Fish house TV’s.....connecting to HULU, Netflix, etc. via IPhone

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone had success connecting their phone to their tv I’m their ice house? I bought a Visio smart tv. It’s a smart tv that has AirPlay, along with all the YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, etc. stuff on it. I attempted to create a hotspot with my phone and connect the tv to it, but it won’t work. I tried to Airplay, but my iPhone doesn’t recognize the TV. The only other thing to try is to buy a lighting cord to hdmi and hard wire the picture to the TV. I haven’t tried this yet, but I’ve heard some of the streaming services have blocked that from happening thinking the user is routing the cord to a recorder box or something, allowing the user to pirate content.

So, here’s what I have: iPhone X, brand new Visio 1080p smart tv, Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime TV. Anyone got this to work?

thanks

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Times have certainly become tough in the world of ice fishing. I mean tv watching. :;:cheers

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can run Netflix and sling off your phones hotspot but Hulu won't allow its not strong enough I do this at home and in the ice house no internet service can cover me except hotspot so I use it daily 24/7 I have unlimited data and 3 devices with hotspot if you connect more then one thing it is horrible I have excellent cell service at the house and ice house which are only 1/2 mile apart lol but good cell service helps the streaming

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Has anyone had success connecting their phone to their tv I’m their ice house? I bought a Visio smart tv. It’s a smart tv that has AirPlay, along with all the YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, etc. stuff on it. I attempted to create a hotspot with my phone and connect the tv to it, but it won’t work. I tried to Airplay, but my iPhone doesn’t recognize the TV. The only other thing to try is to buy a lighting cord to hdmi and hard wire the picture to the TV. I haven’t tried this yet, but I’ve heard some of the streaming services have blocked that from happening thinking the user is routing the cord to a recorder box or something, allowing the user to pirate content.

So, here’s what I have: iPhone X, brand new Visio 1080p smart tv, Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime TV. Anyone got this to work?

thanks
Didn’t know the lightning cord to hdmi is blocked on those apps. Lame! I know I tried that cord streaming yahoo sports feed of nfl games but wouldn’t allow me to use the cord

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why doesn't the hotspot work

The Visio tv says it can’t connect to my hotspot. It’s ask if I want to try again. Same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn’t know the lightning cord to hdmi is blocked on those apps. Lame! I know I tried that cord streaming yahoo sports feed of nfl games but wouldn’t allow me to use the cord

I don’t know that for a fact, that is what the guy at Best Buy said.

- - - Updated - - -

Times have certainly become tough in the world of ice fishing. I mean tv watching. :;:cheers

Think about the children.

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have connected many TV's via hotspot with no issues it's human error there are many trouble shooting Technics on Google

gone_fishing

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have you tried connecting another WiFi device to the hotspot phone? That way you could at least make sure the hotspot is working correctly.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can "cast" from your phone to your TV. I don't know what apps don't work, but I've done it on Netflix and ESPN from my Google Pixel on a Samsung smart TV.

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use an Amazon fire stick on my cabin TV, and then use my iPhone for a hotspot. Works well. Unlimited Data with Verizon.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know and understand " the children" aspect . This is what has happened with todays world, society and this technology. It is no longer an outdoor adventure/learning experience. It is simply just another home away from home.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got it to finally work. I don’t know what was wrong, but I kept trying over and over again, and it eventually worked. It won’t allow me to use Hulu because the “home log in address” isn’t the same as my house since I’m connecting via IPhone hotspot. I’m going to call Hulu and see if it’s something they can allow on their end.

netflix is working and I am playing content on it now.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you jiggle it?

I don’t have to. She jiggles it for me.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a hard wire HDMI that I haven't tried yet. I don't care if I can have tv stuff on the ice, but it would keep the kids entertained.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have found cocaine and hookers to be a good substitute for TV

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are some free apps that give me some tv and movies without being a subscriber.

I tried to get around the Hulu issue by creating a hotspot with my phone that the tv is using. Next I took the iPad and connected to the TV via AirPlay. It works for about 20 seconds and then I receive an error code. Hulu is restricting the use because the IP addresses don’t match. I’m going to call them and have a conversation about this. I can watch Hulu on my phone anywhere. I should be able to project it onto a TV. This is horse hockey.

- - - Updated - - -

I have found cocaine and hookers to be a good substitute for TV

you and your friends are welcome to come hang out at the f shack anytime!

Last edited:

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hookers and blow...…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… Think about the children !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;:;rofl

Last edited:

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Most of these comments could just as well are written in Latin. Mostly the only reason I bring my phone fishing is to use the GPS to get off the lake if a storm moves in.