User Tag List

  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • WTF!?
  • zzz
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 87
    1. Back To Top    #1
      Ultimate VIP Member
      In Progress
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      KDM's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Valley City
      Posts
      4,167
      NDA Points
      378,244
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      58
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 12,051
      Given: 3,588

      35 Trespassing Violations in 2019

      WOW!! A whole 35 cases of criminal trespass according to the NDGF released information for 2019 across the entire state. Where is this Tsunami of Trespassing we are allegedly having in ND??? Come on you members of the SB 2315 panic party, where are these armies of inconsiderate hunters?? Tell me again "Lock Out" lovers, about these epic waves of inconsideration so apocalyptic that all landowners must be protected from it's devastation. A couple hundred thousand hunters and sportsmen went afield for an entire year, and 35 went where they weren't supposed to go, got caught, and were prosecuted. Tell me again why all private land NEEDS to be posted???

      29 Not allowed!

    2. Back To Top    #2
      VIP Member
      No more adulting for me
      today...
       
      Mood:
      Meh
       
      BP338's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      North Dakota
      Posts
      800
      NDA Points
      150,170
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      2
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1,904
      Given: 1,709
      HAHA! I love hard data...it doesn't lie...

      2 Not allowed!
      "In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing."
      Teddy Roosevelt

    3. Back To Top    #3
      Premium Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Posts
      418
      NDA Points
      3,809
      NDA Level
      26
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 331
      Given: 0
      How many weren’t turned in but received a$$ chewings and or didn’t get caught ? Bet the number of non turn ins was way higher than 35

      - - - Updated - - -

      Having said that I think the law is fine and should not be changed

      9 Not allowed!

    4. Back To Top    #4
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Duckslayer100's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      ND's Flatter Half
      Posts
      2,034
      NDA Points
      62,282
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      4
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,930
      Given: 4,541
      Classifieds
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by 8andcounting View Post
      How many weren’t turned in but received a$$ chewings and or didn’t get caught ? Bet the number of non turn ins was way higher than 35

      - - - Updated - - -

      Having said that I think the law is fine and should not be changed
      By that account, the argument for changing the laws is even weaker.

      "So you don't even go through the proper channels now to prosecute trespassers? Than how do you know the laws need to change if you're not utilizing them currently?"

      17 Not allowed!
      Remember to always practice CPR: Catch, Pickle and Refrigerate!

    5. Back To Top    #5
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      luvcatchingbass's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Location
      SE ND.
      Posts
      1,591
      NDA Points
      315,540
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      4
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,235
      Given: 6,266
      ^^^^Yepper^^^^

      0 Not allowed!

    6. Back To Top    #6
      Premium Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Posts
      418
      NDA Points
      3,809
      NDA Level
      26
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 331
      Given: 0
      Agreed which I why I said don’t change the law

      2 Not allowed!

    7. Back To Top    #7
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      WormWiggler's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Dickinson ND
      Posts
      2,942
      NDA Points
      617,456
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      5
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 4,717
      Given: 9,049
      it would be an interesting number, X% prosecuted of what amount? of reported to LE, of witnessed? of actual incidents that only god knows about. Google doesn't have this power yet.

      0 Not allowed!
      I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.... and I'm all out of bubble gum. RIP Rowdy

    8. Back To Top    #8
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Brian Renville's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Fairview, MT
      Posts
      2,020
      NDA Points
      322,022
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      2
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,430
      Given: 2,342
      “There not gunna do anything to them anyway!” It’s always the excuse. Funny thing is that’s the exact excuse people give for not calling in crackheads but bitching about the drug problem later. Kinda hard to hold enforcement accountable when there aren’t any real calls on record.

      1 Not allowed!
      Double Barrel Saloon

    9. Back To Top    #9
      Premium Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      buckhunter24_7's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Posts
      461
      NDA Points
      60,882
      NDA Level
      100
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 619
      Given: 1,952
      Who has a list of every state legislator that supported this last time? Election season is getting near we must vote these people out

      - - - Updated - - -

      When are the primary's? Get them out that way first

      6 Not allowed!
      Every year has two seasons hunting season and fishing season

    10. Back To Top    #10
      Premium Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Apr 2016
      Posts
      609
      NDA Points
      28,956
      NDA Level
      74
      Report Entries
      2
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1,020
      Given: 641
      Classifieds
      1
      Less than one per county. That’s interesting.

      I’ll give some benefit of the doubt and say often times the trespasser isn’t caught by law enforcement or landowner. Most landowners can’t keep an on all their land all the time. They just see evidence of the trespass later, gut piles, garbage, etc. But changing the presumption of access wouldn’t fix that anyway.

      2 Not allowed!
      I don't have to out run the bear. I just have to out run you.

      The 6.5 Creedmoor won’t make you a better hunter.

    11. Back To Top    #11
      Premium Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      buckhunter24_7's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Posts
      461
      NDA Points
      60,882
      NDA Level
      100
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 619
      Given: 1,952
      June 9 is the primary date

      0 Not allowed!
      Every year has two seasons hunting season and fishing season

    12. Back To Top    #12
      Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      8
      NDA Points
      3,646
      NDA Level
      25
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 4
      Given: 29
      100% agree. Don’t be misled into thinking this is a minor issue because only 35 citations were written. Some landowners probably had that many violations on their property alone during the season. Some signs had to be put up 2 and 3 times during the year because of being ripped down. Not a fan of a no trespass law, but trespassing happens A LOT because most of the time people are never caught and they get by with it. You cant be everywhere at once and just don’t always see it at the time it’s happening.

      2 Not allowed!

    13. Back To Top    #13
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Rowdie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      2,635
      NDA Points
      142,539
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      33
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,526
      Given: 2,412
      Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
      100% agree. Don’t be misled into thinking this is a minor issue because only 35 citations were written. Some landowners probably had that many violations on their property alone during the season. Some signs had to be put up 2 and 3 times during the year because of being ripped down. Not a fan of a no trespass law, but trespassing happens A LOT because most of the time people are never caught and they get by with it. You cant be everywhere at once and just don’t always see it at the time it’s happening.
      So how is a No-Tresspass law going to stop it!!??

      4 Not allowed!

    14. Back To Top    #14
      Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      8
      NDA Points
      3,646
      NDA Level
      25
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 4
      Given: 29
      Quote Originally Posted by Rowdie View Post
      So how is a No-Tresspass law going to stop it!!??
      Didn’t say it would. Point was....only 35 citations written doesn’t mean there isn’t a trespassing issue in ND. There absolutely is!

      1 Not allowed!

    15. Back To Top    #15
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      WormWiggler's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Dickinson ND
      Posts
      2,942
      NDA Points
      617,456
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      5
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 4,717
      Given: 9,049
      Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
      100% agree. Don’t be misled into thinking this is a minor issue because only 35 citations were written. Some landowners probably had that many violations on their property alone during the season. Some signs had to be put up 2 and 3 times during the year because of being ripped down. Not a fan of a no trespass law, but trespassing happens A LOT because most of the time people are never caught and they get by with it. You cant be everywhere at once and just don’t always see it at the time it’s happening.
      and sometimes trespassing can be a non violation. I had an incident with a young farmer all because I stopped to look at a posted sign. He didn't press charges and I didn't press charges under the "harassment of hunter" grounds. Not sure where all this is going to head, but the good old days are a faint blip in the mirror, no longer are respectful people in every vehicle on either side of the situation. Pat yourselves on the back all you want, but the changing nature of human interaction is hard to reverse.

      0 Not allowed!
      I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.... and I'm all out of bubble gum. RIP Rowdy

    16. Back To Top    #16
      Ultimate VIP Member
      In Progress
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      KDM's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Valley City
      Posts
      4,167
      NDA Points
      378,244
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      58
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 12,051
      Given: 3,588
      Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
      Didn’t say it would. Point was....only 35 citations written doesn’t mean there isn’t a trespassing issue in ND. There absolutely is!
      Trespassing in ND is just SO MINUSCULE, that to even say it's an issue is questionable, but to say it's an issue needing legislative attention is laughable. 35 citations is a FACT. No probably be, may be, might be, could be, possibly be, or anything else. It's 35. My point is that trespassing isn't an issue worthy of an additional statute or code making all of ND posted. I have evidence, facts, and data to prove my point. What do you have to prove your point other than your opinion, guesswork, and speculation??

      2 Not allowed!

    17. Back To Top    #17
      Premium Member
      Calling Coyotes
       
      Mood:
      WTF!?
       

      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Location
      Dickinson, ND
      Posts
      214
      NDA Points
      22,724
      NDA Level
      65
      Report Entries
      4
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 354
      Given: 2,110
      Make it known that if you are caught tresspassing you lose your hunting and fishing rights for 5 years. That will make those morons think twice. Make the penalties way harsher and it will definately slow it down.

      4 Not allowed!

    18. Back To Top    #18
      Bronze Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      North Dakota
      Posts
      48
      NDA Points
      6,486
      NDA Level
      34
      Report Entries
      3
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 63
      Given: 8
      What is always annoying about these laws is they simply make criminals out of the honest people and the low lifes don't care anyway. I think back to when i was a kid learning to fish and canoe in the local areas and realize how many times i "broke the law" under this ruling. When your a kid you don't have the know how, information, or will power to go calling people every time you want to do something outdoorsy.
      I did some stream fishing in Alaska and found out how bad it is fishing in a over regulated place. Their rule book was the size of a small novel and it was only for the Keni district. We got our butts royally chewed while fishing in legal area because the local landowner didn't want us near his property. We left just to keep the peace.
      I also lived in Ohio for a while and found out how tough it is to to do anything when you have no local contacts. Their was a beautiful water fall with some great fishing about a mile from my house but no access. I only fished it once because my landlord knew some old lady well enough that she let us walk a few hundred feet across here property. Most of the locals I talked to knew of it but nobody had been there in years since the access point was posted.
      One of my favorite places to fish on a local stream got posted last year. I don't fish there much anymore, but I have several nephews that I am trying to bring up to be outdoors men. It was an easy place to catch catfish, drum, suckers, goldeye, and even an occasional walleye. I saw a lot of kids there over the years. I have no idea who owns the land or even how to find out. I actually thought the land was owned by the town until the signs went up. I can only imagine how tough it would be if that was the case for every place i fished as kid that wasn't directly on a road.
      There is local area that is great for hiking. I have taken quite a few young people back there to experience some "non flat North Dakota", and it was pretty great seeing kids that normally would never do something like that having that much fun hiking old cattle trails over the bluffs and stream. Some friends wanted to do the same thing but decided to find the owner of the pasture area just to be sure it was okay. Nice of them right? Well yes, but the owner said he would rather they didn't for liability reasons. I guess he didn't want sued if some dummy fell down a bluff with his permission. I wonder how many landowners would feel the same way?
      I grew up teaching myself how to enjoy the outdoors with some friends close to my age. I didn't have a dad who would teach me the ways of the outdoors, and I bet most of my fishing, canoeing, hiking, frog catching, shed hunting, and such involved somebodies unposted land. I can promise you we would have done a lot less if we had to try and find the owners and call them every time. I really hate to see legislation passed that makes it harder for young people to enjoy the outdoors in this day of modern entertainment when they have so many easy alternatives to become the conservationist of tomorrow.

      5 Not allowed!
      Last edited by gatorbaiter; 02-20-2020 at 02:00 PM.

    19. Back To Top    #19
      Silver Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      N.D.
      Posts
      97
      NDA Points
      4,947
      NDA Level
      29
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 22
      Given: 0
      I know this is a trespassing post but what would happen if we all quit deer hunting for a few years? Would the herds increase on posted land resulting in more "unposted" land eventually open for access?
      Do you ever see the deer numbers increase on heavily posted land from year to year?
      The landowner property in ND is capable of sustaining alot more deer numbers on their properties than currently are. We shouldn't bother landowners, and let them tend to the deer management as they choose if numbers actually increase.
      Hunting isn't required to manage the herd, the numbers of deer will flucuate based on environment conditions. Hunting is a very small part of game management. I'm willing to call for an experimental cease fire to all deer hunting for a few years to see what develops. Would CWD increase and spread?

      1 Not allowed!

    20. Back To Top    #20
      Ultimate VIP Member
      In Progress
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      KDM's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Valley City
      Posts
      4,167
      NDA Points
      378,244
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      58
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 12,051
      Given: 3,588
      Quote Originally Posted by Redneck1 View Post
      I know this is a trespassing post but what would happen if we all quit deer hunting for a few years? Would the herds increase on posted land resulting in more "unposted" land eventually open for access?
      Do you ever see the deer numbers increase on heavily posted land from year to year?
      The landowner property in ND is capable of sustaining alot more deer numbers on their properties than currently are. We shouldn't bother landowners, and let them tend to the deer management as they choose if numbers actually increase.
      Hunting isn't required to manage the herd, the numbers of deer will flucuate based on environment conditions. Hunting is a very small part of game management. I'm willing to call for an experimental cease fire to all deer hunting for a few years to see what develops. Would CWD increase and spread?

      OOOOO Boy, this is a good one for another thread. LOTS to kick around here, but it would be a GIANT game of "What if".

      1 Not allowed!

    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  


    About Nodak Angler

      NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

    Business & Contact

    Follow us on

    Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube