The start of DFH ( warning pic heavy )

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Could this be used as a lawn fertilizer, as well?

Absolutely ! I’m working on a Venturi pick up tube to utilize my sprinkler system to Fertigate the lawn. Any irrigation system is a perfect way to convey my product to the field.

My bugs are so good at breaking down fats and oils I’m working with an industry expert in compost and septic systems to introduce a septic
tank additive to clean leach fields and condition in service septic tanks and grease traps !!

Exciting products coming soon !!

To apply to the lawn I recommend this sprayer
Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 6.05.59 PM.jpg

Fill it up and spray away !! Set the dial at 3oz or more, I ran 8 oz per gallon on my lawn and it did well but I recommend 3oz once a week for best results

My fish hydrolysate can be used indoors on houseplants !
One teaspoon a gallon mix rate.

Everybody has an uncle or dad who buried a fish head under the tomato plants and their tomatos were the best you ever had !! Now you can bypass the decomposition and go straight to the nutrition for your plants !

Last edited:

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
"My fish hydrolysate can be used indoors on houseplants !
One teaspoon a gallon mix rate."

"Interestingly enough there is a distinct odor with the concentrate but it has a vinegar ( ish ) smell. Don't get me wrong it stinks but not as bad as you would imagine."

"After you add water to the concentrate and apply you will smell fish."

Wait a dang minute!!! all the above quotes are from you!!! Not in my house is it gonna smell like fish/dead fish. Sure, you work with it everyday and you get 'used' to it. Not in my house. AND still wondering about the cat comment; every cat will be in your backyard looking in the garden for whatever smells like fish.

I may sound a little serious above here, but I wholeheartedly would support this fertilizer product. IN fact there are some pretty large sized buffalo fish in lake Tschida I'd like to see gone!!!!!

"
Dahl Fish Hydrolysate is a small business in North Dakota" where exactly??

Last edited:

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member

"Interestingly enough there is a distinct odor with the concentrate but it has a vinegar ( ish ) smell. Don't get me wrong it stinks but not as bad as you would imagine."

Wait a dang minute!!! all the above quotes are from you!!! Not in my house is it gonna smell like fish/dead fish. Sure, you work with it everyday and you get 'used' to it. Not in my house. AND still wondering about the cat comment; every cat will be in your backyard looking in the garden for whatever smells like fish.

I may sound a little serious above here, but I wholeheartedly would support this fertilizer product. IN fact there are some pretty large sized buffalo fish in lake Tschida I'd like to see gone!!!!!

"

@ 1 tsp per gallon my fertilizer is indoor friendly.

People talking about cats are wrong, I have about 16 barn cats and they don't give a crap (pun intended) about the area fertilizer is applied in. I also have a dog that is a jerk and rolls in rotten stuff, she also doesn't care about the treated areas.

There is a smell when applied that virtually goes away as the nutrients are absorbed by plants and the soil. I used this fertilizer last summer all around my house. No skunks, raccons, cats or bigfoots crapped in my flower garden/yard.

I live south of Mandan

Tschida has some big girls, we found some there last summer.
IMG_0057.jpg

Thanks for the interest Matt

Last edited:

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have to tell you about a bowfishing trip down there (Tschida). I'm sure we were still in high school but buddy took me up to the tailrace to shoot carp one year (1970ish). Long story short that nock/arrow came straight back after missing the fish and hitting a rock and skimmed his cheek. Lucky fawker that's for sure. I have never been with bowfishing since!! two dumb ass teenagers just trying to stay out of trouble!! I see two young boys with ya. STAY SAFE, for sure!!

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Make a trip every month to get supplies at sams will be in contact to get some on the way through for the garden and trees. If the septic comes out will also take some of that

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm interested in the septic deal! We've been in our house for a little over a year and it's been on my mind for a bit now...

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would try some too when available. By the way, still using that Tundra I got from you a few years ago. :D

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been using Alaska fish fertilizer for several years. It works great. No synthetic fertilizers for me. Local sounds good to me.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm interested in the septic deal! We've been in our house for a little over a year and it's been on my mind for a bit now...

[FONT=&quot]Your septic system contains a collection of living organisms that digest and treat household waste. Pouring toxins down your drain can kill these organisms and harm your septic system. With that being said you don't want to [/FONT][FONT=Source Sans Pro, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]introduce anything else in your septic system. Never use a garbage disposal in a sink to allow anything other than Soap and water, no oil. Human waste or water from showering and washing cloths will not harm them. No coffee grounds, female stuff, egg shells or left over foods. And the guy that pumps are tank said be careful when using Rid X[/FONT]

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your septic system contains a collection of living organisms that digest and treat household waste. Pouring toxins down your drain can kill these organisms and harm your septic system. With that being said you don't want to introduce anything else in your septic system. Never use a garbage disposal in a sink to allow anything other than Soap and water, no oil. Human waste or water from showering and washing cloths will not harm them. No coffee grounds, female stuff, egg shells or left over foods. And the guy that pumps are tank said be careful when using Rid X

What toxins are you talking about ?

My septic tank formula is a super concentrated mix of micro organisms that are very much alive. They have a especially strong attraction to grease that causes problems in septic tanks and the leach field of your system.

I’m working with an expert in compost and septic systems to be certain my product not only works and is safe for your system.

Thanks for your interest.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What toxins are you talking about ?

My septic tank formula is a super concentrated mix of micro organisms that are very much alive. They have a especially strong attraction to grease that causes problems in septic tanks and the leach field of your system.

I’m working with an expert in compost and septic systems to be certain my product not only works and is safe for your system.

Thanks for your interest.

Im not saying anything against your formula, BP338 sound new to the septic systems and I was just giving him some incite on how to care for it.

The toxins I'm referring is table scraps, coffee grounds and so on.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im not saying anything against your formula, BP338 sound new to the septic systems and I was just giving him some incite on how to care for it.

The toxins I'm referring is table scraps, coffee grounds and so on.

Thank you for the direction! I've heard your shpeel, and I've heard others say the opposite. We try to be careful with what goes down the drain. We have animals that the scraps go to and we don't have a disposal (bitter sweet for me...) I just don't look forward to footing the bill to get it cleaned when the time comes. So my goal is to prolong it...

Thanks!

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thank you for the direction! I've heard your shpeel, and I've heard others say the opposite. We try to be careful with what goes down the drain. We have animals that the scraps go to and we don't have a disposal (bitter sweet for me...) I just don't look forward to footing the bill to get it cleaned when the time comes. So my goal is to prolong it...

Thanks!

The more people in the house the shorter the wait time. Its just my wife and I so every other year. And we always pump late summer. It cost use like 180.00 to get it pumped out.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember when I was younger on the farm we were having some issues with our septic system and a good friend who pumped septic systems told us to take a bucket of fish guts, let them sit in the sun and heat for a few days and then dump them down into the tank. It seemed to help back then and fix a lot of the issues. Could have been coincidence though.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Interestingly enough there is a distinct odor with the concentrate but it has a vinegar ( ish ) smell. Don't get me wrong it stinks but not as bad as you would imagine.

After you add water to the concentrate and apply you will smell fish ( amazing right ) but within a couple hours the smell reduces immensely, so much so that it will PROVE to anybody how quickly the nutrients are absorbed by the plants and soil. As a matter of fact that instance sold me on the value of the product.

- - - Updated - - -

The only similarity between what Lycan did and I am doing is we both use carp.

Thanks for the interest guys, I also have saved a bunch of water bottles with robust lids. To be able to offer samples at a very reasonable cost.

If anybody has a connection in Sugar Beets or Chrystal Sugar I'm looking for a source of Beet Molasses. I'm considering it as an additive for its nutritional value.

So a trick I have read about for trees and bushes is to take a gallon milk jug, pour a shot of Missouri Magic in then fill with water. ( preferably well or rain water ) .

Then at your tree take a stick pin and poke a couple holes in the lowest part of the jug and set close to your soon to be bountiful tree. Poke a hole in the top of jug also to break the vacuum.

The beet molasses is pretty salty so not sure how that would affect it. If I were you I would look up some people who work at the plants on LinkedIn and I’m sure they would give you as much as you like as I don’t think they sell it for much.

- - - Updated - - -

"

What you have against buffalo? You know they are a native species? The big ones are also approaching 100 years old. Carp on the other hand kill them all!

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
About time for some sellable product.
FDE893FA-B86D-47B2-84F4-4644E875534F.jpg

still working on some details but hoping to begin bottling For sale within a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t watch if your squeamish. My 12 y/o can handle it but his bark is thick.

https://youtu.be/qv9qGvhuBkw

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will be waiting.

In regards to the septic , I use Septic Saver monthly. Similar to Rid X. They are a pain in the ass. Keep calling trying to sell you the "new formula". Requested they take me off their call list. Nope..
Hope you come up with the new product.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Putting food into your septic system via garbage disposal actually aids in providing bacteria to your tank. I’ve put in quite a few septic systems. The house I built in 2005 went 8 years without a pump out and only did it because we sold the place and figured I should do that before selling. My current house was done in 2013 and haven’t pumped it yet. It works great and as it should. Worse thing you can do is pump them too often

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm glad you posted that eyexer, I was getting worried...we haven't pumped our septic tank in 10 years...

What kind of signs will you have if you do need to have it pumped??

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the laundry room is a big culprit If you wash a lot of muddy or dirty clothes. Also bleach and some detergents kills the good bacteria in the system. I'd never thought of the garbage disposal , I can see where that could be be a good thing, Need to train the wife to use it more.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad you posted that eyexer, I was getting worried...we haven't pumped our septic tank in 10 years...

What kind of signs will you have if you do need to have it pumped??

There are none that I am aware of but there is a major costly one when you discover that you didn't pump it often enough.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77