tribal toll booths

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
This will be an interesting battle between jurisdictions. ;:;popcorn

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have no dog in the fight over the exact issue at hand. No doubt that reservations have a multitude of problems, some of their own making, some of what the article states that they are often forgotten in the grand scheme.

With that said, there is NO FREAKING REASON we haven't seen the infrastructure bill that was promised. Rebuilding the effing crumbling roads SHOULD NOT BE PARTISAN DAMN IT. If passed, it would take care of the tribes roads along with all the rest and the tribe wouldn't have to worry about if a toll booth is feasible or legal. So frustrating.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have no dog in the fight over the exact issue at hand. No doubt that reservations have a multitude of problems, some of their own making, some of what the article states that they are often forgotten in the grand scheme.

With that said, there is NO FREAKING REASON we haven't seen the infrastructure bill that was promised. Rebuilding the effing crumbling roads SHOULD NOT BE PARTISAN DAMN IT. If passed, it would take care of the tribes roads along with all the rest and the tribe wouldn't have to worry about if a toll booth is feasible or legal. So frustrating.

The tribe would also make 3.5% on the cost of the whole project for TERO fees. To fund other projects

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did the tribe pay for the roads being built that are in question or was it all state and federal dollars?

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would pay the extra and go around the reservation instead of paying extra to the tribe. Again I have no problem with this but once applied no, NO other of our taxes should go to help the tribes with said roads, they can maintain with this toll. They are not the only areas in the country with bad roads.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did the tribe pay for the roads being built that are in question or was it all state and federal dollars?

Its always state and federal then they take and add a tero tax which is different from tribe to tribe but 3.5% is average . So take a $5,000,000.00 dollar job you pay $175,000.00 to the tribe just to work there

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe give the Tribe their share of Federal and State gas taxes that they pay on gas they buy and let them maintain their own roads.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they put up toll booths we should just gate the roads closed right outside their booth. See how damn fast they say uncle

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Enlighten me. How do they avoid paying gas taxes when they fill up their vehicles at gas stations?

Say they are a member and the cashier pushes the little button to not charge tax on the digital till.

- - - Updated - - -

same with tobaco

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^^. Learn sompinn new every day. Didn't know that that was possible. Guess they cannot pay at the pump then.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they put up toll booths we should just gate the roads closed right outside their booth. See how damn fast they say uncle

No , we should put a toll booth just off the res and let them pay a toll on public roads .

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
No , we should put a toll booth just off the res and let them pay a toll on public roads .
That too lol. But you wouldn’t be able to legally do that to natives and not everybody. But I get what your saying

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Enlighten me. How do they avoid paying gas taxes when they fill up their vehicles at gas stations?

No one around here avoids any tax, and a few years ago we pay sales tax on the fez too.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75