35 Trespassing Violations in 2019

Maverick

That is the second vote that was held in the house. I know my representatives, Becker and Dockter, swapped Yes votes. Dockter voted Yes the first go round and Becker voted Yes the second go round. I don't know if it was a coordinated strategy between the two, but neither will be getting my vote.

I'll try to find and post the results from the first house vote and the vote from the senate.

This picture was taken while watching the vote happening live. The pictures was seconds after the final vote and it failed.

Dobervich (district 11 - Fargo) and Tveit/Schreiber-Beck have seats on the Agriculture Committee.
Dobervich shares a seat on the Health Services committee, Natural Resources Committee, and School of Medicine and Health Science Advisory Council with Erbele
oh and she's a Bismarck native raised in slope county..... I wonder how much back scratching she is doing compared to listening to her constituents? I had many calls with her and so did many of the people in her district only to tell them that she WASN'T going to listen to them. She is a snake!!

Last edited:

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
This picture was taken while watching the vote happening live. The pictures was seconds after the final vote and it failed.

I don't disagree with you. The bill originally passed the senate and was sent to the house where it failed. The bill was amended and voted on again in the senate (passed) and voted on again in the house where it failed again. Your picture shows the final vote in the house.

We can't let the folks in the senate, or those in the house who voted for this bill in either form, get a pass.

Here is a link to how the bill tracked through the legislature:

https://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/66-2019/bill-actions/ba2315.html

KJS - ND

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some of you are starting to paint yourself into a corner I think.

Do you want to vote out the members who voted for SB2315? Most were Republicans and their district conventions are happening now or may have already happened - probably going to be difficult if not impossible to get them replaced on the ballot by now. Which will leave you with the option to vote for a Democrat - which is probably your best bet if you want someone to vote against the posted land bill since the D's saved this bill from passing last time. If you elect enough D's maybe you can have all the land access you want, but they may red flag your guns away - quite the catch 22.

Probably better not do the NDBrexit either as that would almost assuredly result in the liberals in Fargo/GF who saved this bill from passing would being gone.

I could care less if the bill passes or not - I'm sure it will eventually get through and a few pouty pants will probably quite hunting, but the majority will continue, make some changes, adjust and life will go on.

I do find it amusing that for a Republican as many on this site claim to be, they sure will side with the liberals when it suits them.

Enjoy the weekend.

Redneck1

I think we need to just ask what Trump and Ted Nugent would think about all this nonsense. What ever they say we'll all stick by it.
In the end if land is posted "NO HUNTN" than do not even ask to hunt and stay off of the land period. Put your guns away and go fishn.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

Do you want to vote out the members who voted for SB2315? Most were Republicans and their district conventions are happening now or may have already happened - probably going to be difficult if not impossible to get them replaced on the ballot by now. Which will leave you with the option to vote for a Democrat - which is probably your best bet if you want someone to vote against the posted land bill since the D's saved this bill from passing last time. If you elect enough D's maybe you can have all the land access you want, but they may red flag your guns away - quite the catch 22.

Probably better not do the NDBrexit either as that would almost assuredly result in the liberals in Fargo/GF who saved this bill from passing would being gone.

I could care less if the bill passes or not - I'm sure it will eventually get through and a few pouty pants will probably quite hunting, but the majority will continue, make some changes, adjust and life will go on.

I do find it amusing that for a Republican as many on this site claim to be, they sure will side with the liberals when it suits them.

Enjoy the weekend.

How in God’s green earth is access to land for hunting a liberal agenda? SMH...

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Vermont issues with hunter numbers and deer, will this happen in ND??

https://www.sevendaysvt.com/vermont...rd-is-becoming-a-problem/Content?oid=20983028

[FONT=&quot]Between 1969 and 2016, the number of posted acres in Vermont more than doubled, from 106,000 to 262,000 acres, according to state data.
[/FONT]
vermont.PNG

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member

Enjoy the weekend.

Here's a list of cosigners (posted on this forum) to the red flag legislation introduced last session.

If this anti-gun red flag Bill 1537 bothers you here’s the number of the cosigners of this bill.
Contact these legislators that sponsored this HOUSE BILL NO.1537 Red Flag Law
krhanson@nd.gov,jddockter@nd.gov,gke...sanford@nd.gov, blsatrom@nd.gov,aschauer@nd.gov,jlee@nd.gov,
eoban@nd.gov,npoolman@nd.gov,rwardner@nd.gov 1) Karla Rose Hanson (D – District 44)
Cellphone: 701-793-9181
Email: krhanson@nd.gov
2) Jason Dockter (R – District 7)
Home Telephone: 701-214-0486
Office Telephone: 701-258-9848
Cellphone: 701-214-0486
Email: jddockter@nd.gov
3) George Keiser (R – District 47)
Home Telephone: 701-258-0333
Office Telephone: 701-255-3900
Cellphone: 701-202-3900
Email: gkeiser@nd.gov
4) Mark Sanford (R – District 17)
Home Telephone: 701-772-4236
Email: masanford@nd.gov
5) Bernie Satrom (R – District 12)
Office Telephone: 701-252-4058
Cellphone: 701-320-7239
Email: blsatrom@nd.gov
6) Austen Schauer (R – District 13)
Cellphone: 701-730-4474
Email: aschauer@nd.gov
7) Judy Lee (R – District 13)
Home Telephone: 701-282-6512
Email: jlee@nd.gov
Erin Oban (D – District 35)
Cellphone: 701-955-3188
Email: eoban@nd.gov
9) Nicole Poolman (R – District 7)
Home Telephone: 701-250-6730
Email: npoolman@nd.gov
10) Rich Wardner (R – District 37)
Home Telephone: 701-483-6918
Office Telephone: 701-483-6918
Cellphone: 701-590-1178
Email: rwardner@nd.gov

Take a look at those who brought the legislation forward. Tell me why we should continue to vote the status quo.

https://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/66-2019/bill-actions/ba1537.html

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha , Yea don't tell it like it is for cripes sake, Tell it the way KDM wants you to tell it . SMH

This is what got under my skin last time we had this conversation. whether some of you want to admit it or not, Some areas have a big problem while others don't. These are most likely areas where you don't live or hunt KDM so how would you know if all land owners in the state are having a problem or not ?

I enjoyed managing land for wildlife production but I'm happy that I put the the tillable acres back into grain production , Less deer to contend with and it put an end to most of the human "Sneaking" problems . A good conservation plan attracts more that wildlife , That is a fact.

I'll remember this the next time you spout off about how unfair it is that your grand kids can't all get buck tags.

Redneck1

COLT 45 - Vermont issues with hunter numbers and deer, will this happen in ND??

Thank you for posting this article.
https://www.sevendaysvt.com/vermont/...t?oid=20983028
This is exactly why if we all cease fire in ND for 3-5 yrs, the number of landowner complaints about the lack of deer hunters in the field would increase and the amount of NO HUNTN posted land should decrease. Or we can continue to leave the landowners alone to "mange the herd" on their own.

Last edited:

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
COLT 45 - Vermont issues with hunter numbers and deer, will this happen in ND??

Thank you for posting this article.
https://www.sevendaysvt.com/vermont/...t?oid=20983028
This is exactly why if we all cease fire in ND for 3-5 yrs, the number of landowner complaints about the lack of deer hunters in the field would increase and the amount of NO HUNTN posted land should decrease. Or we can continue to leave the landowners alone to "mange the herd" on their own.

Landowners don't need hunters for controlling problem wildlife.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll remember this the next time you spout off about how unfair it is that your grand kids can't all get buck tags.

I'm not here to take the bait or be part of any dog pile on top or bottom but my oldest grand child is 8 so it's safe to say you don't have much of a clue about what your spouting off about.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we need to just ask what Trump and Ted Nugent would think about all this nonsense. What ever they say we'll all stick by it.
In the end if land is posted "NO HUNTN" than do not even ask to hunt and stay off of the land period. Put your guns away and go fishn.

Why wouldnt you ask to hunt? Just because it is posted does not mean the owner wont let you hunt if you ask. You need to lay off the drugs your not hunting deal just shows you dont really give a shit about it. Its way more than just driving out and shooting a deer. Plus this is not just about deer hunting as there are alot of other things to hunt. The Nr would just buy all the license you dont get and kill the deer any way.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not here to take the bait or be part of any dog pile on top or bottom but my oldest grand child is 8 so it's safe to say you don't have much of a clue about what your spouting off about.

Forgive me, It was your adult children that you complained about not being able to get buck tags.

Redneck1

"Landowners don't need hunters for controlling problem wildlife".

Thats true the environment will take care of the animals more than hunting does anyway.

I've been a bow and gun deer hunter for 30 yrs. I love hunting mostly on "Non posted" and public land and do not want anything to do with posted land at all if possible. There is simply too much of it anymore. I'm willing to put to rest my recreational hunting in place of collecting "scilocybin" mushrooms, If only I could get access to the good producing manure fields that are off limits.
Looks like we should try make a deer trip to Vermont, but then again why? The land is all posted "NO HUNTN" out there too from the article I just read.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
"Landowners don't need hunters for controlling problem wildlife".

Thats true the environment will take care of the animals more than hunting does anyway.

I've been a bow and gun deer hunter for 30 yrs. I love hunting mostly on "Non posted" and public land and do not want anything to do with posted land at all if possible. There is simply too much of it anymore. I'm willing to put to rest my recreational hunting in place of collecting "scilocybin" mushrooms, If only I could get access to the good producing manure fields that are off limits.
Looks like we should try make a deer trip to Vermont, but then again why? The land is all posted "NO HUNTN" out there too from the article I just read.

the public thanks you for putting your weapons away

Brittman

Many of the trespassing issues in ND occur quickly along the fringes of the posted land. These opportunistic people sneak on and off the land quickly. Road hunting roosters, jumping a slough near a road, killing a deer in a field and running the truck out there to get the animal quickly. These activities will continue to occur no matter what the trespass rules are.

Whitetail56

I think instead of all the land being posted we need to try to introduce a law that makes all land open to hunting!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70