Lawn Care - Scott's 4-Step Program

CWS

Founding Member
Founding Member
I usually use the Menards weed and feed all summer, I love me a lush lawn as well. Then spot spray for weeds. And I bag my lawn every time I mow, the growing season isn't long enough for mulch to benefit. Does anybody aerate? Ive considered it but I usually run the dethatcher over it in the spring. Also how do you all fix pee spots in the spring??

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member

Feildhunter701

Founding Member
Founding Member

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
People really enjoy my yard. I get compliments all the time.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
After having 7-9 acres to mow at the farm which we sometimes had to mow twice per week, to now living in Payson where you can not have a lawn unless you are "grandfathered" in from years ago. We have rock or gravel for a yard and just spray round up on the few little shoots of weeds that come up. Water is such a commodity here they don't want you to irrigate for a grass yard.
Perfect i say after years of mowing that big farm yard it doesn't bother me one bit not to have grass. My bride misses the grass but not me.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Google Dallis Grass. Thought I had crabgrass but have Dallis grass. Pain in the butt just like crabgrass.

This is what I have. Everyone told me it was crabgrass, but this is definitely what it is. I started pulling them out, but it leaves big holes in the yard due to how they cluster. Gonna have to figure out how to get rid of it this year.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is what I have. Everyone told me it was crabgrass, but this is definitely what it is. I started pulling them out, but it leaves big holes in the yard due to how they cluster. Gonna have to figure out how to get rid of it this year.

I have a strip of lawn beside my RV pad that I experimented on. In the fall, as it seems to dry/die out, it is very easy to pull. And with bare hands you can feel the texture of this grass vs lawn grass so it is easy to find every blade and then pull it. Easy to pull in a cluster at first then finish up pulling those you missed. I put some black dirt in and planted grass seed. Seemed to last about 2-3 years then back it came. Not sure if in same spots I pulled or not/couldn't tell. So that is where I am at to date. Have patches of this dallis grass all over my lawn but was worst where I experimented with it. Tempted to rip it up and cement right up to the property line; about a 3 foot wide strip by 50 or 60 feet long. But don't think that is legal.

I've got some farm chemicals, will give it a try on spot spraying it. May end up with round dead spots but what the heck!! I'll start off gently so that maybe won't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Any luck getting rid of it? Whatever I have, the only luck I have had is round-up, dig it out after it's been dead, and new sod down.

temporarily; see above.

- - - Updated - - -

My 4 step program:

1. Roundup the shit out of the yard until the grass is completely dead.

2. Put this shit down: https://www.homedepot.com/p/GREENLI...for-Outdoor-Landscape-GLCLAS54F1525/204256813

3. Sell the mower and any other lawn care shit you had.

4. Buy beer and enjoy your beautiful yard from the deck while getting shit faced. Or go fishing or hunting instead!

Seam tape $22.50 per linear foot HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
What are the round patches of broad leaf called? and how does a person get rid of that, I have dug them up and reseeded and still have them in the yard

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67