Kirsten Baesler

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wasn't the Sheriff from Mercer County recently arrested for DUI? Do you think he should lose his job?

- - - Updated - - -

We're number 1. We're number 1.

https://insurify.com/insights/driving-drunk-states-with-the-most-duis/

Uhh, yes. That sheriff should lose his job. If he were caught stealing, he should not be in charge of upholding the law. If you are in law enforcement, and break the law, out you go.

I'm not saying that that is what happens all the time, but yes, it should.

If you are a banker, and get caught embezzling, should you continue to be employed at the bank? Umm, no.

Or, more recently, if you are a manager of a restaurant in Bismarck, and get caught embezzling, should you still be the mgr? Nope.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bet that a lot of "good ol' days" stories would be changed if there were accidents involved. Then there would be regret and remorse. Just like with the people I've seen deal with the bad end of alcohol related incidents. Too many super sad stories of lives lost to the effects of alcohol. Would this lady's apology be different if she took someone else's life because she decided to drive drunk?

Go ahead and drink your life away. That's your choice, but don't threaten other lives by choosing to drive. There might be responsible drinking, but no such thing as responsible drinking and driving...

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
BP338, not to be busting your chops too much here, but you do really come across as a little holier than thou when it comes to drinking and driving.

Are your standards the same for other rules of the road? You know, things like speeding (they too are quite specific), coming to a full stop at stop signs, using your turn signal, keeping your vehicle safety equipment (lights, etc) in full operation, driving too fast for conditions?

Like I said, not to bust your chops, but we've also had an awful lot of people killed over the years from these other violations of the rules of the road.

Please don't take this as me looking for an excuse to drink and drive, as I also don't condone drunk driving, nor driving under the influence of drugs, or for that matter...sleep deprived driving. And don't even get me started on distracted driving!

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bust away Allen! The subject being discussed is drinking and driving, not stupid and driving. I don't mean to sound condescending. If I do, I apologize. Not my intent.

I do feel like stupid drivers should be punished for breaking driving laws because it does cost innocent lives. You have a good point though, because I can't say that I follow all the driving laws like I drink...I don't! I'll speed a little, or run a stop sign every once in a while. I've also driven when I'm really tired too and probably should've pulled over. This puts lives at risk. Maybe not as much as drinking and driving, but still.

Distracted driving is a serious issue that is being confronted by the law, just like any other driving law. The only difference is that a lot more people drive distracted than drunk. The real question is, how can distracted driving be curbed? It's a tough subject for sure.

Thanks for calling me out. Made me think a little. :;:thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

That all being said, I do feel like there's a big difference between a little speeding on the freeway or rolling through a stop sign and drinking and driving. Risks are being taken in both instances, but they seem a lot less with some of the traffic violations versus drinking and driving.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Young yes but dumb na. My buddy just would not listen to me as to where we were going to drink and at 18 going after the finer things in life with the young lady was not a dumb move on my part. Just in the wrong place at the wrong time. db

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
pug.jpg

Am I missing something. No charges in 2020

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every single person, family, town, and city just needs a little Bill Hollister in their lives. "And that's all I gotta say about that"

Last edited:

rodcontrol

Founding Member
Founding Member
BP338

I do find it amusing that your profile pic is of the Strange Brew duo. Ya know considering you have never drank a brew.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Uhh, yes. That sheriff should lose his job. If he were caught stealing, he should not be in charge of upholding the law. If you are in law enforcement, and break the law, out you go.

I'm not saying that that is what happens all the time, but yes, it should.

If you are a banker, and get caught embezzling, should you continue to be employed at the bank? Umm, no.

Or, more recently, if you are a manager of a restaurant in Bismarck, and get caught embezzling, should you still be the mgr? Nope.

Doesn't she have to drive for her job. She travels the state? I know she comes to little minni. Suspended license do they get work permits? Imo they should not

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
BP338

I do find it amusing that your profile pic is of the Strange Brew duo. Ya know considering you have never drank a brew.

That's the point. It's amusing. Even non-alcohol drinkers can find the movie funny. :;:thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

Would it be better for some of you if I drank and drove occasionally, and then advocated against drunk driving? Or even have drunk at all? It's funny that I'm one of the few who hasn't ever drank, yet I get judged and criticized for it. My back yard is clean in this (the only) aspect of my life. Got to be proud of something I've done...:;:rockit

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
BP338,

It’s social media. You gave your opinion. You should expect that some are going to like it and some aren’t to varying degrees. No one here so far that I have seen is advocating drunk driving. The discussion seems to be the variety of opinions on what the penalty should be and how this gal should be treated. People base their own opinions on their own experiences. Again, it’s social media...in my opinion it’s the worst way ever to communicate because people have too much time to get bent out of shape about what someone said...I mean typed.

This gal fucked up. Not her first time either. We all have in some way shape or form I think is the general consensus. Luckily in her case no one was hurt. Drunk driving is a bad deal all around with really bad outcomes sometimes. I’m with Allen, distracted driving is damn near as bad from my observations. I’d have been killed a dozen times by now by some idiot on their phone if I wasn’t a defensive driver, and I am talking about in broad daylight and I’d assume stone cold sober. Should we lock them away? Should I chase them down and beat the living shit out of them to teach them a lesson (it happens)? Should we take their job away or license away for a few years? Maybe make sure their home and family life falls apart? For some folks holding a cell phone is just as risky as drunk driving. In fact, I could hand pick at least a dozen people I would rather see on the road after ten drinks than than I would with a phone in their hand. No bullshit. I could also handpick a dozen that are probably better drivers after ten drinks than they are sober. I'm not kidding. They drive slower and pay more attention to the rules of the road.

I’m absolutely not advocating drunk driving or driving at all after drinking but as we grow up we all go through different phases of stupidity and recklessness. Thank God I made it through mine so far because I was dumber and more reckless than most. You can crucify me for admitting that if you want. I see the error in my ways and have corrected them. Maybe my experiences give me more sympathy when I see someone in similar situations. Hopefully this gal wakes up and figures her life out. She desperately needs to for everyone’s sake.

I don’t know the right answer. However I think ripping someone’s life limb from limb after making a really stupid choice is not the answer. That may not be the popular opinion here, I understand.
Nor do I appreciate the hypocrisy of someone who hasn’t made that same stupid choice but has done fucked up really bad in other ways that could have resulted in the EXACT same outcome. There is not one of us walking the earth for more than a few years who doesn’t fit that description. We all could be in a really different place in life if the worst outcomes had come to fruition from our worst choices. We could all use her poor judgement call to maybe take a step back and take at a look at our own choices before somehow we find ourselves in her shoes. I hope she finds herself having the same chance one day.

It’s beautiful outside. Time for the dogs and I to enjoy some sunshine.

Last edited:

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
BP338,

it’s social media. You gave your opinion. You should expect that some are going to like it and some aren’t to varying degrees. No one here so far that I have seen is advocating drunk driving. The discussion seems to be the variety of opinions on what the penalty should be and how this gal should be treated. People base their own opinions on their own experiences. Again, it’s social media...in my opinion it’s the worst way ever to communicate because people have too much time to get bent out of shape about what someone said...I mean typed.

This gal fucked up. Not her first time either. We all have in some way shape or form I think I is the general consensus. Luckily in her case no one was hurt. Drunk driving is a bad deal all around with really bad outcomes sometimes. I’m with Allen, distracted driving is damn near as bad from my observations. I’d have been killed a dozen times by now by some idiot on their phone if I wasn’t a defensive driver were talking broad daylight and I’d assume stone cold sober. Should we lock them away? Should I chase them down and beat the loving shit out of them to teach them a lesson (it happens)? Should we take their job away or license away for a few years? Maybe make sure their home and family life falls apart? It’s just as risky as drunk driving. In fact, I could hand pick at least a dozen people I would rather see on the road after ten drinks than Then I would with a phone in their hand. No bullshit. I could also handpick a dozen that are probably better drivers after five drinks than they are sober. im not kidding. They drove slower and pay more attention to the rules of the road.

im absolutely not advocating drunk driving or driving at all after drinking but as we grow up we all go through different phases of stupidity and recklessness. Thank god I made it through mine so far because I was dumber and more reckless than most. You can crucify me for admitting that if you want. I see the error in my ways and have corrected them. Maybe my experiences gives me more sympathy in similar situations That others experience. Hopefully this gal wakes up. She desperately needs to.

I don’t know the right answer. However I think ripping someones life limb from limb after making a really stupid choice is not the answer.
Nor do I appreciate the hypocrisy of someone who hasn’t made that same stupid choice but has done fucked up really bad in other ways that could have resulted in the EXACT same outcome. There is not one of us walking the earth for more than a few years who doesn’t fit that description. We could all use her poor judgement call to maybe take a step back and take at a look at our own choices before somehow we find ourselves in her shoes.

It’s beautiful outside. Time for the dogs and I to enjoy some sunshine.

Thanks for that. I'm at the gym and in the mood to conquer I guess. I get that social media isn't the best way to communicate. Words can get interpreted many different ways. I don't know if I feel like I was be attacked or judged. Either way, I stand by everything I wrote here. I'll admit it when I'm wrong. And my way of thinking may be a little close-minded because of my personal choices. As you and everyone has their own thought process on things. That's what makes social media great too. I get to open my mind to others opinions and thought processes. Such as yours. I did dumb enough things in my youth without alcohol. And I see that. We all have done stupid things, but should advocate for a better way. How I feel anyway. Thanks for your wisdom!

I do have plans to be outside today...I just enjoy y'alls interweb interaction. Best family I never knew! (Satire)

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You weren’t attacked or judged. That was aimed at me as much as anyone else. Enjoy the gym and the sunshine.

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
There are some occupations that require a person to behave in a more responsible way than others. I think it would be difficult to be State Superintendent of Schools and maintain any level of respect and authority with her track record. How she proceeds with the charges pending against her will determine if I think she should resign, or if I would vote for her again. If she owns up to her mistakes and makes improvements in her life I think she can be a role model for those that attend and work for ND schools. Should she fight the charges and use ambiguity in the legal system (ie, not taking breath or field sobriety tests), I think she should resign and find a different career. Everyone makes mistakes and should have the opportunity for redemption. Not owning up to mistakes and accepting the consequences is not a quality I want in a person who is in charge of the school systems I'm sending my children to.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I read most everything in the articles and on here several times and didn't notice if she was driving her vehicle or a state vehicle.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guessing she will get an expensive lawyer and plea bargain it down to something less.
Hope she pays the price like everyone else does that gets a DUI. Shouldn't get any advantages what so ever.
If she WAS driving a State vehicle she should be fired immediately after her court date and if she is found guilty.

drayweb

★★★★★ Legendary Member
She's an elected official. Can she be fired? Don't they have to be impeached or something?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
​As a retired unemployed part time fisher person I will volunteer to be her driver.
You are just looking for " driver with benefits" gig

You could make a movie and call it Driving miss crazy

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81