I have to lift my jig 10” or so before you get bottom separation. Do you see that or are u able to adjust your set points to get better separation?

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Panoptix but haven’t used it much. It seems like when I do, I have to lift my jig 10” or so before you get bottom separation. Do you see that or are u able to adjust your set points to get better separation?

Separation seems to be more dependent on bottom composition than anything. If you are fishing rocks or uneven bottom, you are going to have more issues with bottom sep. Flat bottom it seems ok with standard Panoptix and quite good with Livescope. I can't say I've seen a 10" lift to see my jig unless I'm fishing rocks or breaklines.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75