Non Resident license reduction time for fishing? hunting?

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tourism dollars are fantastic! heck I am a blue plater transplant from years ago. I still have prop in blue plate country. My only discussion point is.... if this shit get real,,should we as a state or any state allow every and any person..infected or not.. go anywhere they please? question of the day
Let us all hope this crap ends soon!!

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Neighbors who are snowbirds are self quarantined. Much to the chagrin to my daughter who loves them. But, I thank em

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
guess I can really stir the pot:;:duel, big game licenses (deer, moose, elk) issued only to the unit the applicant lives in. keep people from traveling all over the state.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
guess I can really stir the pot:;:duel, big game licenses (deer, moose, elk) issued only to the unit the applicant lives in. keep people from traveling all over the state.

well hell, let's go with gratis only....

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Indoor public fish cleaning station near Ed's bait in Devil's now closed. Starting to get real folks.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Read on another site (in-depth outdoors) that ND has suspended the sale of NR fishing licenses. Not seeing it announced anywhere so assuming it's a rumor at this time?

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
saw it on face book so it must be true, not selling NR fishing license wont be for sale until after the virus is better

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let’s hope that’s true. If this is really as bad as we’re led to believe it’s an easy decision to make.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are back on sale . Devils lake guides and resorts complained enough . Let’s just pillage the lake and feeder lakes

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have always been a supporter of non-residents since I frequently travel out of state to hunt and fish. That was in normal times, this is not normal times. Lots of snowbirds coming back are required to quarantine for 14 days, why not non-resident fisherman. In the DL area most of those fisherman are from MN, doesn't that state have a shelter in place order? Or at least very restricted travel?

For this state it would make sense to restrict that travel until this situation is on the mend. If it's true that the guides and outfitters of the DL area complained I understand their desire to make a living. Too bad. The health of our states citizens trumps your money desire, suck it up like all the other business owners that have been required to adjust their livelihood during this crisis. Every bar owner and restaurant owner has been required to adjust. Students are studying from home, Frankly, I don't see Gov. Burgum caving to tha kind of pressure when he's handled every other crisis, in my opinion, with reason and thought .

Right now if I would try to cross the border into Canada to fish, pretty sure the Border Patrol would be laughing when asking, "Explain to me how that is essential travel."

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
The worst part is most of the somewhat rational Non-residents will stay home. We will get the "don't give a fu**s".

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gonna be a HUGE increase in deer tags this fall. $$$$$$$$$
There will be . Guessing another 8-10k tags . It was a easy winter so herds are probably doing ok and there will be many more tags in some areas . 10,000 more tags is another 300k$

- - - Updated - - -

The worst part is most of the somewhat rational Non-residents will stay home. We will get the "don't give a fu**s".
Yup there’ll be plenty of 4-8 lbers getting the knife

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Might as well raise the tag numbers way up there won’t be many people alive to hunt next year

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND Game & Fish Facebook page says NR fishing licenses will be available for sale online April 1, 2020.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
AE384B6C-3B54-44F5-AB3D-715F7106A1A6.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105