Time to buy a new pickup?

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah wtf wife and I make homemade pasta a lot so figured wtf let’s get some more semolina flour make fresh homemade pasta since we’re gonna be spending a little more time at home. Nope gone at dans! Didn’t realize half the population even knew how to use that flour

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
That new 1/2 ton Chev diesel sure has been getting a glance from me... 29 on the highway for a 4x4. I'm a Ford guy through and through, but legit 29 on the highway is something to think about. Could get rid of a work car and my current pickup and have everything all in one.

The newer 1/2 ton diesels have me very intrigued as well. Just unsure if the cost of ownership/maintenance is going to out weight the mpg savings cost. But it would sure be nice to get that mileage on longer trips

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
As a chevy dealer I'm not impressed with this little inline 6cyc diesel with 277 hp,but if a guy doesn't have a heavy foot and doesn't pull a heavy trailer this is your huckle berry,for $3500 engine upgrade,keep away from from the gas 4.3lit engine as it has issues,5.3 is okay 6.2lit is better with a 10spd tranny just my .02
The newer 1/2 ton diesels have me very intrigued as well. Just unsure if the cost of ownership/maintenance is going to out weight the mpg savings cost. But it would sure be nice to get that mileage on longer trips

- - - Updated - - -

Your LB7 duramax is a great engine,maybe the best GM put out,have custmers with over 400k on that powertrain still running great(injectors changed at 150k nothing major since
Doesn't sound like you need to own a truck at all.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hmmmm GM/chevy came out with zero/ 0% for 84 months that should light a fire on for some.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hmmmm GM/chevy came out with zero/ 0% for 84 months that should light a fire on for some.

Pretty dam sad a guy has to finance a truck for 7 years in order to make it affordable to the common man! Especially with the depreciation of vehicles most people will be underwater on the loan for 4-5 years into it. The prices of vehicles is out of control!

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed,have a diesel HD crew high country here for $99,000k,but with that said our vehicles last a lot longer than they did 20 years ago,better mpg's,warrenties we didn't have long ago,hell I have a 10yr crown vic in the house hold with 250k,rust proofed when new,no rust just keeps on ticking,besides a guy can take the cash rebate option,regular car loan %rates are at 2-3% with good credit...it all helps

Last edited:

That guy

Honored Member
Just seen a year old Chevy diesel with 29,000 miles went for 71,000 new he is selling for $48000. He used to work in the oilfields. Guessing there will be more deals like that. Interest rates are low so i would suggest looking into some of these before new.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
have a customer waiting for his factory order chevy,he's trading his 2013 crew diesel when his new trucks gets here been waiting since december,his trade ,diesel with 18k miles on it,the guy trained horses for the city police dept and retired,doesn't need the 2500HD any longer,its a loaded LTZ model,i'm guessing it will sell for around $40k if his new truck ever gets here?don't deal much with used vehicles

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77