2020 Open Water - I'm Ready...Already

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anyone making a new boat purchase this year...or making a major upgrade on current boat? Last year bought a new Lund Impact 1875 XS...so good with boat/electronics/trolling motor. Only upgrade I'm planning to make right now on the boat are the trolling motor batteries. Boat came with 2 Interstate 27 series...gonna jump up to 31 series. Other than that, aside from buying the usual new cranks/jigs/spinners...etc, may just pick up another bait caster. Hoping for a warm March and quick ice out once she starts going. So obviously now I just sentenced us to a brutal March and April...probably have ice on the lakes until May...I apologize!#$%^&>

ranger150

★ Legendary Member
I was ready the week after I put the boat away! No major upgrades this year. I can't wait!!!

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just need to change oil on the big boat and clean things up a bit. The tiller boat will be on its 21st season and I replaced the transom last winter so it should be good to go for many more. The 621 will be on it's 10th season and got a new kicker and livescope setup last year so she will be ready to rock the big water as well!

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
Purchased two Garmin 9SV's and looking at livescope along with new bottom bouncer set ups (for the wife of course).

Can't wait till open water again!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
New batteries and maybe a new O.B. charger

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Warranty work is all done on mine, and hoping like hell that the battery charger holds up this time. This is my third one.

Other than that, she is all set. I might add a 7" Helix strictly for mapping is all.

I've been itchy for open water for awhile now. I probably look like a crackhead in stage 1 of recovery. It must be this mild weather. It has been dang nice in the Minot area all winter.

Winnipeg in a few weeks, then everything is getting put away, and I'll probably just hit up the Tailrace until shorelines start to show.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing new or upgraded, but "opening day" to another year of muddin' can't come fast enough as far as I'm concerned.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
bought a boat last year thinking of some new suspension seats, I saw a crestliner commander and was impressed.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
My crank box has been stocked, and ready to throw in my vehicle. My waders are likewise ready. From the moment the idea hits me, to driving out of the garage, could be 5 minutes.

Threw plugs at bass weekend before last. Soon it'll be time to go bother the tailrace, and then... as the water warms.. Missouri River walleyes are in danger...

Fitz

Established Member
Picked up a new 1675 Impact XS last spring. No major purchases this year. Just adjustments to make things more functional/easier when on the water.

That and some new friends that who actually can go fishing rather than that "I'll have to ask the wife" guy.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
New boat last year and it’s ready to go and so am I. Fully serviced and detailed. Added a set of Zipwake interceptors over the winter and made a few small equipment adjustments. Have one new live bait combo, 4 new trolling combos, and more $$$ in cranks and other misc tackle than I care to discuss with the wife in the same room ��. Got a new electric knife & bogagrip scale for Christmas. Last thing to do is get a small snap tarp made to close off the hole below the windshield which I have in order with a local upholstery shop. I agree, must be the mild Minot winter, I’m not sure I’ve ever been this ready at this time of year.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
oh yea going to get mine in the garage soon so I can sit in it for a couple months

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
New boat for me this year. Lund pro v 189 gl. First new boat. Setting up with a 36 volt terrova and garmin ultra electronics with livescope. 200 merc. You could say i am excited for open water.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didnt waste any money on gear that i wont prob use anyway --- but i am ready for open water - period ice fishing overrated. sam rayborn bound.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
New batteries and maybe a new O.B. charger

Rowdie - what type/size battery you looking at? The Lund will hold 31 series, looking around at different types right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Picked up a new 1675 Impact XS last spring. No major purchases this year. Just adjustments to make things more functional/easier when on the water.

That and some new friends that who actually can go fishing rather than that "I'll have to ask the wife" guy.

Fitz - last year I got the boat out almost 50 times...nearly half of those trips I flew solo!

- - - Updated - - -

New boat for me this year. Lund pro v 189 gl. First new boat. Setting up with a 36 volt terrova and garmin ultra electronics with livescope. 200 merc. You could say i am excited for open water.

Ha ha...I bet! Congrats on the new boat...

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought me a like new low hour 2014 620 sparkly with Yamahas for Christmas :fishon::;:cheers. Was hoping to find a 621 with grey motors but this one was local and way to nice to pass up!
Plan on putting boarding steps on the tongue and some new 31Duracell batteries in her.
Kept my 112 bluetooth terrova and 10 inch bird off my old boat so I'll have to get those setup. After being around my buddies Garmin livescopes lately I'm jonesin for one BAD ha ha ha!
Headed west for the 20th year here soon, fishing for 8 days straight in the boat is going to feel damn good.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75