• I am ok with the way the state has handled MM

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • I am not ok with the way the state has handled MM

Votes: 19 11.1%

• Total voters

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
My only comment on this is that our pharmacies should be just like MX. I dont want a hassle if I run out of a drug. Cant get them mail order pharm due to freight being slow, I want to be able to buy local if i can and when i can.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would guess cbd marketers have done those studies and the results didn’t agree with their claims so no one is hearing about em. Just a hunch

There's a really easy way to test this theory, but it does involve some reading

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would guess cbd marketers have done those studies and the results didn’t agree with their claims so no one is hearing about em. Just a hunch

Doubtful, double-blinded, randomized, placebo-controlled, multi-center studies are expensive and time consuming, especially if dealing with an N = 1K+.

That's always the rub w/the CBD/MJ crowd, the trials are too expensive to run in large #'s. Way easier to mine initiated measure signatures then contact and "trial" those who will give you the answer you want.

Last edited:

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been doing some reading about why there are no large scale studies. Cost is definitely a factor, but the biggest hurdle is that CBD is still a Schedule 1 substance, with "high likelyhood for abuse and no medical benefits". There's an interesting article in Nature where a researcher states that he can go to any coffee shop in NYC and get a full-spectrum CBD infused latte, but if he wants to conduct any research he needs a walk in safe and 6 months of paperwork for licensing.

It's just like hemp. All the old cranks still associate them both with THC.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been doing some reading about why there are no large scale studies. Cost is definitely a factor, but the biggest hurdle is that CBD is still a Schedule 1 substance, with "high likelyhood for abuse and no medical benefits". There's an interesting article in Nature where a researcher states that he can go to any coffee shop in NYC and get a full-spectrum CBD infused latte, but if he wants to conduct any research he needs a walk in safe and 6 months of paperwork for licensing.

When it comes down to it, it's still all about $$. There are lots of people, thousands of them, who spend DECADES doing paperwork for research, it's their passion, what they've been educated and trained to do. But, someone's gotta pay them to do the research.

It's not just CBD/MJ that have the problem not performing the research for legit clinical indications. "Essential Oils", whatever that shit Frank Thomas pushes, boner enhancers that aren't actually Sildenafil, Vardenafil, or Tadalafil, the list of that kind of stuff goes on and on and in the end, it's all about the $$ to do the research.

After you prove efficacy then you have to perform the studies on dosage and administration (how to ingest/introduce the compound) and what's the standard for dosing the active ingredient, stability (how long can It be stored and at what rate does it degrade during storage), Pharmacokinetics (what's it actuating doing within the body), elimination (half-life and clearance what organs are involved and how long does it take), Adverse Events, Contra-indications, Side-effects, any "Black Box Warnings", etc, etc, etc.

Look at the little folded up sheets that come with just a bottle of aspirin or ibuprofen. You need that clinical data if you're going to make a medical claim/drug indication. Then of course there's the patent issue. You have 20yrs from the day you patent a compound (not a finished drug, just the active ingredient compound) to complete all of the work/studies then bring the drug to market and pay for all of the research, and of course, ultimately, make a few bucks for yourself. On average, you're going to use up about 1/2 of your patent life and ~2.5 BILLION $$ before you sell your 1st dose of medication.

You can say, "It's all the old cranks worried about THC"

I can say, "It's lazy doper potheads who don't want to do the actual WORK it takes to get a drug approved".

We'd both be a little bit right and a whole lot wrong.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
A little tidbit I thought I'd share in light of the addiction topic on here. Someone I know has had several back surgeries and has been on opies for pain. The opies make her painless (and clueless) so she keeps wrecking her back and blaming it on the surgeons and the hardware. After the 2nd surgery, out of concern for her health because her typing and emails started making less sense , I casually mentioned that some people have had good luck managing pain with CBD and MMJ.
She got irritated that I would even suggest that and she would never even think about it. So I just left it at that and I have quietly sat back and watched history repeat itself as she broke the rods or screws in her back again.

Fast foreword, We had coffee one day not so long ago and she was telling me that one of her grandchildren ended up in rehab because of an overdose and how tough of a time this young adult was going through, after we had talked about it for a while I asked if it was drinking or drugs and she told me no her and her friends took some CBD and it caused her to go into 3 days of hallucinations and she ended up in rehab for a week.

I tried to share my opinion that it must have been more that just CBD but she was all full of NOPE and totally convinced that it was CBD. To top it off the grandchild has now turned her life around and a big advocate against CBD. I damn near fell on the floor thinking that someone could get the wool pulled over thier eyes that bad.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
A little tidbit I thought I'd share in light of the addiction topic on here. Someone I know has had several back surgeries and has been on opies for pain. The opies make her painless (and clueless) so she keeps wrecking her back and blaming it on the surgeons and the hardware. After the 2nd surgery, out of concern for her health because her typing and emails started making less sense , I casually mentioned that some people have had good luck managing pain with CBD and MMJ.
She got irritated that I would even suggest that and she would never even think about it. So I just left it at that and I have quietly sat back and watched history repeat itself as she broke the rods or screws in her back again.

Fast foreword, We had coffee one day not so long ago and she was telling me that one of her grandchildren ended up in rehab because of an overdose and how tough of a time this young adult was going through, after we had talked about it for a while I asked if it was drinking or drugs and she told me no her and her friends took some CBD and it caused her to go into 3 days of hallucinations and she ended up in rehab for a week.

I tried to share my opinion that it must have been more that just CBD but she was all full of NOPE and totally convinced that it was CBD. To top it off the grandchild has now turned her life around and a big advocate against CBD. I damn near fell on the floor thinking that someone could get the wool pulled over thier eyes that bad.

When buying CBD on the internet and not from a reputable seller it is a crap shoot as to what one is actually getting.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

She might have gotten her bottles mixed up and OD'd on THC. The chances of CBD alone causing hallucinations is extremely small, however THC can do this, 3 days is unlikely though. I know someone that overdid the edibles once and they didnt feel good for a few days, but the primary effects of the THC were gone in about 8 hours... No need to go to the ER cuz OD on THC or CBD isnt life threatening unless you have serious preexisting conditions. You just gotta roll with it and have faith the rollercoaster will end eventually, or so ive heard...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are a few details that I didn't share . In the last 3 years this person went from 4.0 GPA in high school with full scholarship to quitting college and not being able to hold down a part time job. I didn't ask for details but it sounded like hospital or under some type of supervision for 3 days with hallucinations and then a week of rehab. I try my best not to jump to conclusions but it sounds like a cover up to be honest. One question I have is if someone is 21 would the family have access to the toxicology test ? The person doesn't exactly have a clean record for telling the truth, read and hear so much about on the news about fentanyl , does that drug cause this type of reaction ? It's a sad deal no matter what but I wish I knew for sure just out of curiosity. I know the whole family well and I'm guessing they would cover up for one of thier own just because they are a very anti drug family. wouldn't matter to them if it gave CBD a black eye or not but anything a DR. prescribes is just fine and dandy. I fished around for answers online and from what I can come up with is theres more to this story that what has been told.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.medpagetoday.com/primarycare/generalprimarycare/98967
yep even coffee with a little of the natural stuff is beneficial to ones health, who would have thunk

- - - Updated - - -

also was talking to a truck driver who brings us bituminous from over the north border said that you can buy a vaporizer that takes thc(CBD) oil cartridge's you can use for the whole house.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
legal or not everyone has the choice to use. Not sure why not tax it, somewhat regulate it, and let the sausage waiters wake and bake legally before every shift.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

Fly carpin, I havent saw you post anything in ages.. Are you still around ? If not, RIP. Your posts were always good for a chuckle or two.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have no problem with CBD it's your money. I tried four different different CBD potions and nothing. It didn't help inflammation at all, or do anything else. I have talked with over a dozen people I know personally and only one said it did anything.

As far as legalizing pot the liberals have been trying since the 1960 hippies. The media stifles some of the research like development of paranoia. A couple of the school shooters were pot heads. I can still hear the screachy voiced females of the 60s, its oooorgsaanic man.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cbd helps some people but not everyone, just like all the other meds on the market today. The stigma of Cbd being thc or the devils lettuce is interesting to be sure. As far as legalization goes I’m guessing some of the paranoia stems from the user being afraid they’re going to be locked up longer than some murderers or rapists are for smoking a plant. I’ll pretty much guarantee you the school shooters had a whole hell of a lot more problems than smoking weed. Some people can handle it and some can’t just like booze, tobacco or anything else. There are a ton of productive members of society that indulge after they punch the time clock and go home and it would seem more productive to me to concentrate on things that are way more damaging like opioids, fentanyl etc but pot definitely comes with some problems just like booze and tobacco. There definitely needs to be advancements in testing so you can see if someone is dui of it or working while on it. If you don’t there could be dangerous consequences or you could just wind up with emu brat instead of deer at your favorite sausage joint

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
IF the sausage waiter even remembers you ordered sausage. 50/50 shot with one particular sausage stoner.

Having hung out with numerous stoners my entire life (since 12 yrs old) I have learned that one of their least endearing qualities is that if you’re unhappy that their mistakes (due to their being high) pisses you off, they’re pretty sure it’s because of who YOU ARE, not their being high and screwing up.

i.e. it somehow releases them from any personal responsibility - their mistakes are your problem and not theirs.

Absolutely bonkers.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
IF the sausage waiter even remembers you ordered sausage. 50/50 shot with one particular sausage stoner.

Having hung out with numerous stoners my entire life (since 12 yrs old) I have learned that one of their least endearing qualities is that if you’re unhappy that their mistakes (due to their being high) pisses you off, they’re pretty sure it’s because of who YOU ARE, not their being high and screwing up.

i.e. it somehow releases them from any personal responsibility - their mistakes are your problem and not theirs.

Absolutely bonkers.

No arguments here. I’m just not totally convinced there’s a big difference between a stoner who’s baked out of their tree all day and a drunk who plows through a liter of whisky or vodka a day. Not really sure there’s a huge difference between someone taking a puff or two or a beer or two once a week after work to unwind. Hard to say though.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m not defending either. I have no problem with responsible recreation. Everything in moderation.

Working while stoned or drunk is pathetic.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70