Ice house break-ins

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
There has been 6 ice house break-ins (that I'm aware of) in the white earth Phelps area of West sak within the last week they have taken augers electronics rods tackle and propane bottles and at least one Honda 2k genset. It's reported that they are driving a white tahoo with a light bar on top. Just getting the news out for anyone fishing in the area.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
That sucks...but who leaves any of those things in their ice house? Maybe I will leave a propane tank and some crappy old rods in there but the rest comes home with me

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Find them! Tar and feather them!

WsC4R.jpg

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is getting to be all to common. I'm like [MENTION=2038]FishSticks[/MENTION] and never leave anything of real value in there, other than the tv i guess. It blows my mind that people can go to sleep at night after doing this stuff.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Too bad a person can't find out when they are going to break in to the fish houses. If one did he could cut a square opening about 4x4 in front of the door and let it freeze over lightly. They would walk towards the door and fall into the lake. Would sure fix those s.o.b.'s!

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just remember to mark your spear hole with a stick in one corner so you cannot get sued.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
couple years ago it was a common occurance in my area,today few have skid houses and more folks use portables but few of us setup a sting couple different nights and caught the unsuspecting dickheads coming in on sleds,we took turns getting dropped off in one of our shanties after midnight night with just a sunflower heater and a flasher to fish with perps came out well after bar closing's thinking "no problem,fixed break-in's pronto,goddamn late teens early 20 year old trash that kicked in doors caused alot of damage in some cases even taking dumps in shacks,,later we found out our houses were meth labs as well,so local PD and wardens helped us locals keep a close eye on our goods,best advice for permenate shacks/skid houses take your valubles with ya when ya leave and don't lock the door. minumizes damge if they really want in.

Last edited:

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
Happens all the time in my neck of the woods. I never leave my wheel house on the lake, pull it home every single time that I use it. It is honestly quite sad how low some people will stoop.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would love to be sitting inside of a house in the dark when someone broke in. Jack one into a shotgun and watch them freakout.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 136
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 77