Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll rig a hose to the water supply under the sink or toilet....Won't need TP

Toilet.jpg

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dammit... big picture guys!!!! better to quit wiping today and toughen up for armeggedon. Bonus, easier to maintain social distance.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think the major brands are getting manufactured in China. Look at the back of the packages and you'll see Charmin, Cottonelle, Northern, etc. are all manufactured in America. Good ol' US-of-Freakin'-A wood chips soaked with American water and pressed with good ol' American rollers. Please have some restraint!!

:mad:

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Personally, I think people buying tons of TP ought to be ashamed of themselves. But that's just my opinion.

I have four females in my house, and I'll be dipped if we go through more than a roll per day. I currently have a one month supply.

By the way, toilet paper is not just made in China. It was kinda invented in China, but today there are more than a hundred companies in the US, making TP.

Incidentally, in my house, right next to every toilet (three bathrooms) I have a shower. I'll just hop in for a quick spritz, before I start using my socks.

Oh, and take a serrated knife and cut a roll of el-cheapo paper towels in half, and you have great toilet paper.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh, and take a serrated knife and cut a roll of el-cheapo paper towels in half, and you have great toilet paper.

You will plug up sewer systems. TP and facial tissue are made to disintegrate in water. Paper towels are made to stay intact in water. Bad idea to put paper towels in the sewer system.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
The next run will be for garden hose. People will run out of TP and begin shatting in the driveway so they can just wash it down to the street and into the street drains. They'll be upset that we don't do MORE for their conveniences and behave in such a way to protest something!

I recall my older siblings telling me they only had use of the Christmas catalogs for use when TP ran dry back in the day. Tore out a page of Sears Roebuck and make sure to crumple it many times before wiping.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
the toilet paper crisis is a result of over 90% of toilet paper comes from China .. and there is a high probability they will not be able to produce more to do work shortages .... now you know ...

What brand you use? I'll tell ya if its imported or not, how bout that? Hint: Bet its USA made....Sorry Martinslanding, but I don't believe we import 90% of our toilet paper when there's like 2 major paper mills in the USA that make the 4 most popular brand of TP...sorry man.

Here's a now you know moment......
The US, however, imports very little toilet paper — less than 10% in 2017. And most of that comes from Canada and Mexico.

Last edited:

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
You will plug up sewer systems. TP and facial tissue are made to disintegrate in water. Paper towels are made to stay intact in water. Bad idea to put paper towels in the sewer system.

Yep, I had this conversation with my wife and kids last night. If it comes to paper towels, in the garbage they go.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Muslims just use thier left hand. Why can’t we?? They’re peaceful people and all.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
By the way, toilet paper is not just made in China. It was kinda invented in China, but today there are more than a hundred companies in the US, making TP.

Incidentally, in my house, right next to every toilet (three bathrooms) I have a shower. I'll just hop in for a quick spritz, before I start using my socks.
[/QUOTE]

You are like the Dalai Lama of TP:). Care to share any more fun facts;-) ?

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
its all funny till your actually need tp and you go to the store and they are out. ffs

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For you young ones. When raising my kids there was only cloth diapers. Sooooo I have a few 100 soft cotton rags for wood staining. Use throw in a "diaper pail" and wash like the old days. I will never run out.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Before toilet paper was mass-produced, rich people would use hemp, wool or lace for wiping. Poor people used leaves, hay, rocks, seaweed, husks, or anything else that they could find lying around. Sometimes they would revert to stepping into the river where going and washing was all wrapped up into one.

In 1857, Joseph C. Gayetty invented the first commercial toilet paper in the United States. His product was made from Manila hemp and the sheets were moistened and soaked in aloe. Sold as medicated toilet paper, they were sold in flat sheets in a 500-pack, priced at 50 cents. For the next 10 years, Gayetty marketed his product as an alternative to using scratchy paper from leaves and catalogs.

In 1867, the Scott brothers took this idea and began manufacturing dry toilet paper from wood chips, a cheaper alternative. There were plenty of trees to use and their idea took off and spread throughout the Western world. Today, ECF, the chlorine dioxide-bleached pulp dominates the global chemical pulp market and forests are rapidly decreasing. While Gayetty had a great idea with using Manila hemp (not related to industrial hemp), the cost of the product was not economically feasible at the time. The Sears & Roebuck catalog was free.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66