Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,384
      Given: 2,254
      Waaaay back when the Mobridge ice tourney was in its infancy, and there were only maybe 80 teams or less, there was a huge walleye weighed in that the tournament officials knew wasn't legit, but couldn't prove it. They did stop having the calcutta after that. The tournament crew was out checking people and taking pictures, and a kid who was not in the tournament had a big 8 lb pig. His buddies from the same town, were fishing by him also. Low and behold those buddies weigh in a 8 lb pig. And just all proud too, with real smiles at the weigh ins.

I'm not sure what it is in humane nature that rewards cheaters. Maybe ask the Russian athletes, who not only cheat, but go to all lengths not to be caught. The world championships for age classes are a joke. The Russians are sending out 15 and under kids with full beards LOL. I know I wouldn't want to win with an unfair advantage, in even a game of checkers. Maybe ask the Astros. Maybe they justify it in their head by convincing themselves that the rule itself is unjust, so not following it is ok? If you believe that a fish reeled in on the end of your line, even if snagged, should count a fish caught, then you might lie to cheat the foul hooked rule.

0 Not allowed!

2. Back To Top    #42
      Ultimate VIP Member
      Winter, huh.

Mood:
      Meh

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 6,895
      Given: 3,062
      Classifieds
      What little tournament fishing I did proved I wasn’t cheating(pretty much sucked). When it’s not your day when it counts, it blows. Maybe it’s ego and maybe it’s greed that fuels these guys. Not sure.

I’d want to win for myself because most will discredit you anyway. Same reason I weigh my fish with a good scale and measure with a good bump board. I want to know exactly what it is for me, not anybody else.

If you win a tournament most will call you lucky. If you win a bunch, you must be cheating. There are some that see through it all and give respect if it’s due, though.

Now days, I just want to go fishing.

3 Not allowed!
      Last edited by Captain Ahab; 02-13-2020 at 08:32 PM.

3. Back To Top    #43
      VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1,032
      Given: 773
      Anytime you have a contest and money involved you will have cheaters. That's why I'm opposed to all hunting and fishing tournaments. That's not what hunting and fishing is about and it takes away from it IMO.

2 Not allowed!

4. Back To Top    #44
      Ultimate VIP Member
      Enjoying Life

Mood:
      Cool

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,424
      Given: 11,803
      We were brought up that if you don't or wouldn't want it done to you then don't do it to others.
      Has worked well for us through out our lives. A few times we got the shaft from a couple people even though we treated them right. Never had anything to do with them after that.
      The old saying, screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me. Well they didn't get to do it the second time.

4 Not allowed!
      God, Family, Country, Green Bay Packers!

Johnny 7

5. Back To Top    #45
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Quote Originally Posted by NDSportsman View Post
      Anytime you have a contest and money involved you will have cheaters. That's why I'm opposed to all hunting and fishing tournaments. That's not what hunting and fishing is about and it takes away from it IMO.
      I've been anti-tournament since they started having them EVERY FN weekend in June. When I was a kid, the one big tournament a year was kind of cool, but then the Pro's came to town, then every weekend all summer seemed liked there was one. Sometimes multiple tournaments. Then I got dragged into one a few years ago and we've been getting into it annually. I think we've been in it 4 times now, and its linked to a series and we qualified for the finals and got into that once too.

2 Not allowed!

6. Back To Top    #46
      Bronze Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 15
      Given: 69
      boils down to it isn't how you play the game , it's weather you win or lose is what counts

0 Not allowed!

7. Back To Top    #47
      Ultimate VIP Member
      hunting

Mood:
      Angry

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 7,653
      Given: 2,572
      Quote Originally Posted by Rowdie View Post
      Waaaay back when the Mobridge ice tourney was in its infancy, and there were only maybe 80 teams or less, there was a huge walleye weighed in that the tournament officials knew wasn't legit, but couldn't prove it. They did stop having the calcutta after that. The tournament crew was out checking people and taking pictures, and a kid who was not in the tournament had a big 8 lb pig. His buddies from the same town, were fishing by him also. Low and behold those buddies weigh in a 8 lb pig. And just all proud too, with real smiles at the weigh ins.

I'm not sure what it is in humane nature that rewards cheaters. Maybe ask the Russian athletes, who not only cheat, but go to all lengths not to be caught. The world championships for age classes are a joke. The Russians are sending out 15 and under kids with full beards LOL. I know I wouldn't want to win with an unfair advantage, in even a game of checkers. Maybe ask the Astros. Maybe they justify it in their head by convincing themselves that the rule itself is unjust, so not following it is ok? If you believe that a fish reeled in on the end of your line, even if snagged, should count a fish caught, then you might lie to cheat the foul hooked rule.

Let me guess they were from bowdle. The year we got second the team that beat us was from bowdle weighed in just in time and won by ounces....

0 Not allowed!
      Killing with the 6.5 creedmoor before you even new what it was.

8. Back To Top    #48
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Ding Ding Ding Ding We have a Winner!! Oh shit you were the ones the F'ed over! Yep those be da ones.

1 Not allowed!

9. Back To Top    #49
      Ultimate VIP Member
      hunting

Mood:
      Angry

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 7,653
      Given: 2,572
      Quote Originally Posted by Rowdie View Post
      Ding Ding Ding Ding We have a Winner!! Oh shit you were the ones the F'ed over! Yep those be da ones.
      It was actually a few years after that first incident but was kinda of a running joke for a while since a team from bowdle won like 5 years in a row. The one year when fishing was really bad when all the shad died they said they used wax worms and tear drops just to be dinks

0 Not allowed!
      Killing with the 6.5 creedmoor before you even new what it was.

10. Back To Top    #50
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,383
      Given: 1,597
      I don’t think it even has a whole lot to do with money. It has a lot more to do with “hey look at me I’m a great white fisherman”. If a guy really wants to read a good cheat story look into Mike Long. Supposedly THE greatest big bass hunter to ever live. People worshipped this guy in the big bass world. He made literally hundreds of thousands of dollars through sponsorship and tournaments. Had lake records galore(a thing in California) and here it turned out he was probably the biggest cheat to ever enter the fishing world. Cheated about everything. Kept fish in aquariums till tourney day, snagged bedding bass, tied them to tree stumps, the guy was Friggen crazy. But like I said it isn’t even always about money. People cheat in little club tourneys and other low level endeavors just for the recognition. Look at that goofball Tom Volk. Lol

3 Not allowed!
      Last edited by Sum1; 02-13-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123