Gordon Kahl

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wrong on first statement, and I completed your second for you. If the govt were to allow Kahl, the Whackos in Waco, or the Dumbass up on Ruby Ridge to win in a shootout, all it would do is encourage more people to take up arms against the govt. Anyone here really want to live in anarchy?

Interesting post Allen. I wonder how it would have been received back in 1776 when the same or similar terms were applied to the founding fathers?? I believe taxes were an important issue back then as well.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Read my statement above as he proved to the IRS he didn't owe any taxes. They got him for not filing his taxes. They always stated for taxes owed as it sounded better and people wouldn't be so quick to give sympathy.
Don't get me wrong as i feel this whole thing could have been avoided and Gordon could have and should have done things differently. Trouble is he kept telling more and more people about not paying taxes and the Government didn't want to hear that and Gordon wouldn't quit and believe me they kept telling him to just not be vocal about it but he wouldn't listen.
the only way to prove to the IRS you don’t owe taxes is to file your taxes lol. If he went through all the trouble to prove it to them some other way and not by simply filling out a 1040 then it would be really hard to sympathize

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM,

1776 was very different as we were being ruled by the British Empire for the benefit of the Crown and had no say in how we were being treated. Last I checked, we generally send Americans to represent us in our government. The remedy to Kahl's issues was in the ballot box, not the magazine of a Ruger Mini-14.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
were the tax evasion crimes and arrest warrant for parole violation enough for the feds to justify going after him with road blocks and guns drawn when he could have been taken peacefully at any other time? It appears to me the feds wanted to make an example out of him.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong on first statement, and I completed your second for you. If the govt were to allow Kahl, the Whackos in Waco, or the Dumbass up on Ruby Ridge to win in a shootout, all it would do is encourage more people to take up arms against the govt. Anyone here really want to live in anarchy?

Allen who was proven of wrong doing in the Ruby Ridge incident?

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1995-08-16-mn-35756-story.html

Last edited:

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
So are you people on here that blame law enforcement for the shoot out the same ones that blame law enforcement when a black guy gets shot and the black community is outraged? I didn't think so.

Bottom line is no matter who is right or wrong, don't pull out your guns on law enforcement. I don't care how righteous he was and how much you think the feds screwed him over, his life will be defined by his actions of being a murderer.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member

Randy Weaver wasn't a dumbass as much as he was a recluse. When he moved up on that mountain in Idaho he didn't know his neighbor was the Church of Universal and Triumphant. The feds wanted him to join and become an informant. He refused. So they had some schmuck go over to Randy's and ask him to saw off a shotgun. They had him on a federal offense. He still refused.

Everyone knows what happened next. The government went into full spin. We have a white supremacist dug into a bunker (plywood house) on Ruby Ridge. Weaver's wife was dead, his son was dead and there was a helicopter on the way with a gasoline bladder to cover the mess up.

Randy Weaver was retired army special forces who served in Vietnam under Colonel Bo Gritz. It was Bo Gritz who crossed the barricades and talked Randy into coming out. Weaver was awarded over $3 million dollars.

cache.php

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You pull a gun on a LEO consider yourself 6’ under. And rightfully so

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Weaver was an A-hole for putting his family on the frontlines in his illegal fire, I don't feel sorry at all for him even in the slightest but have a great deal of sympathy for those who ended up paying for his running afoul of the law.

No different than Waco to me.

I CANNOT imagine a realistic scenario where I will draw a gun on law enforcement. And if I ever get to the point of where I think I have a scenario, I seriously hope my family and friends intervene.

- - - Updated - - -

Randy Weaver wasn't a dumbass as much as he was a recluse.

Not surprisingly, we will have to agree to disagree. And the fact the gubberment threw sympathy money at him for killing the innocents, doesn't change my opinion of him in the slightest.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember this when it happened. Wasn't Kahl part of a group? I remember that he wasn't paying his taxes, that's what the stories on TV said, not sure about not owing so not filing. I never heard that before. But I do know he and his group were advocating that others not pay their taxes.

There was a rancher just west of where I grew up that was part of some radical group. He supported Kahl. He owed taxes, and they took his ranch. He had made statements of over his dead body, so they went in with a show of force, busted a glass bottle of ketchup over his head lol. I went to school with his kids, and were on the same sports teams. He used to write long letters to editor of the local paper about the monetary system. Bottom line he didn't believe in money. He was a strange dude. I rode back with him, his wife and two kids from a wrestling tournament in Wisconsin. What little I gathered from that trip was he didn't like any laws that restricted what he wanted to do. He couldn't drive since they took his license, and complained about that and basically any laws of the HWY, including licenses, registrations, etc.... He had some strange views. His kids turned out OK though.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
the only way to prove to the IRS you don’t owe taxes is to file your taxes lol. If he went through all the trouble to prove it to them some other way and not by simply filling out a 1040 then it would be really hard to sympathize

Laugh all you want. I know what i know and i am leaving it at that. You can think what you want to think but also things were done much differently back then. A former Federal marshal knew Gordon well and for the life of me i can not remember his name now but anyway they became somewhat friends or friendly and Gordon did trust him and he arranged for 2 people from the IRS to come out to Gordon's farm with him and discuss the whole situation and for Gordon to prove he didn't owe any taxes. This happened 2 different times that i know of. Like i said things were done differently back then.
The former marshal tried his best to get Gordon to file and he wouldn't. Before this big raid this former marshal told the higher up feds to not go through with this raid as things were going to go south as Gordon became radical on this whole situation. But they wouldn't listen and believed no farmer from ND would follow through with his threats. Well you know the rest of the story.
This is all i am going to say on this matter. So believe what you want it really doesn't matter to me.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
The guy was a whack job that had a valid arrest coming. The LEO's were morons in the way they tried to arrest him. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The bottom line is the dude suffered from mental illness. And back then it wasn’t recognized or dealt with unless you were a total sociopath.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Laugh all you want. I know what i know and i am leaving it at that. You can think what you want to think but also things were done much differently back then. A former Federal marshal knew Gordon well and for the life of me i can not remember his name now but anyway they became somewhat friends or friendly and Gordon did trust him and he arranged for 2 people from the IRS to come out to Gordon's farm with him and discuss the whole situation and for Gordon to prove he didn't owe any taxes. This happened 2 different times that i know of. Like i said things were done differently back then.
The former marshal tried his best to get Gordon to file and he wouldn't. Before this big raid this former marshal told the higher up feds to not go through with this raid as things were going to go south as Gordon became radical on this whole situation. But they wouldn't listen and believed no farmer from ND would follow through with his threats. Well you know the rest of the story.
This is all i am going to say on this matter. So believe what you want it really doesn't matter to me.

He was in the news with this tax stuff before the shooting, and his group was advocating that no one pay taxes. I remember people saying that had he and his group had just kept quiet, and not advocated people stop paying their taxes, that this who big show of taking him down wouldn't have happened. BTW isn't his son Yuri sill alive and in jail, or did they kill him too?

Deep Forks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve heard ‘Posse Comitatus’ was the group he belonged too... just what I’ve heard, no evidence to back it up.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya that's it Posse Comitatus. BBJ may be right that Kalh didn't owe the IRS, but then why not file? If you pick a fight with uncle Sam, and make threats of violence, don't cry about the consequences.

RPNLPS

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Comes down to ones own beliefs! Don’t fuck with me I won’t fuck with you!!!!
It all comes down to being willing to die for what you believe in. Not what some other douche bag wants to die for believing in!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
bottom line ---- tax protesters now days ---- they just dont file or pay and the IRS does not have the funding to go after them all -- tax debt has exploded.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The claim that there are two sets of laws have been proven again today.

Stone was convicted of lying to the FBI and tampering with witnesses and they want to send him to prison for 7-9 yrs.

Andrew G. McCabe, the former deputy F.B.I. director will not face charges in an investigation into whether he lied to investigators about a media leak, his defense team said on Friday.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77