• Not sure

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • I am ok with the way the state has handled MM

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • I am not ok with the way the state has handled MM

Votes: 19 11.1%

• Total voters

701Rounder

I think we should have medical marijuana. A lot of good uses.

I went from 224 10mg vicoden a month to just smoking like cheech n Chong.

- - - Updated - - -

Fun fact. Your only allowed 2.5 ounces of weed a month. I hit my limit in under 3 weeks. Limits are bs for the heavy hitters.

NG3067

ā˜…ā˜… Legendary Member
I will vote yes only if medical does not include smoking. My opinion is that when you need a lighter to consume it, it is recreational.

Things have been progressing with R&D for medical marijuana , THCV is a new discovery that looks promising for diabetics , Self discipline and diet changes can only go so far so it seems, I still need pills to keep sugars under control. I'd like to make some gummy bears and get off the pills and get rid of joint pain at the same time so I recently had a visit with my health care provider. There is no way the provider will lend a hand, Supposedly its a licensing issue where ND Drs. could lose their license over it VIA federal laws. I don't blame a medical provider or anyone else for not wanting to jeopardize a career over a weed. I was born in the facility we were sitting in having the conversation and I value having the facility in the community so I probably won't be changing providers any time soon. If we vote on this in the future will you vote yes or no ?

https://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/39/10/1777

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will vote yes only if medical does not include smoking. My opinion is that when you need a lighter to consume it, it is recreational.

Yep, I'm good with that . Cook with it and make brownies for a bed time snack .

mikemcgfnd

Not a joke

Educate yourself about CBD, it's not a joke, it helps people with problems of all kinds. Your opinion is not useful, those that are dependent on the oil for relief find your comments detrimental to the future of their livelihood. Educate yourself, unsubstantiated claims, hearsay, only do harm to the people that have had much success with the appropriate medication they need to get through a tough day. It's life or death for some. Live and let Live.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried another bottle (different brand (Canopy Hemp) of the oil, and a pill form and neither did squat. I think it's a placebo. I took 30 drops under the tongue morning, noon, and evening. --------- nothing. Did not remove any pain or stiffness. Tylenol is much better. The pill form was supposed to help you sleep. That didn't squat either. Nothing.

I wasted $250 listening to the bs and hoping it may be real.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Itā€™s like many things of this nature. Works great for some people and does nothing for others.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
PG How many days in a row did you take it ? It takes a few days of being on it before it starts making a difference for me. We ran out for a week and really noticed a difference once we quit taking it. It's not a cure all, I still have aches and pains but it takes care of a lot of it. I don't do well with any of the OTC or prescribed pain meds that I have tried so anything is better than nothing.

I'd take it till it's gone and after you run out you might realize that it was working better than you thought

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried another bottle (different brand (Canopy Hemp) of the oil, and a pill form and neither did squat. I think it's a placebo. I took 30 drops under the tongue morning, noon, and evening. --------- nothing. Did not remove any pain or stiffness. Tylenol is much better. The pill form was supposed to help you sleep. That didn't squat either. Nothing.

I wasted $250 listening to the bs and hoping it may be real.

Doesnt work for everyone, full spectrum extract seems to help people more than isolate. Its worth giving that a try if you can find it. Or you can order some flower online and smoke/vape it or extract yourself using oil or alcohol...

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
5. Itā€™s just not for you

CBD may be popular, but that doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a miracle drug that will work for everyone. After all of your efforts, itā€™s possible that youā€™ll find that CBD simply doesnā€™t work for you.
Your level of absorption and reaction to CBD depends on a variety of factors including your:

• metabolism
  • biochemistry
  • genetics
Your endocannabinoid system is the system in your body that interacts with the active compounds in cannabis, and each personā€™s operates a little differently.
In fact, a professor of clinical psychiatry noted 20 percent of Americans may have a genetic mutation that makes them naturally produce more endocannabinoids ā€” similar to cannabinoids but produced by your body.
If you have that mutation, you might be prone to lower levels of anxiety, but because you already have extra endocannabinoids you might not see much of a difference when you take CBD.
Check with your doctor about other options that may work for you.
And if you have persistent friends, donā€™t be afraid to tell them to stop bugging you about giving CBD a try. After all, thereā€™s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all treatment!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just try the sticky icky :thatswhatsup:

- - - Updated - - -

If that don't work....at least you get high. :;:smokin

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If America wants to develop new job growth opportunities with new businesses, the feds are going to have to legalize it across the board with some 25000 plus and growing products being able to be produced its a no brainer. Especially since big tobacco, big pharm, and other large business groups taking interest in weed its the next gold rush in potential money.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
If America wants to develop new job growth opportunities with new businesses, the feds are going to have to legalize it across the board with some 25000 plus and growing products being able to be produced its a no brainer. Especially since big tobacco, big pharm, and other large business groups taking interest in weed its the next gold rush in potential money.

The other side of that coin is the war on underground market is like throwing throwing good money down a gopher hole. They can't even keep it out of highly secured prisons let alone the general public.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Educate yourself, unsubstantiated claims, hearsay, only do harm to the people that have had much success with the appropriate medication they need to get through a tough day. It's life or death for some. Live and let Live.

In an effort to educate myself, can you provide let's say, 3 double-blind, randomized, placebo controlled studies with an N above 500 in regards to CBD and any one specific symptom or sickness CBD can aid, ameliorate, or cure?

I ask for this because the same claims you're making regarding CBD can also be heard from folks pimping Acai berries/juice. Gets rid of aches and pains by reducing inflammation due to anti-oxidants and cures all manner of ailments by "detoxifying".

Somone with say, Congestive Heart Failure would probably believe they'd discovered the fountain of youth if someone snuck them a bit of cocaine or meth. However long-term, it would be short-term.

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
PG How many days in a row did you take it ? It takes a few days of being on it before it starts making a difference for me. We ran out for a week and really noticed a difference once we quit taking it. It's not a cure all, I still have aches and pains but it takes care of a lot of it. I don't do well with any of the OTC or prescribed pain meds that I have tried so anything is better than nothing.

I'd take it till it's gone and after you run out you might realize that it was working better than you thought

You asked me the same thing the last time a whole bottle didn't work. Now I took this whole bottle and nothing. It isn't the cheap crap either both bottles were over $95 each.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
In an effort to educate myself, can you provide let's say, 3 double-blind, randomized, placebo controlled studies with an N above 500 in regards to CBD and any one specific symptom or sickness CBD can aid, ameliorate, or cure?

I ask for this because the same claims you're making regarding CBD can also be heard from folks pimping Acai berries/juice. Gets rid of aches and pains by reducing inflammation due to anti-oxidants and cures all manner of ailments by "detoxifying".

Somone with say, Congestive Heart Failure would probably believe they'd discovered the fountain of youth if someone snuck them a bit of cocaine or meth. However long-term, it would be short-term.

The sample size of 500 or greater almost leads me to think you did a quick look at the peer reviewed lit, saw that most studies are n=300 or so, and bumped it up for future argument ammo. And in an effort to educate yourself, do your own damn google scholar search. Sheesh.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Educate yourself about CBD, it's not a joke, it helps people with problems of all kinds. Your opinion is not useful, those that are dependent on the oil for relief find your comments detrimental to the future of their livelihood. Educate yourself, unsubstantiated claims, hearsay, only do harm to the people that have had much success with the appropriate medication they need to get through a tough day. It's life or death for some. Live and let Live.

Fly Carpin said:
The sample size of 500 or greater almost leads me to think you did a quick look at the peer reviewed lit, saw that most studies are n=300 or so, and bumped it up for future argument ammo. And in an effort to educate yourself, do your own damn google scholar search. Sheesh.[/QUOTE]

I haven't looked for diddly. I haven't a clue what studies are out there or what size they are regarding CBD, MJ, Medicinal, or Recreational.

What I DO have is a lifetime growing up around medicine and clinical studies. Reading studies, dissecting them, assessing veracity, and presenting them. Numbers below N=500 are acceptable for drugs, compounds, or therapies seeking to treat maladies experienced by a specific and small group of folks. However, if one was seeking to make an actual claim regarding something like efficacy against chronic pain, or arthritic inflammatory pain, one would need an N=1500 or more and be double-blinded, randomized, multi-center, placebo controlled to be taken seriously.

I'm not saying CBD does or doesn't work. Apparently according to "mikemcgfnd" it's "Life or Death" for some people. If it's that effective and important all I'd ask is to "Prove It" in a Double-Blind, Randomized, Pacebo-Controlled, Multi-Clinical Center study.

For an N=300 I could write a study stating: "CBD + H2O ameliorates the effects of over-alcoholization within 12hours" on just one reasonably sized college campus dormitory compound over no more than 2-3 weekends.

Without strong and repeatable data CBD is always going to be seen as snake oil/get-rich quick scheme grown by 30-somethings in their parent's basement.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
There he is. There's a reason most folks around here value your opinion. You know a lot about a lot of different things. I just wanted to poke the hive and see what shook loose. You didn't disappoint!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
It doesn't mean much to me, All I care about is that the % of no voters is way smaller than the % of the vote yes crowd. I used to be passionate about educating people when 9 out of 10 still thought hemp was a gateway drug. It paid off and we legalized hemp and medical MJ but the State screwed that up anyway so I'm past the point of trying to do the right thing. I'll just do what I want and I don't need anyone else's approval or permission.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would guess cbd marketers have done those studies and the results didnā€™t agree with their claims so no one is hearing about em. Just a hunch

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76