Gee Loomis...

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can have a high end blank and still hve poor action and sensitivity unless the rod has been tuned from the factory. Tuned means that the rod has been built to the exact specifications as what the rod was intended for. All those guides should be of a higher quality and built on the spine of the rod. You can get a nice 150 dollar rod with a high modulloss blank ( anything over 8000), good Fuji ceramic guides, and built on the spine of the rod.
[video]https://www.google.com/search?q=checking+for+a+fishing+rods+spine&oq=checking+for+a+fishing+rods+spine&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.26867j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_UUI0Xs2JGpW5tQa4ubawBw80[/video]

So next time when you are at your local outdoor store grab the rod size you want and check every rod they have in that size to find the rod with the guide placement is on the spine and you will be surprised as to what you can find in your lower end high modulloss blank rods.

Last edited:

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I coveted a Loomis for many years, but couldn't get myself to pull the trigger. About 6 years ago, my wife asked me what I'd like for our Anniversary. We actually went shopping together. She bought me an IMX Loomis. It's been my favorite rod ever since. In reality, I have probably caught 350 walleye in 6 years, most on that rod. It has been worth every penny.

If I'm paying attention, I can feel fish think about biting my lure.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
No two rod blanks are exactly the same. Just like no two golf club driver shafts are the same. I’ve done a lot of work on golf clubs over the years. When you buy new driver shafts you can pay $20 to have it spine aligned. Which is great except all the drivers now days have adjustable heads so if your changing driver settings your changing the spine alignment. And they essentially have different stiffness even though they’re marked regular, stiff or whatever. Club builders use frequency machines to test the actual stiffness of the shaft.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74