Outdoor photo request

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is Kauai. I was walking the beach and watching this thinking it was just a big whirl wind. It came ashore about 200 yards south of me. People started running and I was wondering what the big deal was. Then beach chairs, umbellas, and ice chests started scattering over the palms and into town. 497757-sana-lantana-nude.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

In 1979 I worked construction on a Formaldehyde plant in Texas City, TX. I saw 5 of these "water spouts" in one storm out in the Gulf of Mexico but I never saw one come on shore. Impressive.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A badlands raven. Cannot seem to get a good magpie picture.

i-ZSGfWFJ-XL.jpg

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
???????? Is that you in camo behind the branches? I hope its nothing real obviouse or Im going to feel stupid. :)

Nobody hiding in this pic. I just liked how the tree was almost lying down and the branches were all growing vertically. Sometimes you have to adjust to survive!

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nobody hiding in this pic. I just liked how the tree was almost lying down and the branches were all growing vertically. Sometimes you have to adjust to survive!
I thought you may be pulling a Bev Dolittle on us. That is neat how trees do that. I once had a really nice buck at 15 yards standing behind a wall of boxelder branches like that for ten minutes and I knew I couldnt get an arrow through it.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79