Toilet Paper shortage

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
In my retirement I started working in retail, for the insurance,. Monday evening some idiot in Bismarck put on Facebook that they were sold out up there at about seven or so they called their parents back in town so it was on. Tuesday at noon the news reported that Bismarck was out of TP, by 5 idiots were driving an hour south to by the stuff, and buying up 100 dollars worth at a time. I called my son who li es up there and he said what a joke was at the grocery store up there and they had plenty. We were basically sold out by Wednesday afternoon. Totally stupid. We went through the same thing back in 1976 with the swine flu and turd tissue did the same thing, also Y2K all in election years, weird huh

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
This whole crazy situation is just s i m p l y the s h ! t s . Hope it gets warm quick. And if this continues, I will have to padlock the fence around the rag weed patch.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
89796931_1605223776309843_7083505139692077056_o.jpg

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a collectors issue of Sears and Roebuck catalog, fall of 1909. Wonder if its value is more as a collectors item or TP?

Isn't there a culture too that will take one square of TP, fold it in half, and in half again, tear out a small piece at the fold, unfold it and put their finger in the hole to wipe their butt. Then use the small piece they tore out to wipe their finger off? I don't want to be politically incorrect but you know the culture I speak of.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thank god Menards got restocked tonight so I could get some for my reserve. Unfortunately work said we all have to work from home starting next week so that will put a big dent in supply due to my minimum 2 work 💩 a day...... who knows how long this will last.....

drayweb

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This is so stupid! I'm down to my last two rolls. Went to the Family Dollar last night and they were all out. Looks like I might have to hit the Pita Pit. Hahahaha!

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
the toilet paper crisis is a result of over 90% of toilet paper comes from China .. and there is a high probability they will not be able to produce more to do work shortages .... now you know ...

Where did you get 90 percent? Just curious on your source. Which is 100% wrong.

giphy.gif

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
My guess is somebody in the TP business got this thing going. He has now quarantined himself on a small Caribbean Island sipping cocktails with little umbrellas in them.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would bet if you dug you would find the media started the TP crisis.

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would bet if you dug you would find the media started the TP crisis.

I bet almost no one actually tries to look up any real information, which is how something like the TP end of days takes hold in the first place, then somebody will post on facebook that they heard from their neighbors pet ferret’s mechanic that the TP crisis was started by matt damon and that will close the TP crisis case for the masses. Until of course, someone posts a picture on facebook of themselves posing next to a T-Rex they just shot, then shit will hit the fan again. I’ve never been on facebook but I bet I’m right.

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
I bet almost no one actually tries to look up any real information, which is how something like the TP end of days takes hold in the first place, then somebody will post on facebook that they heard from their neighbors pet ferret’s mechanic that the TP crisis was started by matt damon and that will close the TP crisis case for the masses. Until of course, someone posts a picture on facebook of themselves posing next to a T-Rex they just shot, then shit will hit the fan again. I’ve never been on facebook but I bet I’m right.

I was walking out of the liquor store today with 5 cases of beer - the guy in line next to me asked "are you trying to start a beer crisis?" HA!

No NCAA hockey, no NHL, Weather sucks = Lots of garage beers this weekend.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw some poor SOB’s yesterday cutting paper towel rolls in half because the store was out of TP. Said they heard to do that on the view. If your a wood worker better get your sandpaper now

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77