Call the dow (5/1)!

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting dilemma, we had a supposed boom economy yet that booming economy couldn't handle even 2 weeks of shock without needing 2+ trillion injected into it like magic. Maybe it wasn't so great in the first place? Now even through phase 3 it is a very real situation that many folks will be making more on welfare than they were working so no rush to provide for oneself, sounds like a progressive's wet dream but this time both sides are full on board and phase 4 will most certainly double down on the same magical cash shipment. Will it all be wasted? IDK. It most certainly won't be put into a savings accounts or even pay rent, so the retail especially online will get a bump but what happens when all those folks spent their payments on xboxes and nikes? Will the government say you're on your own? Doubt it. How much more stimulus can the government handle before it goes into pillage for it's own survival mode? I already feel like I can't vote for any incumbents in this state now and I feel there will be zero redemption for them in the near future. 24, 471

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Mine at 24442 with one at 24471 and other at 24107.
With in 29 points one way and 364 the other way.

Looking good for a win at 24289. db

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Would be willing to sell my pick. Make offer.

Redneck1

Pretty nice week for the stock market. Hard to believe its going back up considering the current covid economy. Looks like it hit its bottom a few weeks ago and investors are jumping back in. Will it continue to increase??

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
im thinking that in 08 bust it went up close to 30 percent from low before tanking down to its final bottom

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
a win?? -- some of cashed out at yesterday --- and were waiting for the big drop

Lets put it this way----- the sitting at home watching netflix ordering online china made shit economy is not going to withstand very long.

Corporate profits and projected corporate profits --- when they come out with those ---- thats when the shit is going to hit the fan --- take that along with consumer spending for homes, vehicles etc -- all that will be so far down its a domino effect. You better have some big balls ===== i am surprised Dean hasnt posted a graph yet.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the injection of trillions in stimulus and improving outlook of Covid, I don’t think we retest the bottom again. Even the earnings and guidance coming up is already priced into the market. I think we probably bounce around for a while, but I’m not sure we even see 20k again unless something changes like another spike in Covid as soon as people start going back to normal.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the injection of trillions in stimulus and improving outlook of Covid, I don’t think we retest the bottom again. Even the earnings and guidance coming up is already priced into the market. I think we probably bounce around for a while, but I’m not sure we even see 20k again unless something changes like another spike in Covid as soon as people start going back to normal.

This thing will drag out until a vacinne --- every industry will be impacted huge. To be real honest the dow as of yesterday really wasnt much different than then a year or two ago --- but when you look at orverall impact -- its going to be big, how fast were back on track is what is unknown. Wuhan just opening this week. Its april -- 76 days --- that will be eternity and then that is a slow open. . I dont know anyone that is buying anything except beer, netflix, amazon chinese shit, tackle (no big ticket items). Anybody with a contract is finishing it out (builders etc) -but new contracts are iffy--- nobody is making any big moves (hence why trumpo wants the infastructure bills).

Most corporations are looking at this a 3 more quarters of bad. We know they will come out with bad numbers - but if they predict bad numbers that is where the market falls - -and yes it will fall below 20k imo

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
i think the only guarantee at this point is if Biden is elected the markets will tank.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm in the monies, Yes i'm in the monies,

Quess of 24442 and now is 23719.
723 points to go in 20 days.
so 723/20 equals 36 points per day
36 divided by pie is 11.4 and add 13 equals 24 which is the first two numbers of my quess.
Now i used the same logical on the other numbers and

I'm in the monies, i'm in the monies. db

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
i think the only guarantee at this point is if Biden is elected the markets will tank.
Part of the reason the market went up this week was Bernie dropping out of the race, making Biden the nominee. Biden doesn't really scare me as far as the market goes, the market did just fine under Obama.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66