New run on guns and ammo?

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
What the heck is going on at Scheels. I went in there to look at some ammo and they have everything taped off around the guns and ammo. The rest of the store is open but for the guns and ammo you have to wait for the next available worker to come help you. I ended up leaving because I just wanted to take a peek and was in a hurry. Are they having a problem with theft or something?? Seems a little strange.

My sister texted my daughter every gun is gone in Scheels Bismarck. Is that true, or being a little dramatic and she meant they are low on inventory?

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
East grand Forks today and everything look as before there. There were 22 for the buying at the same price as before. Was looking for 22-250 but only had 20 bullet boxes for $22 so will wait. db

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Okay I had the same as the original post. Friend from over the last 50 years never owned any firearms and his wife says to him the other night "I think we need to buy a pistol". No kiddin. He knows I am a gun nut he calls and wants my thoughts on what he should buy. WTF. I sent him a few youtube links and said we will go to the range soon. It will interesting.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
exclamation-triangle-warning.svg
MidwayUSA is open and shipping as fast as we can!
COVID-19 has impacted nearly every person and business around the world. MidwayUSA is no exception. Order volume has increased dramatically and we’re doing everything possible to process and ship orders quickly. Unfortunately, our current shipping backlog is 8+ days and increasing. For this, we’re truly sorry!
To help serve Customers better and to ensure the health and safety of our Employees, here are some things we’ve done and some things we’d like you to know:

• We’ve placed Quantity Limits on many high demand products to allow as many Customers as possible the opportunity to order them.
  • We plan promotions months in advance and order a specific amount of inventory at special prices to support them. Many high demand products in our March and April Flyers have already sold out. Since we don’t know when we’ll receive them again, we’re not allowing backorders on these products.
  • Since our Suppliers are also swamped with orders, and some have temporarily shut down, we’re not taking backorders on many high demand, out of stock products and some are even Temporarily Unavailable.
  • Our shipping partners are also swamped with orders and are taking longer than usual to deliver packages.
  • We’ve stopped taking phone calls, web chats and responding to emails to redirect as many Customer Service Employees as possible to shipping orders.
  • We’ve temporarily suspended our Customer Order Pickup service to align with the President’s and CDC’s guidance regarding social distancing.
We’re doing our best to provide a clean, safe and healthy environment for our Employees while providing the best Customer Service possible under these circumstances. We’re sorry if you’re unable to find what you need and that your order will take longer than usual to arrive. Thanks for your patience and understanding and as always, thanks for your business and loyalty!

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went to Scheels in Minot everything seemed well stocked lots of people buying bulk ammo that's for sure it was pretty busy

bilbo

Honored Member
A little late to this party but the tape in Scheels was to limit the number of people in the gun area for social distancing. I ordered some bullets from blue bullets as I ran out a couple weeks ago and even they’re getting ransacked. I never even thought about hoarding bullets. They still haven’t shipped. I looked around at other vendors and they are all seeing big delays. One had a banner that clarified what you were ordering was not live ammo. Made me wonder if someone or many ordered bullets and got upset when they didn’t get cartridges in the mail.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
How’d I miss this thread?

And yes, @suppressyourself, I have been grinning happily from behind the walls of my ammofort. Plenty of TP too.

Ammo has been selling barely above cost for the past couple years. If you don’t have plenty already...

The run on ammo seems to have let off, now we just wait for supplies to replenish.

I wouldn’t be buying guns or optics now unless you really need it or come across something rare. There are going to be 20 million newly-unemployed people very soon. Once their Trumpbux run out there will be a lot of toys being sold off. Looks like the Saudis have agreed to let off the oil market so helpfully that will help western ND get back to work.

- - - Updated - - -

All the cheap $500 ARs sold out?

Yeah, but they’ll be back by summer.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How’d I miss this thread?

And yes, @suppressyourself, I have been grinning happily from behind the walls of my ammofort. Plenty of TP too.

Ammo has been selling barely above cost for the past couple years. If you don’t have plenty already...

The run on ammo seems to have let off, now we just wait for supplies to replenish.

I wouldn’t be buying guns or optics now unless you really need it or come across something rare. There are going to be 20 million newly-unemployed people very soon. Once their Trumpbux run out there will be a lot of toys being sold off. Looks like the Saudis have agreed to let off the oil market so helpfully that will help western ND get back to work.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but they’ll be back by summer.

End of summer? All the distributors are sold out. If Trump isn’t handling the crisis well and people think he is going to lose who knows what the gun sales will do.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
It appears, in Fargo anyways, that the ammo shortage is ongoing. Worse than ever from what I have seen. Checking stores around town, the shelves seen to be getting pretty bare for any type caliber now. Shotgun shells seem to be only stuff still stocked fairly well. Question i have is, is this happening everywhere or just a problem in little Minneapolis?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
It appears, in Fargo anyways, that the ammo shortage is ongoing. Worse than ever from what I have seen. Checking stores around town, the shelves seen to be getting pretty bare for any type caliber now. Shotgun shells seem to be only stuff still stocked fairly well. Question i have is, is this happening everywhere or just a problem in little Minneapolis?

Most areas of the country are SIGNIFICANTLY worse.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very little ammo of any kind in Williston aside from the four million cases of 7-1/2 & 8 shot sportsman’s stocks lol. They think that’s what people shoot for everything. Makes as much sense as the hoarders of fly fishing shit they stock

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
In Fargo Scheels yesterday they must have gotten a shipment. They had a lot (relatively) of 9mm and 223. Of course it's cheap Wolf steel case, but I was still surprised to see it. They also had some 22lr, but I'm sure that won't last for long. I'm well stocked, so I left it all for the unwashed masses.

jtillman

Founding Member
Founding Member
FM area is stacked with available ammo compared to the stores we went to on our Wyoming trip. Cabelas in Rapid City was a joke for ammo selection, only had one side of an aisle dedicated for rifle ammo and it was maybe 30% filled. Nothing available in .270 & .308, not one box. The funny thing that I noticed was the 'standard caliber' type ammo was gone, but the less popular and magnum rounds were available.

At a Sportsman's Warehouse in Gillette, was probably close to 50%, but not much for a variety of options and most that was there was the low-cost option stuff.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76