What are your thoughts?

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Your birth gender should dictate what you participate in, not what you identify as.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope the girls win . Here in ND we used to see the opposite where girls would play in boys sports (hockey) before there were girls teams and there is no doubt that males are superior athletes compared to females. The last thing I want to see in is "special rights" for transgenders, They should have thought about that before they switched sexes.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
My only thought on the subject is:

"Pigeons coming home to roost"

Actually, the above is my 2nd thought on the subject. My 1st thought is:

"I can't believe I even have to think about this."

Last edited:

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your birth gender should dictate what you participate in, not what you identify as.
This should and would be the most logical and fairest way to go. But just wait and see if, or what Duane Wade's (IT) (THING) or whatever you choose to call his born son does if anything.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I am seeing people finally getting a belly full and not being shy about pushing back. The immunity to shaming by the SJWs is increasing for most people.

Case in point - the other day, when Facebook KFYR had an article on the photo artist wanting to put Greta's mural in downtown Bismarck, I saw well over 500 comments - and 95% were "eff that noise! and madder than hell" while the other 5% were trying to shame the 95% for picking on poor Greta.

This is what resulted.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/02/13/greta-thunberg-mural/

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
its sad it has come to this, boye shouldnt be allowed to particapate in girls sports I hope they win.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
there’s some sort of mma fighter that decided he was a women and now he’s absolutely beating the piss out of women. Joe Rogan has talked about it a couple times on his podcast.

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 1.08.13 PM.jpg

This is how the states break down on letting TG athletes compete.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
It all started with participation trophies and everyone is a winner...now look what they are doing!

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am a coach too. I agree with this gripe. Where's the common sense in this world? The minority types are always suing for something..about time they get sued back. The softness of this country is deafening. As a coach I do not agree with transgenders participating in a sport against their gender. It is not equal. Period. I am also not a fan of boys or girls participating in each others sports past the age of 10-12 or so. We have girls in middle school and HS competing in wrestling. I don't feel that is right. Too many reasons to type out. I have no issues with either gender and sports they want to play, just form your own team. I wouldnt fight it, or even complain to any official etc. That is only my opinion. Maybe someone has a good argument against me.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Legally all you would have to do is start a TG team , Here in ND there wouldn't be enough for a team but we could say we obliged.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
America is screwed. If you are born a boy u should play boy sports.

If u are a girl u should be in girl scouts. Not boy scouts.

I would have been miss Gatorade player of the year if I played volleyball in highschool against a bunch of girls.

It's also funny how it's a double edged sword for feminists. Male and female are equal but then they admit males have an advantage in sports. Well duh. Males and females are different. And that's fine. Women are better at a lot of things then men.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
This whole high school sports thing is totally whacked anyway. If girls can play football and wrestle for gods sakes let the queers play girls sports. When they started letting girls play with the boys they opened a can of worms they should have never opened.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Transgenders, gays, extreme feminists and parents that support them are my pet peeves. Along with pedophiles and abortions and people crying racism and equal rights.

Basically Democrats.

I wish it was 100 years ago where men were men and women were women. And you got your ass kicked on the playground for gay shit.

Women are pretty and raise babies. Men are bigger and stronger and protect. It's nature.

Got off on a tangent there but damn.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes eyexer. Football and wrestling is a boys sport.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Don't use Title 9 in this discussion in my opinion. When Title 9 was encased it was to insure girls had equal opportunity in sports as boys. When I was in HS the school I attended was like most smaller Class B schools. Boys could play FB, BB, Track and BaB in the summer. Girls had Track and Cheerleading. Can't argue that wasn't fair. Girls BB was added and not long after that VB. There was never any discussion of transgender or I'm pretty sure never even thought that would ever come up.

just because a boy grows out their hair and starts wearing a bra does not make them a girl physically. Medically I have no idea what changes all occur when a transgender completes the surgery and starts taking hormones. In my mind there is no way that most girls can compete physically with boys. If that were true, why are there different world records for each sex.

Don't use the excuse that a transgender has been discriminated against either. I'm sure they have in some cases but that doesn't allow them to discriminate against others to get even. transgenders have the right to be treated fairly but fairly does not always mean treated the same.

Used to coach myself and was an AD for many years, glad I don't have to deal with this issue.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why is this even a question or option?

- - - Updated - - -

This whole high school sports thing is totally whacked anyway. If girls can play football and wrestle for gods sakes let the queers play girls sports. When they started letting girls play with the boys they opened a can of worms they should have never opened.

Girls in boys sports have a biological physical disadvantage while boys in girls sports have a biological physical advantage

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am also not a fan of boys or girls participating in each others sports past the age of 10-12 or so. We have girls in middle school and HS competing in wrestling. I don't feel that is right.

I'm 45. When I was wrestling in Jr. High (late 80's), if the other team had a girl in our weight class our coaches would forfeit, there wasn't even an option for us to try. Coaches reasoning was very straightforward. There was an opportunity for a boy to touch a girl (or vice-versa) where they ought-not be touched (whether on purpose or by accident) at a school-sanctioned event.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55