NDGF Statistics Fun

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Some interesting numbers on the NDGF website for 2019 that make me laugh a bit. Maybe some of you will also find the humor (or maybe some of you are the guilty ones). Here are some highlights.

1- Buck tag that was left over for first come-first serve after the lottery last year. (I think it was 2I).
600- Folks that drew a deer tag but didn't buy a general game and habitat license. (Hmmmm....very interesting.)
2- Number of people that burned FIVE POINTS to get an antelope doe/fawn tag in 4A last year. (Oof).
3- Folks that drew a 4C Muley Buck tag with NO POINTS (lucky bastards).
200- Whitetail doe tags available in 4E
5-Total takers of those tags (2.5% of the allotted amount).
0-Number of people that drew a muzzleloader buck tag with 0 points.
1- Number of people that burned TEN POINTS to draw a muzzleloader doe tag. (Oof. OOOOF)

Happy Friday y'all.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some interesting numbers on the NDGF website for 2019 that make me laugh a bit. Maybe some of you will also find the humor (or maybe some of you are the guilty ones). Here are some highlights.

1- Buck tag that was left over for first come-first serve after the lottery last year. (I think it was 2I).
600- Folks that drew a deer tag but didn't buy a general game and habitat license. (Hmmmm....very interesting.)
2- Number of people that burned FIVE POINTS to get an antelope doe/fawn tag in 4A last year. (Oof).
3- Folks that drew a 4C Muley Buck tag with NO POINTS (lucky bastards).
200- Whitetail doe tags available in 4E
5-Total takers of those tags (2.5% of the allotted amount).
0-Number of people that drew a muzzleloader buck tag with 0 points.
1- Number of people that burned TEN POINTS to draw a muzzleloader doe tag. (Oof. OOOOF)

Happy Friday y'all.

You have to buy general game before they even send a tag now correct? So these people basically put in for the drawing and were drawn but never actually got their tag?

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I assume that is how it went. It’s possible that a number of those 600 people were anti-hunters that put in for tags to take them out of hunters hands but 600 seems high for that.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has that actually been documented? Or is the buying of tags by animal rights people a real thing only on the internet? That means they also went through hunter's safety.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The antelope and muzzy folks were probably grey beards that didn't expect to be able to hunt those critters or that way again in a couple years. I guess if I were diagnosed with something that in all probability was going to permanently sideline me, I'd want to go out again no matter what. If not, then definitely a OOPS!!

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The antelope and muzzy folks were probably grey beards that didn't expect to be able to hunt those critters or that way again in a couple years. I guess if I were diagnosed with something that in all probability was going to permanently sideline me, I'd want to go out again no matter what. If not, then definitely a OOPS!!
i have seen many gray beards apply for cow elk/moose with the hopes of drawing a tag after 20/30 yrs of not drawing anything

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That makes some sense. Hell, I even put in for a cow elk tag at 27 just cuz I wanted to go elk hunting again after a unsuccessful out of state hunt.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
These just prove point systems suck. Also if there are 600 tags that didnt have a general stamp by a certain time need to be put back in to those units and allow people who didnt draw in that unit of first choice another chance to draw.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
These just prove point systems suck. Also if there are 600 tags that didnt have a general stamp by a certain time need to be put back in to those units and allow people who didnt draw in that unit of first choice another chance to draw.
Or maybe first come purchase from those who applied in that unit

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The antelope and muzzy folks were probably grey beards that didn't expect to be able to hunt those critters or that way again in a couple years. I guess if I were diagnosed with something that in all probability was going to permanently sideline me, I'd want to go out again no matter what. If not, then definitely a OOPS!! :;:

You are kidding right asking for those who think you are kidding

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76