Gordon Kahl

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I lived in Montana at the time, but of course heard all about it.

It's kind of a legend in North Dakota.
Every year more and more People claim they were there or that they knew Kahl.

I'm guessing Kahl had some serious mental health problems, like most others in the circles he was in.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think anyone here is trying to say Kahl was right , Not that I noticed anyway.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I can still remember when I first heard of this. At that time i did not know the whole story and still do not know but i did not question the why, how or what happen. I did not question the right or wrong of it.
But felt the issue was not worth losing one's life over it.
Today i feel no different. My thoughts turn to how easy it was to prevent the lost of life and that was Kahl's job to do. He decided not to end it before life was lost and so today if I find out he is spending eternally in hell i would not give it a second notice.

But forward to today's issue that i have and that is the confiscation of weapons by our govenment.
Each day something happens to bring the subject up and some current leaders along with want-a-be leaders advocated for this. Thank goodness in Virginia that four democrats sided with the republicans and table that motion to ban all AR type rifles for now at least.

The wife and I have discuss this issue and what we would do if one day a person shows up to take weapons from us.
My oldest son lent me a M-1, about 270 rounds, I purchased 14 clips so far with 6 in a bandolier which is with the M-1.
The weapon has no value for hunting, sport event or even target practice. But it does shoot way left and I need to fix that this summer. Also would like to get a low power scope and be able to use the scope plus the iron sites if that is possible to purchase.

My throughts turn to:
#1 this will never happen
#2 there will be a bunch to stand along side me in order for me to keep my weapons.
However i do question this.
I know weapon owners who see no problem in registering all their weapons, AR owners who have no problems in turning over their AR, some have no ideal and care little and in the end i have little faith in my follow man. I suspect some will try to hide the fact they have a AR and a bunch will just turn theirs in. This leaves me standing by myself.
So the person comes and they are just doing there job. I stand there with my loaded M-1. God forbid the need to use but i can not give up any weapons. I have an obligation to those who fought and die to protect our rights.

So i ask you, is this issue strong enough to take a life and in the end lose my life? Just as I assume Kahl felt. To bring all this onto my family.
The decision needs to be made before it comes to happen and when/if it happens i can not second quess my decison.
Will most look at me in the end as I looked at Kahl and others have?
I have a fair number of weapons (most are old with no records on them) and some say I have a problem with owning that many, that I am way off base on my thinking. I have try to have a conversation with a group on what we would do and most state it will not come to be. So I work on #1 and feel #2 has no value.

I do not feel I am some kind of off base nut but am concern of a bunch of elected people who feel this is the answer to the problem and get it passed
So I asked you then, what do you say? db

To me my time in south east Asia was no different. Hell yes I went even though I felt it was wrong but did what was asked of me. I take pride in my service but do question what I did over there (with more questions as I get older). It took the long hair freaks who avoided the draft to get us out of that conflict that a bunch of elected people got us into.
Recounted, have 285 live rounds for my m-1, more than I will need in my life time. Since 22 got cheaper have close to 8000 including about 1500 stingers with a goal of 10000 on hand, plenty of 300 weatherby, 264 but need to get more 25-20 (now 200+), 44-40, 32-20 (maybe), 217 zipper (140 enough), 222 magnum (80), 38-55 one box, 375 none, 30-40 krag one box, 22 k hornet 250, 218 bee two boxes of 50, and for my odd ball caliber like the 270 maybe 120, a few 30-30 and I do not think I will ever shoot a 30-30 again, around 200 22-250, one box of 7mm-08 but I need to first get that rifle as I gave the two I had to my kids, have look for years to get a least one box of 22 special so I can at least shoot it once with the right bullet, and maybe a few more to catch up to the red neck neighbors of mine.

But sold them all yesterday along with the weapons so if they come I guess I will need one of you or a few of you to cover my ass for me, good luck and hope you get the first shot in. Just promise me you will show up as i am expose now.

Been told they have 22wrf which is same as the 22 special so will buy and see. DB

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Pretty sure there would be another civil war if the government tried to take personal weapons from the people. We have seen what happens when a government is able to do that so it will not happen with out a fight and it would be a big one.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
United Nations Foundation and Bloomberg Philanthropies

:;:thumbsup I think it was over for Doomberg last night when Pocahantas challenged him to release women from the undisclosure/disclosure (whatever) agreements they signed just before Doomberg paid them off for whatever it was he did. The democratic debates last night were great with them exposing each other. Now to separate themselves from Burnie and have half a chance some are trying to pretend they are moderate as if any of us are dumb enough to believe that.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
:;:thumbsup I think it was over for Doomberg last night when Pocahantas challenged him to release women from the undisclosure/disclosure (whatever) agreements they signed just before Doomberg paid them off for whatever it was he did. The democratic debates last night were great with them exposing each other. Now to separate themselves from Burnie and have half a chance some are trying to pretend they are moderate as if any of us are dumb enough to believe that.

I am not counting Bloomber out after the debate I think he is a fighter. the non disclosure were from his companies which could be anyone associated with that company and may not be Bloomber himself. He did say that he was never accused of anything other than maybe someone not liking a joke he told. I did chuckle when Bloomberg called Bernie a communist and asked about his three houses.

Bernie was to aggressive and kept raising his hand like a annoying 2nd grader.
Sniffin Joe and his creepy bug eyes just looked deranged [FONT=Roboto, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Mayor Pete Buttplug looked timid and appeared not to get into to many fights

Pocahontas came across as the screaming psychotic unhinged ex girlfriend

Klobuchar didn't want to get in the fight and tried to be a comedian and failed at that.

I don't think any of them have what it takes to get out enough votes to beat trump.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
db-2, I don't think it's all doomy and gloomy and that violent confrontations are a foregone conclusion. I'd like you to think about a few things. One, How can the state take something they don't know about, two, How can the state take something they can't find, and three, What can the state do if the people just don't comply? Gun laws are USELESS if people do not comply and these stupid politicians don't know about or can't find the guns. Peaceful non-compliance never killed anyone, but it sure has some wonderful consequences for stupid politicians. Look at Virginia. Basically, the people said "Pass these idiotic laws! We won't follow them anyway!" and the Sheriffs of most of the state, refused to enforce them to boot. What happened?? These worthless politicians not only HAD to back down, but they showed their true colors and will now be under extreme political pressure for their seats of leadership. Pulling triggers is the LAST RESORT, but if it comes to that, I believe their are FAR MORE men out there willing to step up than folks know. They just aren't going to advertise it and put themselves or their families at risk of persecution by those same idiot politicians. Better to let these politicians WONDER and CONTEMPLATE what you might do, instead of telling them what you can and will do. Fear of the unknown and the element of surprise has won many a battle throughout time.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
They just aren't going to advertise it and put themselves or their families at risk of persecution by those same idiot politicians.
:;:huh I have no idea what your talking about.:;:thumbsup I wish I had some guns. :( Don't forget Mauser told you I sold mine out of my trunk in a back alley.

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
KDM
There is a law and one just keeps their mouth shut, pretend the law does not exsist.
Not neccesary the way i would like to handled it. I enjoy my weapons and do not want to hide them. Need to stop it before it becomes a law, they find out and i have a felony and lose all guns.

Yes in the end i believe there would be a bunch to stand up. That it will not become the law of the state however at one time AR ownership was against the law and i see no reason that it could not become law again. Apparently no one stood up the first time.
Not sure who would go first in standing and i feel one would be surprise at how many just turn there guns over. Then some place it becomes law, we do not need what may happen after that.
I just wish more was being done to protect this from every becoming a law and more time spent on those nuts doing the killling. Do appreciate your comments and yes i wish i had not sold all my weapons. At least the bulk i believe had no records on file and that may help the new owners out. DB

Last edited:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Disarm you

Disarm you.jpg

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not counting Bloomber out after the debate I think he is a fighter. the non disclosure were from his companies which could be anyone associated with that company and may not be Bloomber himself. He did say that he was never accused of anything other than maybe someone not liking a joke he told. I did chuckle when Bloomberg called Bernie a communist and asked about his three houses.

Bernie was to aggressive and kept raising his hand like a annoying Little Johnny.
Sniffin Joe and his creepy bug eyes just looked deranged

Mayor Pete Buttplug looked timid and appeared not to get into to many fights

Pocahontas came across as the screaming psychotic unhinged ex girlfriend

Klobuchar didn't want to get in the fight and tried to be a comedian and failed at that.

I don't think any of them have what it takes to get out enough votes to beat trump.

fixed it for ya!!

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't watch cartoons any more so didn't watch the debate. Quit watching cartoons after college. Used to get up and watch Rocky and Bullwinkle on Saturday mornings at the fraternity house. They are not on anymore ... so no more cartoons for me!!!

Brittman

My dad was friends with Marshall Ken Muir. I knew Ken and he was a good guy. He had a wildlife framing business that was going to be his retirement income and hobby. He had some very interesting tours as a US Marshall ... if memory serves he had stints protecting Kennedy and the Stones.

When most of us make a "mistake" or miscalculation at work it typically is not fatal. Those guys were ill prepared for what they faced that day. Their mistakes proved fatal.

- - - Updated - - -

I will add that Medina was a core hunting area for my brother and I. This was before all the NRs flooded that area chasing ducks. It was remote and quiet even during peak migration. It was pretty eerie traversing the area where the shoot out occurred.

Kidder county was general "poor" back then. Many farmers struggled to make a living and the forming drought did not help the situation. There was certainly a growing "militia" in ND at the time - isolationists, paranoid, relatively poor and taxes were a killer ...

One positive thing that happened after the shoot out and killing was these militias shrunk in size and strength as they had to go pretty deep underground.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find my eyebrow raising when I hear people say the Sheriff will refuse to do his job, seems like rank speculation and the fact is some will, some will not, and no way to know until it happens. Forced subjugation will be slowly over time.... I work with a person that is excited and looking forward to the upcoming civil war.....

Brittman

Slope, Bowman, and Golden Valley counties do indeed have a higher percentage of "crazies". Isolationists, paranoid ....

True in the 70s and 80s and apparently still true today.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When it comes to gun registration, Canada tried it. Became to expensive and most weren't following the registration, at least in western Canada. Knew several people in western Canada who told me that they refused to register because they felt there was no way they were going to put all of western Canada in jail. And they didn't. You still need a firearm acquisition and possession license to buy guns and ammo but not register the gun itself. Not the best but firearms aren't in the news like they were several years ago.

If a law were ever enacted that required gun registration, how many of the gun owners in this country would they jail for failure to do so? What will it take to get liberals to realize that guns do not operate on their own? For to long people have blamed the gun instead of the person behind the gunboat I'm preaching to the choir.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
When it comes to gun registration, Canada tried it. Became to expensive and most weren't following the registration, at least in western Canada. Knew several people in western Canada who told me that they refused to register because they felt there was no way they were going to put all of western Canada in jail. And they didn't. You still need a firearm acquisition and possession license to buy guns and ammo but not register the gun itself. Not the best but firearms aren't in the news like they were several years ago.

If a law were ever enacted that required gun registration, how many of the gun owners in this country would they jail for failure to do so? What will it take to get liberals to realize that guns do not operate on their own? For to long people have blamed the gun instead of the person behind the gunboat I'm preaching to the choir.

The Canadians hired (CGI) Consultants to Government and Industries, to create the data base that failed after spending $2.7 Billion.

And then CGI was later hired to create the Obama Care website. Can't make that shit up.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75