Hoarders what should be done

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I can tell you one skill I got from my grandparents that I have even more appreciation for now is canning.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am upping my 401k deduction % again. I prefer to think we will rebound strong as ever.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
So could someone tell me why people are hoarding? Its not like there is a big conspiracy out there that the world is going to end. That people are dying by the thousands. Is this all this panic and hoarding done by word of mouth from family member to family members? I just don't understand what is going on

Lunker, It's the lack of comprehension combined with social media. There's good social media and there's bad social media. Thank You Vollmer for providing this site where a guy can come and get schooled, argue a bit , stand behind our opinions and still half ways get along without the need to get even by throwing each others under the bus on a daily basis.

I used to enjoy facebook to keep in contact with people but the last few weeks I just shake my head when I look at it. Those that know the least post the most and for every fool post there are a dozen people with not much common sense that take it as gospel and repost it and the stupid rages on like a wild fire. Some are old people that should know better, I can see if it was kids but damn there are some crazy posts on there.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Speaking of V..................is he still around or did he get the virus????????? :;:huh

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anyone heard from Wags? I wonder what that rascal is up to considering the company he keeps.

ffjr

Founding Member
Founding Member
All i can say, is that all the hoarders end up shitting their pants before getting to use the TP they hoarded.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
About the only thing a person can really do to minimize the amount you're affected by other's hoarding, is to keep a decent supply of staples in your own home. I'm not saying a grocery-store worth of stuff buried in your back-yard. I'm saying some non-perishable food items that don't require a lot of prep to be ready to eat.

A person doesn't need a pallet of bleach, but, a gallon bottle can usually be purchased for ~$1.00, a gallon or 2 comes in useful. 3-4wks of TP shouldn't take up a whole closet, but, should allow a person to nestle-in worry free. A new container or 2 worth of disinfectant/lysol, you don't need a case, just a bottle or 2.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

Blizzards, ice storms, downed power lines, tornados, and/or floods are things that can home-bound anyone in this part of the world easily for 1-2 wks at the right/wrong time of year.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can tell you, it was a bad couple of weeks to butcher/process. Took me a while to find some food saver bags. Thankfully we got it done and the freezers are full!

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Finished 300 pounds of deer sausage at the prefect time. I might have the shits and no toilet paper but im not going to run out of food.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just heard on the radio this morning. One way Denmark is using to keep people from hoarding is the example they used was shampoo. The 1st one purchased is regular price, say it was $ 4.49, second purchased was $149.95. These were not the exact numbers used, but close. I'm on board with it.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd just love to witness it happening. I'd put it on video and public shame the HELL out of the person(s), including the vehicle they drive away in. These folks have lost their emotional control. I'm also assuming these are a majority of female buyers???

#$%^&>

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76