Open water electronic's~

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
So our open water season is just around the corner,stopped by a buddies (pro angler) house as ranger dropped off his new walleye rig as did his sponsors.even tho his electronics come from lowrance he was rigging Garmin ,was surprised as these pro's had been all over hummingbird for a long time as the latest/greatest and my buddy could'nt get in with the bird,but apparently those days have pasted,seems lowrance/bird have been left in the dust to date although the bird still rocks with quality I'm told but today its garmin and they're "Live scope" is the real deal for locating schools of fish and to keep on them once found.

I can't keep up $ wise so I'll stick with my old gear and like it,catch a few fish great ,blank ....well no big deal I say ,still fun just being on the water on a nice day.

FYI thought I would share this info

Oh and now mercury has a 400 ? holy sheep shit....

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mercury has a 400 for us walleye guys. The offshore community laughs at gallons per mile.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Actually, Merc has a 450 out of their racing division. Smiles per gallon must be thought about because MPG would just be depressing.

Garmin just came up with a LS update that increases the number of views. You do need to mount the ducer differently though. Reports are a new LS competing product from Humminbird next year. I guess we will see.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I will just keep my old s--t. The lakes I fish on I really don't need all that fancy stuff. Hell most of the fish and I are on first name bases.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed I'm on the same page,mid summer fishing sometimes a waste of dynamite
I will just keep my old s--t. The lakes I fish on I really don't need all that fancy stuff. Hell most of the fish and I are on first name bases.

Coalburner

Honored Member
Agreed I'm on the same page,mid summer fishing sometimes a waste of dynamite
I have been fishing about 15 different spots for years - I have decent electronics (lowrance HDS 10-12) and they are helpful but I don’t depend on them. Every few years I hear there is some new great electronics and they fail to live up to my expectations - I still see old guys with an old boat and crap equipment fishing right with or beating the guys with the best stuff. Electronics don’t set the hook or pick the bait and lure.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Next year Lowrance is coming out with a unit that tells you if the fish on the screen is hungry!!

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
sweeny quote:
this is so 2019 news

I live under a rock....sorry it was 2020 news to me
So our open water season is just around the corner,stopped by a buddies (pro angler) house as ranger dropped off his new walleye rig as did his sponsors.even tho his electronics come from lowrance he was rigging Garmin ,was surprised as these pro's had been all over hummingbird for a long time as the latest/greatest and my buddy could'nt get in with the bird,but apparently those days have pasted,seems lowrance/bird have been left in the dust to date although the bird still rocks with quality I'm told but today its garmin and they're "Live scope" is the real deal for locating schools of fish and to keep on them once found.

I can't keep up $ wise so I'll stick with my old gear and like it,catch a few fish great ,blank ....well no big deal I say ,still fun just being on the water on a nice day.

FYI thought I would share this info

Oh and now mercury has a 400 ? holy sheep shit....

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85