35 Trespassing Violations in 2019

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys are missing the big picture here......... Its almost giant walleye snagging season on the heart river#$%^&>#$%^&>#$%^&>#$%^&>

Redneck1

I would still like to call for cesse fire to all deer huntn for a few yesrs to see what develops. In theory we should see a increase in landowner complaints about the lack of hunters in the field "managing the herd"

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
what I just can’t wrap myself around in this whole thing is why on earth landowners want to drive a wedge between them and everyone else in the state over a problem that essentially doesn’t even exist. There is obviously a hidden agenda. A couple have pointed out some possibilities. I just cannot fathom why the hell they would want to do that. They piss and moan when extremists want to bring laws that hit them right in the heart of their trade. Yet want to kick the very people right in the nuts that support and defend them against these extremists. And we subsidize the shit out of their way of life. They used to appreciate it but now we’re a necessary evil that they want to treat like red headed step children.

Not to mention all the people who live and WORK in small towns all across the state. It used to be the land owners appreciated the guys who fixed their cars, taught their kids, delivered their mail. I know my dad had a lot of great relationships with landowners since he was a parts salesman. We'd get calls at our home over weekends and holidays all the time, and he'd run down to the store and get them parts. It seems things started to change when the big money boys started coming out here and paying them to hunt. The average Joe has been priced out. Respect for each other is lacking on both sides.

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
The best thing from the G&F violation numbers is that total violations among hunters and anglers dropped from 2,500+ in 2017 to around 2,300 last year, a decrease of 8% for a population of roughly 150,000 over a span of just two years, which shows that many recognize the responsibility of doing the little things right - life jackets, respecting limits, following game rules, respecting signs, carrying your license - when out there.

Here's the thing. The interim study and pilot, the next version of SB 2315 and the Lock Out Liars are all pushed and puppeted by special interests bent on removing public access for privatization so they can make more money, plain and simple. Follow the money.

Every year we see cases like we've seen recently of operators neglecting animals that are allowed to die, and landowners killing eagles or other animals, and we don't pass any new laws to crack down on that, or hear near the same outrage as we did with 2315.

https://www.kxnet.com/news/local-news/massive-livestock-abuse-case-in-flasher-sparks-frustration/

https://www.grandforksherald.com/ne...o-misuse-of-pesticide-after-6-bald-eagles-die

Why - even though both are arguably more heinous than trespass or posting violations? Because those people are connected to the interests that have the money in this posting fight...and...because both, per the land-owning population, are about as rare as trespass and posted violations are among hunters. But it does happen - like all crimes - "more often than you think," but is not caught or not turned in.

How many times has a jerk run a stop sign or a red light in front of you? That's happened to everyone. But these legislators don't make laws to put a stop sign up ahead of a stop sign or a traffic light. Why are they doing that for trespass? It's the money in the mix.

You need to vote this fall. You need to do your research on your legislators. You need to vote the ones out that didn't vote for sportsmen, plain and simple. Hit their email, their FB page, and spread the word to your hunting buddies and let them know who should go. And again, if you're voting the alphabet, or just checking every "R" or "D" downballot because that's "who you are" - that won't fix this problem.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Make it known that if you are caught tresspassing you lose your hunting and fishing rights for 5 years. That will make those morons think twice. Make the penalties way harsher and it will definately slow it down.

That may work during hunting seasons, except the pro trespass law crowd is quick to point out "this isn't about hunting." At least, that's their claim (despite the fact the impact of proposed statewide auto-posted laws will effect hunters far more than any other group). So if you truly want to put teeth in current law, it would need to be a more broad-brush approach to penalties/fees/prosecution, etc.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would still like to call for cesse fire to all deer huntn for a few yesrs to see what develops. In theory we should see a increase in landowner complaints about the lack of hunters in the field "managing the herd"

doubling down on the dumb fuckery.....I should know better as this has to be a troll as i would have to believe being that dumb there is no way you remember to breath.#$%^&> got me real good

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Speaking of stupidity, you guys don’t really believe that there was only 100 people who hunted or trespassed without permission. That’s only the ones who got caught or had enough evidence to make it stick. From what I see in my little corner, you could take that number times 10 and you might get close to the real number of actual trespass violations that happen. And just to be clear, I think this new trespass law they want to pass is stupid and unnecessary.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The best thing from the G&F violation numbers is that total violations among hunters and anglers dropped from 2,500+ in 2017 to around 2,300 last year, a decrease of 8% for a population of roughly 150,000 over a span of just two years, which shows that many recognize the responsibility of doing the little things right - life jackets, respecting limits, following game rules, respecting signs, carrying your license - when out there.

Here's the thing. The interim study and pilot, the next version of SB 2315 and the Lock Out Liars are all pushed and puppeted by special interests bent on removing public access for privatization so they can make more money, plain and simple. Follow the money.

Every year we see cases like we've seen recently of operators neglecting animals that are allowed to die, and landowners killing eagles or other animals, and we don't pass any new laws to crack down on that, or hear near the same outrage as we did with 2315.

https://www.kxnet.com/news/local-news/massive-livestock-abuse-case-in-flasher-sparks-frustration/

https://www.grandforksherald.com/ne...o-misuse-of-pesticide-after-6-bald-eagles-die

Why - even though both are arguably more heinous than trespass or posting violations? Because those people are connected to the interests that have the money in this posting fight...and...because both, per the land-owning population, are about as rare as trespass and posted violations are among hunters. But it does happen - like all crimes - "more often than you think," but is not caught or not turned in.

How many times has a jerk run a stop sign or a red light in front of you? That's happened to everyone. But these legislators don't make laws to put a stop sign up ahead of a stop sign or a traffic light. Why are they doing that for trespass? It's the money in the mix.

You need to vote this fall. You need to do your research on your legislators. You need to vote the ones out that didn't vote for sportsmen, plain and simple. Hit their email, their FB page, and spread the word to your hunting buddies and let them know who should go. And again, if you're voting the alphabet, or just checking every "R" or "D" downballot because that's "who you are" - that won't fix this problem.

Following the money. It's cash money. No way to trace it. Day leasing, season leasing, trophy fees, access fees, etc. Public access is viewed as business competition. Kill public hunting and replace it with pay to play.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not to mention all the people who live and WORK in small towns all across the state. It used to be the land owners appreciated the guys who fixed their cars, taught their kids, delivered their mail. I know my dad had a lot of great relationships with landowners since he was a parts salesman. We'd get calls at our home over weekends and holidays all the time, and he'd run down to the store and get them parts. It seems things started to change when the big money boys started coming out here and paying them to hunt. The average Joe has been priced out. Respect for each other is lacking on both sides.
i think farms getting bigger and bigger and using far less labor (help) have been a major impact in the demise of small town America. People are having fewer kids too. So now you have less people living in small towns and less people in schools. All leading to businesses closing. I wish there was figures on how many farm employees their were per acre in 1970 vs today. I bet it would be down 70%.

Maverick

total vote.jpg
Here's how they all voted last session!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
To all you outdoor/hunting types that keep posting you are AGAINST the trespass bill, but keep posting opinions that it's worse than the actual numbers. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING FOR F SAKES!!!! You are helping get this crap pushed through. Well, maybe that's what you actually want anyway. I'm tired of fighting stupidity. In fact, I don't even have a dog in this fight. So, GOOD LUCK to all you non-landowners and those who can only hunt public land. I hope you guys can pull it together, get these anti hunting politicians out, and keep this crap from getting passed. If not, oh well. It's a bed I won't have to sleep in.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Speaking of stupidity, you guys don’t really believe that there was only 100 people who hunted or trespassed without permission. That’s only the ones who got caught or had enough evidence to make it stick. From what I see in my little corner, you could take that number times 10 and you might get close to the real number of actual trespass violations that happen. And just to be clear, I think this new trespass law they want to pass is stupid and unnecessary.
Exactly, only 100 people got cited because they were caught or turned in. Making everything posted won’t keep people from trespassing. You still need to catch them and turn them in. There is a falsehood going around that there sometimes isn’t enough evidence to get trespassers cited. You are going to need evidence no matter if everything is posted or not. People are not getting away with trespassing when they are turned in.

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
C3F96627-431B-4948-8357-06A4E950F407.jpg
Here's how they all voted last session!

That is the second vote that was held in the house. I know my representatives, Becker and Dockter, swapped Yes votes. Dockter voted Yes the first go round and Becker voted Yes the second go round. I don't know if it was a coordinated strategy between the two, but neither will be getting my vote.

I'll try to find and post the results from the first house vote and the vote from the senate.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
To all you outdoor/hunting types that keep posting you are AGAINST the trespass bill, but keep posting opinions that it's worse than the actual numbers. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING FOR F SAKES!!!! You are helping get this crap pushed through. Well, maybe that's what you actually want anyway. I'm tired of fighting stupidity. In fact, I don't even have a dog in this fight. So, GOOD LUCK to all you non-landowners and those who can only hunt public land. I hope you guys can pull it together, get these anti hunting politicians out, and keep this crap from getting passed. If not, oh well. It's a bed I won't have to sleep in.

C’mon K. That’s not fair. Having an honest conversation isn’t adding to the problem.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
C’mon K. That’s not fair. Having an honest conversation isn’t adding to the problem.

good Lord.

yes it is - when you have a sociopath trolling NDA and taking quotes out of context and waving them around as though they’re gospel from “ND’s biggest outdoors web site”

- - - Updated - - -

[10 facepalms]

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Fine. Jump my case. But realize what you basically just said, “let’s not have an honest conversation”. I’m not in the head in the sand camp.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Alright then. I missed the sarcasm. I know I ride the fence on this issue a lot. Il

I don’t like how this issue has divided the state, rural vs urban. This is ND for ducks sake. We are all rural comparatively. We all need to take a deep breath and get along better.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

Haha , Yea don't tell it like it is for cripes sake, Tell it the way KDM wants you to tell it . SMH

This is what got under my skin last time we had this conversation. whether some of you want to admit it or not, Some areas have a big problem while others don't. These are most likely areas where you don't live or hunt KDM so how would you know if all land owners in the state are having a problem or not ?

I enjoyed managing land for wildlife production but I'm happy that I put the the tillable acres back into grain production , Less deer to contend with and it put an end to most of the human "Sneaking" problems . A good conservation plan attracts more that wildlife , That is a fact.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76