Trolling Motor Support

Fitz

Established Member
I have a factory travel cover for my Lund Impact and I'm trying to find a solution for a trolling motor support during travel with the cover on. Any suggestions or solutions? I have a ram mount but without cutting a hole in the cover, it has its limitations.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't travel with my factory cover on as it just wears on it....unless it's raining. I'm assuming you have the Ram mount troller support, buy a Flak Jaket for your windshield, store your tarp up front and hit the road.

- - - Updated - - -

I have seen where guys have had a hole cut in them, but then its not waterproof. If you go that way have them do a Velcro flap like the one by your gas cap but with a Velcro strip to hold it open too...just so it doesn't flap in the wind.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are worried it will wear and rub through the cover just put an old t-shirt, rag, towel over the top of it.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I second the motion for the boat windshield cover...money well spent...takes about 3 minutes to put on! TruXedo…$140...good investment. I've got a Lund Impact 1875...only trailered with the cover driving home from DL where I purchased the boat and then last summer for our trip to MN. Otherwise cover stays home when boat goes to the lake...but that windshield cover is always on when traveling...even 5 miles!

Fitz

Established Member
I do have a flak jacket for the windshield. I love it.

We often go to a family cabin in Minnesota and when we have in the past, I have traveled with the cover on. When I do, of course I cant use my ram mount for the trolling motor. I was hoping for some kind of solution. Traveling with the cover off might be the best.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Fitz
It probably wouldn't hurt to call and ask one of the custom tarp guys about any ideas. You could probably have them make some adjustments on your tarp so you can travel with it the way you would like. Can't cost much to ask and have them look it over. I also like to travel with a good cover on when I'm going on those road trips. Protect everything in the boat and a guy can also take advantage of the extra storage for travel.
Check the (custom boat covers) thread for some ideas of who to talk with for custom work. Good luck.
Fish On!

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Huh. I thought this was gonna be a thread about people who cant/wont pull crankbaits...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 141
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 80