Fish house TV’s.....connecting to HULU, Netflix, etc. via IPhone

Aucker33

Established Member
Screenshot_20200126-142407_Amazon Shopping.jpg

These work for iPads not sure about the phone. I use my samsung galaxy with a Samsung tv and just pair the 2. Worked great this weekend on Audubon watching the new season of The Ranch.:;:rockit

Last edited:

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Assuming you have hulu on the TV, you should be able to connect to you phone hotspot and just bypass the iPad. You are entering your hotspot password I assume on your TV network settings? This shouldn't be very complicated. We use a fire stick and just connect it to a hotspot in the icehouse.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Assuming you have hulu on the TV, you should be able to connect to you phone hotspot and just bypass the iPad. You are entering your hotspot password I assume on your TV network settings? This shouldn't be very complicated. We use a fire stick and just connect it to a hotspot in the icehouse.

yes I have Hulu on my phone. Yes I created a hotspot on my phone and connected the TV to said hotspot. No Hulu won’t allow transmission because the home IP address in which Hulu is registered to, is not the same as my phone. What they are trying to do is stop people from pirating their service through multiple locations. I covered this above I thought.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
so you are able to get Netflix and Amazon Prime to work? seems good enough to me just loop Grumpy Old Men and be done with it

yes. The Visio tv also has “free tv” included. There was some decent movies available on there. I’d like to have live tv in case I want to watch the Wild lose.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I know and understand " the children" aspect . This is what has happened with todays world, society and this technology. It is no longer an outdoor adventure/learning experience. It is simply just another home away from home.

A friend of mine is a professional guide and he said basically the same thing to me a few weeks ago. Last fall he had some out of state clients on a bull elk hunt, they were out in a blind and he was calling trying to get a nice (380 class) bull in and happened to look over the Dad and both kids were glued to their phones paying no attention to anything outside the blind. He said there had been cows/calves, small bulls, deer, coyotes and a ton of other stuff from just feet to 500+ yards outside since it was light enough to see. None of them saw anything but their phone. Nobody even took a shot all week.

That's an expensive ($10K+) way to watch shit on your phone, should have stayed home.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m a country boy. Working and being outside is my life. I’m not some pencil pushing desk jockey staring out the window dreaming of the great outdoors on the weekend. So for me, getting to enjoy the outdoors and getting to enjoy some TV programs makes sense. Same goes for my kids. In the end, a person either wants to be outside and enjoy the outdoors, or they don’t. To each their own I guess. Cheers.

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
bobcat2.jpg

These work for iPads not sure about the phone. I use my samsung galaxy with a Samsung tv and just pair the 2. Worked great this weekend on Audubon watching the new season of The Ranch.:;:rockit

What streaming service are you using? I have the same thing in my camper used with a dumb TV and my Iphone. I have only tried it with downloaded content as I don't have Cell coverage where I use it mostly. Netflix downloaded content will work but the stuff I've down loaded from Amazon wont play on the TV.

Aucker33

Established Member
What streaming service are you using? I have the same thing in my camper used with a dumb TV and my Iphone. I have only tried it with downloaded content as I don't have Cell coverage where I use it mostly. Netflix downloaded content will work but the stuff I've down loaded from Amazon wont play on the TV.

I only have used it for work doing presentations and stuff. I'm not sure on the limitations of it other than that. I use my Samsung phone with my Samsung tv and just mirror the screen.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I had a nice wheeled shack that's 16 Ft long, I'd want a TV! I get the experience the outdoors argument, but sitting on a frozen lake for a whole weekend..... not quite the same as sitting in a hunting blind.