Hoarders what should be done

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since retirement went to work in retail to pass the time and keep me in beer money, then this virus bullshit happened and now I am seeing the true stupid in what I thought was normal people. Last Sunday evening an asshole came in and bought two shopping carts full of toilet paper and stacked them on the till, another guy was watching then took his picture with his phone and told him that he won the dumb ass of the day award. Had a hard time not to laugh in the dumb assets face but agreed with the pic taker, so the other day limits came out on bread, milk eggs, and other things and a certain family in town, the mom tried to tell me that there was 6 in her family so she needed that many loaves of bread , told her the limit was 3, she returned a half hour later with two of her kids and guess what we were out 9 more loaves, two hours later the dad shows up and tries to buy 6 loaves, told only three , total news to him. Today stopped in to check on thing since it was my day off, and was told vender dropped off 63 dozen eggs, and extra milk, great , went back down to get a few things later and noticed no eggs, and mom and son and dad all in line with at least 3 dozen each standing in line at the till. Just pisses me off, thanks for the vent. Happy Pandemic, Merry apocalypse, and a good Armegeddon to you

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
At the first hint of hoarding the retail establishments should have started limiting purchases. But hind sight is 20/20

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Greed Greed and more Greed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's frustrating for sure. Luckily I was taught from a young age to always keep some food storage on hand. The only thing I had to get a little extra was vitamins and my protein powder. Other than that, we've been living the same as before. And I feel like my family will get through this mess and barely notice any changes from before, during and after. Boy scout Motto? Well, I'm ready to help!

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
At the first hint of hoarding the retail establishments should have started limiting purchases. But hind sight is 20/20

The managers/grocery store owners knew right away what was going on. They were selling a bunch of shit and that’s all that mattered.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
The wife went to the grocery store ( the north Market Place)at 9 to mail a couple packages for the neighbors (they are over 70) as she had sewn some masks for her daughter and son-in-law who work in health care in Fargo. And my wife wanted to get some things we needed at the store while she was there. Lots of shelves still empty and people with carts heaping full. As she is checking out with here 5 or 6 bags of niceties, there are people complaining that the store is limiting purchases on certain goods. Its called SHARING people. You can still and will be able to in the near future go to the store. Leave some for the other people that need it.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
the examples the op listed are just that - hording... in williston we are facing lots of shortages also...

i was pist about it at first, but then thought about it a different way... in our little microcosm, i'd say about 1/2 of the young oilfield employees are used to stopping at a c store in the morning on the way to work and will drop 20-$30 for breakfast and lunch for the day, then get home at night and go out for supper... with the work stoppages and hours being cut now, the fastest way to save a buck is to not spend 50-$75 per day on food... i think a lot of people around here are taking that step out of need or fear because of the current situation... if lasts very long, the retailers will adjust to the trend and increase in store volume, but it will take a bit... hopefully this is not the new normal around here but time will tell...

i really feel sorry for the restaurant owners and employees... total loss of wages plus tips for the workers, and probably thousands of $ of inventory that cannot be frozen for the owners...

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Stocking up when things are on sale is one thing but 500 rolls of TP is ass-nine.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My wife was talking to one of the Walmart supervisors. They said once this is over if people come in with a bunch of toilet paper, medications and such because of this. They will not allow them to return it

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/costco-not-accepting-returns-items.amp

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This is not the way to fix Social Security. I want to be around until its bled dry.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I hope to hell none of your schmucks hoard and buy all of the damn smelt so I can go long pole fishing from shore for northerns. Damn, I need to go get some white vinegar to pickle some pike. So don’t hoard the vinegar either. :mad:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was ok with the toilet paper, hand sanitize, bread, milk, eggs, the canned goods, and misc items but today I stopped at SAMs and they are out the 3 lb blocks of sliced cheese. The greedy bastards are now hoarding cheese.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76