Gordon Kahl

rapala_09

Honored Member
Like I said don’t fuck with me I won’t have to fuck with you ! Common sense, pretty simple!!!!
Not one person on this earth has to do anything but live and die it’s there choice! You don’t have to live by a governments laws just because you live somewhere, you just have to avoid them if you don’t believe in them!

If you want to know I think the police should be the judge and the jury!
Speed limit is 55 mph and your going 56 and you get pulled over ! If the officer can blow your head off for speeding? Do you think anyone would speed???? Only the idiots we need to be rid of as it is !!!!

What in the hell are you talking about. Sheesh....

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Worm,

when I click on the link it comes right up. I think the whole book is on that web-link. The Nixon era is a little long winded.

PrairieGhost should read it. Defines very well what a liberal "is" and "isn't."

Nice try Fritz, but you dont have to support selling off public land, or grabbing your AR15 and joining Bundy to be conservative. Both liberal and conservative have many layers. I will admit I am only slightly right of centrist conservative. Far left and far right are both crazy.

Both far left and far right are self serving bas:%$==×ards, and don't really support any political ideology.

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who funds the liberals?

OIP.h22FKXRyRwJRILu4Ut3QOAHaD9

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Like I said don’t fuck with me I won’t have to fuck with you ! Common sense, pretty simple!!!!
Not one person on this earth has to do anything but live and die it’s there choice! You don’t have to live by a governments laws just because you live somewhere, you just have to avoid them if you don’t believe in them!

If you want to know I think the police should be the judge and the jury!
Speed limit is 55 mph and your going 56 and you get pulled over ! If the officer can blow your head off for speeding? Do you think anyone would speed???? Only the idiots we need to be rid of as it is !!!!

You do know that you are what the regular folk what call a nut case, don't you? I'm sure you don't know that. It's why you are what you are.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
You didn't slip anything past me Fritz, I know the liberals were against Bundy. Even a blind pig finds an occasional acorn. You simply March in lockstep with the money worshipers. Liberals want what belongs to others. In the public land debate the radical conservatives want the public land that belongs to everyone. In that sense you have much in common with the liberals. At least I am consistent. I don't want the liberals to take what belongs to me, and I don't want the money worshipers to take what belongs to us all. They can all keep their greedy mitts off.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Liberals...money worshippers... George Soro's. That is all you need to know.

Yesterday I was watching NASCAR Daytona. That was quite a finish. The official fuel is Sunoco. Used to be Sun Oil owned by the Pew Family. Everyone has heard of Pew Charitable Trusts. A philanthropy non-profit. They do great environmental deeds. They fund many conservation orgs that set aside land use. They have given over $48 million to Ducks Unlimited alone.

Pew Charitable Trusts is involved with polls, data and many things you read and hear all day long. They can make or break a candidate running for public office. The Trust has $5 billion in assets.

They used to get cheap oil out of Venezuela until Chavez nationalized in 1975. Now they get most of their oil from west Africa. OK, these guys on this side of the world portray themselves to be stewards of the resources. This is them in west Africa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuqLfH1SW98

What a mess!!

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
So whats the connection between Cheshire and this lawyer in Botno?

Can some one enplane this? Maybe I missed it in a different post, Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

My bride and I watched Death and Taxes on YouTube , It's worth watching.

BB , My Mom has been in Golden acres for the last few years and wife and I had no clue that the fine dressed lady that we always saw there was Gordons wife, She passed away last month.

The story SL was referring too was the son of the US Marshall who was killed in the shootout, His brain snapped and killed his wife and took his own life.

Also can anybody explain this? I was just a kid, but Robert Cheshire lived down the street from us and one of my brothers was classmates with his son. I remember being told about it and the amount of cars that were around their house.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Liberals...money worshippers... George Soro's. That is all you need to know.

Yesterday I was watching NASCAR Daytona. That was quite a finish. The official fuel is Sunoco. Used to be Sun Oil owned by the Pew Family. Everyone has heard of Pew Charitable Trusts. A philanthropy non-profit. They do great environmental deeds. They fund many conservation orgs that set aside land use. They have given over $48 million to Ducks Unlimited alone.

Pew Charitable Trusts is involved with polls, data and many things you read and hear all day long. They can make or break a candidate running for public office. The Trust has $5 billion in assets.

They used to get cheap oil out of Venezuela until Chavez nationalized in 1975. Now they get most of their oil from west Africa. OK, these guys on this side of the world portray themselves to be stewards of the resources. This is them in west Africa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuqLfH1SW98

What a mess!!

Feel bad for people who have to make any discussion turn to political liberal/conservative debate/tangents. Have a couple in my extended family, horrible to be around...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ugly dogs, Robert Cheshire was a US Marshall killed in the Medina shootout who's son was 6 at the time . Fast foreword, The son grew up and got married and recently killed his wife and committed suicide. Out of respect for the victims family I'll leave it at that. They are good people who have been through a lot.

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ugly dogs, Robert Cheshire was a US Marshall killed in the Medina shootout who's son was 6 at the time . Fast foreword, The son grew up and got married and recently killed his wife and committed suicide. Out of respect for the victims family I'll leave it at that. They are good people who have been through a lot.

Thank you, and I respect the way you kept the victims family out of it.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only good thing that has ever came out of this is the LEO training on this failed attempt , It's named "How not to make an arrest" or something like that.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Feel bad for people who have to make any discussion turn to political liberal/conservative debate/tangents. Have a couple in my extended family, horrible to be around...

I agree, the use of the term liberal to define the other side is overused liberally.

Liberal and money worshippers are two sides of the same coin.

How does this effect us living in a little piece of heaven? Currently Democrat Governor Jay Inslee of Washington State wants to stop Bakken Crude oil from entering his State siting safety reasons. Bakken oil can be volatile. Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem is on it.

https://apnews.com/dbb689ea5efb40f788ad364e5ed523a3

So where will the refineries in the Pacific Northwest get their oil? From the same companies with enough money to influence Governor Jay Inslee's policies? About two weeks ago I asked the same question to Governor Doug Burgum. He said much of the oil supplied to the Northwest Oil Refineries would come from west Africa. According to the article above that is about 64 million barrels a year.

Royal Dutch Shell and Sunoco Oil are major players in west Africa. They can fund a new liberal and/or conservative start-up controlled opposition non-profit org everyday. Playing both sides against the middle.

Huntin1

Established Member
A few observations from someone who grew up in Medina, and sat in a patrol car that night either on a road block or at the hospital later in the evening.

I grew up playing with Brad Kapp, and Dr. Martins kids, I was very close to Dr. Martin and his family, I spent a lot of time with his son Peter. Darrell Graf was a little older than I but I knew him as well, hard not to in a town like Medina.

Gordon was a nice guy that had some radical ideas about taxes and the feds. He should not have tried to settle his argument with a Mini 14. The information that LE had at the time is that he did not go anywhere without his Mini 14. I don't know how good that info is, but that is what we as LE had at the time. They had responded to several sightings of Gordon previously and came up empty handed each time. At Medina they knew he was in Dr. Martin's clinic attending a meeting.

Cheshire was the only one with a rifle, Kapp and Schnabel had shotguns, the rest had handguns. I believe that the marshals seriously underestimated Gordons determination, they believed that their show of force, and the fact that Gordon had his family with him would get Gordon to surrender without a fight. And we know how that turned out.

Darrell Graf's book is a self-serving literary piece of crap, more fiction than truth. That is all I will say about Darrell and his book.

I have been in LE for 40 years, I hold a Masters degree in Criminology. I knew in varying degrees the people involved in this incident. Strictly from a Monday morning quarterback perspective: I get that the Marshals had a job to do, but I think they could have chosen a better time and place to do it. I get that Gordon didn't want to go back to prison, but he should have chosen a different method than pointing a gun at LE. In short, both sides really screwed up and the result is a lot of ruined lives.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m sure Kahl was like most farmers in that time period and he didn’t owe any income tax. You have to make money to owe tax. Now he should have filed and just proven it, but I’m sure in his mind he had a reason he believed he didn’t have to. With that said, it sure could have been handled better on both sides.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
A few observations from someone who grew up in Medina, and sat in a patrol car that night either on a road block or at the hospital later in the evening.

I grew up playing with Brad Kapp, and Dr. Martins kids, I was very close to Dr. Martin and his family, I spent a lot of time with his son Peter. Darrell Graf was a little older than I but I knew him as well, hard not to in a town like Medina.

Gordon was a nice guy that had some radical ideas about taxes and the feds. He should not have tried to settle his argument with a Mini 14. The information that LE had at the time is that he did not go anywhere without his Mini 14. I don't know how good that info is, but that is what we as LE had at the time. They had responded to several sightings of Gordon previously and came up empty handed each time. At Medina they knew he was in Dr. Martin's clinic attending a meeting.

Cheshire was the only one with a rifle, Kapp and Schnabel had shotguns, the rest had handguns. I believe that the marshals seriously underestimated Gordons determination, they believed that their show of force, and the fact that Gordon had his family with him would get Gordon to surrender without a fight. And we know how that turned out.

Darrell Graf's book is a self-serving literary piece of crap, more fiction than truth. That is all I will say about Darrell and his book.

I have been in LE for 40 years, I hold a Masters degree in Criminology. I knew in varying degrees the people involved in this incident. Strictly from a Monday morning quarterback perspective: I get that the Marshals had a job to do, but I think they could have chosen a better time and place to do it. I get that Gordon didn't want to go back to prison, but he should have chosen a different method than pointing a gun at LE. In short, both sides really screwed up and the result is a lot of ruined lives.

In your 40 yrs being a LEO were you involved or heard of another case where the federal and or local agencies put in so much time, effort, and force into arresting or attempting to arrest someone for a misdemeanor warrant ?

Huntin1

Established Member
In your 40 yrs being a LEO were you involved or heard of another case where the federal and or local agencies put in so much time, effort, and force into arresting or attempting to arrest someone for a misdemeanor warrant ?

Yes it has happened a few times. But it is not as simple as that. Any warrant, misdemeanor or felony is an order by the court. To not serve it can be seen but the judge as contempt of court. And in this case Gordon had said numerous times that he wouldn't be taken without a fight. So the officers are left with a dilemma, do you take him now knowing exactly where he is, or do you let it go and gamble that an inexperienced officer who hasn't heard of Gordon, attempts to stop him for speeding and gets his face shot off. I'm not saying that the Marshals were 100% correct here, there may have been other ways to get this done, but they were doing what they felt was right at the time. And let's not forget, it was Gordon who chose to elevate this from a simple misdemeanor to a violent felony.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
IF Kahl didn't want to go to prison AGAIN. Then why wouldn't he FOLLOW THE LAW by filing his taxes??!!! Pretty simple if you look at it from a logical viewpoint. But these Posse boys are righteous and he picked this fight. He wanted to go down guns blazing.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
From an outside party..I had not heard of this incident and am not from ND. I would say Kahl is wrong. NO ONE can say they know for a fact etc that he did this or thought this. You have to have FACTS. Prove it! Cant just say you know he did this or that. We need to remember that the public will never know everything about a situation. We all think we do but we don't. I have relatives that are in the FBI, friends that are deputies, cheifs of police etc. They tell me that all the time. Public and even some family only know 1/8 of story. Proven FACTS have to be be brought out otherwise everything is just hearsay. Don't care if you are best friends. Prove it or hearsay. Again I have no dog in fight. My opinion of video is that the gov did not send out a mob to take him down. (original incident) If they did why would they send the local LE? However they law did handle it completely wrong. Again..outsiders take on incident.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76