2020 Open Water - I'm Ready...Already

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Need to tie up about a 100 new style snells that worked great last summer and that's about it for me. Boat went to bed shine and clean with belly full of premium fuel and fresh oil so good to go.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Picked up a new 1675 Impact XS last spring. No major purchases this year. Just adjustments to make things more functional/easier when on the water.

That and some new friends that who actually can go fishing rather than that "I'll have to ask the wife" guy.

I have about a half dozen of those. And still fish by myself on a regular basis.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The boss agreed to let me work 4 10s this year...so starting in May I'll be off every Friday thru September...bring it! #$%^&>

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
new boat blues for me too. I can't wait for that day when I say "surely it won't snow again" to bring the boat home and then get snowed on again. But at least I'll be able to make motor noises with my mouth and spill the first beer. I planned on adding a few things but I'm going to stick with some wavepros right now. I'd like to buy a bow ladder, but my head tells me one can be built.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
new boat blues for me too. I can't wait for that day when I say "surely it won't snow again" to bring the boat home and then get snowed on again. But at least I'll be able to make motor noises with my mouth and spill the first beer. I planned on adding a few things but I'm going to stick with some wavepros right now. I'd like to buy a bow ladder, but my head tells me one can be built.

If you would like, I could park it out back on my pond so you can at least say it's been on the water this year. We could even punch a couple holes and lower a few jigs over the gunwales to see if any fish are still in the backyard.

Bullsnake

Founding Member
Founding Member
Truck - check
House - Check
kids are older - Check
boat time !!! and at 40 I slipped one by the goalie!!!!! shit
diapers and daycare the ol Johnboat will have to do a bit longer

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
in about a month I'll move the boat from the storage shed to the heated garage. Then I'll sit in it in the evenings and drink beer for a couple more months until the ice melts.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you would like, I could park it out back on my pond so you can at least say it's been on the water this year. We could even punch a couple holes and lower a few jigs over the gunwales to see if any fish are still in the backyard.

Let's just roll to the tailrace.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Truck - check
House - Check
kids are older - Check
boat time !!! and at 40 I slipped one by the goalie!!!!! shit
diapers and daycare the ol Johnboat will have to do a bit longer

You should have snipped that Bullsnake;-)

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
in about a month I'll move the boat from the storage shed to the heated garage. Then I'll sit in it in the evenings and drink beer for a couple more months until the ice melts.
Done that before, wife thought I had lost it.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

We can have garage beer in the boat snapchats again soon I guess:)

3geese4me

Honored Member
I need to change oil and gear case lube and I am ready to go. I need to cut out some more smile blades and tie a couple harnesses. I should be fishing sometime in March I think. I’m from the Lake Erie region and have been toying with the idea of fishing there in the spring.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I need to change oil and gear case lube and I am ready to go. I need to cut out some more smile blades and tie a couple harnesses. I should be fishing sometime in March I think. I’m from the Lake Erie region and have been toying with the idea of fishing there in the spring.

Take me. Take me.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Been boat fishing regularly since 2015, looked back thru my logs...looks like 2016 was the earliest open water season for me - had the big boat on Audubon 3/27/2016. What's the earliest anyone can remember getting the boat out on one of the main ND lakes...Sak/Devils/Audubon?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74