New run on guns and ammo?

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
All you need are bullets and bread. Now the breads gone. Must be the preferred asswipe alternative.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Driving by Sportsman's warehouse this morning and thought, what the hell, gopher season is right around the corner so stopped in to get a couple bricks of 22. The would only sell me one, Said there is a shortage. Damn! Also, one box of 17hmr and one of 22 mag.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
no thanks, last box i believe was 4 cents a round ( just a short while ago) and yes i did learn the last time around. However that last box of stingers was a little over 10 cents a round. So it appears it will be sometime before I purchase another bullet but when that time comes I am sure I will be stocking some. db

Feildhunter701

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I have a bunch of stingers becuse I think there cool. But I can’t get them to group out of any of my guns.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For now my stingers have only been something to admire as they sit on the shelf, mostly due to the cost compare to others and then have only used in pistols and have no way of knowing the grouping when shooting my pistols as those are used on cans.

So once it gets warm again will need to try in a rifle. db

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I stopped at Running in Moorhead last night and picked up Primers and Powder. The amount of people in there buying shells and guns is unreal. The guy at gun counter said it hasn't slowed down even on the weekdays.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Fieldhunter:
Have a model 52d winchester and will put the stinger compare to a winchester box schell this morning
Results to come soon. db.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
five bullets of stinger and win
at a good 25 yards, not a target shooter and cold and windy
DSC00032.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

have a model 75 win that i shot a ton as a kid
Took unertl scope off many years ago and put on 52 win I have but never shot until today.
I am not a good target shooter and planned on 10 schells but fingers got cold so only 5, stingers chamber hard and did not realize until now how much longer a stinger bullet is over the win bullets.
As a kid i had a green head a long ways out on a windy day sitting and facing me. I remember with the 75 shooting at least a foot high to a foot and a half and at least a foot and a half to the left due to the wind. shot, duck got up and walk a few steps and that was it for him, love the gun and the memories it gave me as a kid. will need to do on a warm and decent day with a rest for the gun.
fieldhunter:
I guess it work for me with the 52 anyways db

if the above holds true this summer I will need to focus on more stingers once this crab is all over

Last edited:

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
The last time this happened, it was because of the president elected and panic buying.

Now it's happening because, even in the far recesses of our mind, there's that little whisper: What if. And it's not because of some politician banning stuff. It's because despite your best efforts to poo-poo the virus and quarantines, you can't help but think maybe, just maybe, there's something to it. And if shit gets real bad, like really bad, what's next?

There's already been a noticeable uptick in cars getting broken into in Fargo on my end of town. How much longer until that turns into homes?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Don't leave TP in plain sight. Put in trunk or gun safe and keep guns handy.

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
actually Scheels has a sale going on right now that is a good deal on both guns and ammo - I got their catalogue in the mail yesterday..thinking I might invest just because of price.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The last time this happened, it was because of the president elected and panic buying.

Now it's happening because, even in the far recesses of our mind, there's that little whisper: What if. And it's not because of some politician banning stuff. It's because despite your best efforts to poo-poo the virus and quarantines, you can't help but think maybe, just maybe, there's something to it. And if shit gets real bad, like really bad, what's next?

There's already been a noticeable uptick in cars getting broken into in Fargo on my end of town. How much longer until that turns into homes?

Did you see what Philly is telling their police forces? Basically no arresting anyone unless “violent” crime. They have also released prisoners in LA is it?

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm screwed if we are preparing for the apocalypse. But, I do work with a guy who went nuts on AR's and .22 ammo when Obama got in. He has shown me photos and claims to have over 30k rounds of .22 ammo. He was putting himself on wait lists when .22 ammo was tight. Same guy also has an entire closet full of toilet paper now. There is a difference between being prepared and being a hoarding dumbass......paranoia and fear crosses all party lines and types of people.

gone_fishing

Founding Member
Founding Member
actually Scheels has a sale going on right now that is a good deal on both guns and ammo - I got their catalogue in the mail yesterday..thinking I might invest just because of price.

They timed that good didn't they! Stopped at the Fargo Scheels yesterday as I saw in their flyer that Winchester AA's were on sale ($60/case after included $20 Scheels gift card). 12 gauge is about the only shell I go through in any quantity (trap, skeet, etc). While picking up 2 cases (limit 2 per ad), I jokingly asked one of the employees if they were out of .22 yet. He said "almost". The store overall was pretty quiet but the gun section had at least 10 customers.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
What the heck is going on at Scheels. I went in there to look at some ammo and they have everything taped off around the guns and ammo. The rest of the store is open but for the guns and ammo you have to wait for the next available worker to come help you. I ended up leaving because I just wanted to take a peek and was in a hurry. Are they having a problem with theft or something?? Seems a little strange.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75