Spring snows

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
id listen to hardcore snow guys the ones that have been there done that long before i would listen to a refuge report. the guys on the gravel with the eyes to the skies are the only ones that keep pace with the front edge birds, and are the only ones that know where the tail end is. everyone else follows the big bunch in the middle and thinks its over before it starts.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
10603.jpgdon't forget your shotgun when golfing....
I’ll get my golf clubs out.

banged a few waiting for the monkey women to show(caddy shack) only time I've spent in a T box,its amazing how much damage goose turds do to these golf greens

P.S. ole Mean Dean takes alot of heat but over the years he speaks truth as he's hands on he talks the talk and at times will post up pics when he comes across a sizeable wad,good info from dean

Last edited:

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Canadas by the thousands up to washburn. 1 snow mixed in. plenty of lessers.
the march is on.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed mean dean ,this weather has lit the migration up bigtime,contact in lincoln neb said massive numbers moving thru rain water basin in south east part of the state claims they're killing 3 to 1 ross over snows,few juvies this as of today

bowcarp

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots of birds between Wessington and Miller SD , pics are two flocks in this area , not counting the other flocks I saw
including a large flock west of Miller when I pulled into town , wish I had the day off , side note pics were taken off highway 14

Attachments

02CDAAEB-66F5-4C8D-B901-71E6A54796BF.jpg AFF557AF-FDF1-48AB-8F21-6D90CCC9E53C.jpg
Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
well boys reports are that they are south of I94 . With this south wind it and heat it will push them north fast

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep started seeing reports of birds pushing in yesterday. Some coming up the west and a few over in the main flyway. Kurt seeing much down that way?

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well, I'm gonna give it hell Sunday through Tuesday before I get quarantined and can only watch them fly over from my house.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep started seeing reports of birds pushing in yesterday. Some coming up the west and a few over in the main flyway. Kurt seeing much down that way?

Not yet but my father in law is ups guy in that 83&12 area to nd border so will get a report tonight

snowkiller

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tons of dark geese and a few snows mixed in,washburn area.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I saw about 200 snows total yesterday north of SD state line and I covered a big stretch of ground. Farther east you go the more cold white snow you find. Temps will cool now and we have the potential of up to 12 inches or more of heavy wet snow this weekend and next week so this will slow down the northward push quite a bit.

Two to three more weeks before I even think about it again from my observations.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
thanks for the report.
i was out all wknd from bismarck to Mcclusky. helping the inlaws move stuff from a house up there. anyhow. never saw a snow goose and actually a lot less darks than I anticipated the further from the river I got. snow is basically gone except tree rows, sections lines etc. hardly any sheet water and with the snow melted to the west there gonna need the sloughs to open at this point unless we get more snow. I haven't went south so cannot comment on the progress of the migration south of 94 but in central ND and the lack of darks around its still awhile.
be curious what these 3 nice days do before the cool down again.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw about 200 snows total yesterday north of SD state line and I covered a big stretch of ground. Farther east you go the more cold white snow you find. Temps will cool now and we have the potential of up to 12 inches or more of heavy wet snow this weekend and next week so this will slow down the northward push quite a bit.

Two to three more weeks before I even think about it again from my observations.

I agree with every thing you said except that 12 inches of snow. Can we just have rain? I might just curl up in the fetal position if we have another big snow and not come out till june haha

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
thanks for the report.
i was out all wknd from bismarck to Mcclusky. helping the inlaws move stuff from a house up there. anyhow. never saw a snow goose and actually a lot less darks than I anticipated the further from the river I got. snow is basically gone except tree rows, sections lines etc. hardly any sheet water and with the snow melted to the west there gonna need the sloughs to open at this point unless we get more snow. I haven't went south so cannot comment on the progress of the migration south of 94 but in central ND and the lack of darks around its still awhile.
be curious what these 3 nice days do before the cool down again.
Can't speak for up on 200 but out east of town there is/was plenty of sheet water for them. Be interesting to see what these next few warm days do before they likely get knocked back to damn near Nebraska.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67