Proposed WY big game price increases

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just applied for Colorado archery Elk. What a crock of shit.
You have to buy a NR small game license ($82) before you can even apply + Habitat stamp ($10) + Application fee ($9). All told, it cost me $101.91 to apply for tag I probably won't get.
I would bet 90+% of NRs that apply and get rejected never visit CO to take advantage of their small game license, so they might as well just call it a $100 application fee.
I'll hand it to them though. It's a hell of a scam. It wasn't enough to stop me.

it had been that way for 2 or 3 years now. It changed because preference points changed how you paid for them. They sell more licenses in Colorado than any where else by a long shot so people must not care but the virus might change all that

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, I know it's been that way for at least two years. Still pisses me off.
Pretty selfish of me, but I hope people do stay home. I might draw with zero preference this year ;).

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, I know it's been that way for at least two years. Still pisses me off.
Pretty selfish of me, but I hope people do stay home. I might draw with zero preference this year ;).

Gotta pay to play the western hunting apps game. Each state gets more expensive about every couple of years and yet point creep never slows down. They could double the costs and people would still be jumping over each other to apply.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t think you gonna see any decrease in apps. Those that are playing the game have a strategy are playing the game in multiple states wishiful thinking to this covid virus changes that. EconomicAlly/financially/ time off reason you may see some sit out this year but no way it slows any sort of point creep down in the coming years. I “ should” be going out of state 3x next year and I haven’t thought once about changing it yet.
you can thank Eastman’s, hunting fool, and the likes of those magazines for changing the face of western hunting. Bascially charging consultant fees to find the best units.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not usually free to apply, or build points in a lot of states. And requires a significant upfront cost in some states. There is without a doubt in my mind going to be less people applying and hunting in the West this year.

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
Price increases and C19 haven't changed my application strategy. I'm hopeful that there's going to be a drop in the number of applicants out west this year so I can draw one of the many tags I've applied for but as Flatrock and jdinny stated above, there likely won't be much of an impact on draw odds and point creep will continue. It's an expensive game to play but I'm going to play it for as long as I can and hope to have many more amazing hunts before I'm too old.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76