Is now the time to stock up on ammo?

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
With the corona kicking off the 2020 ammo rush do you guys think this shortage will just continue into the election without a break for things to get caught up and back to normal? Will this last longer than 2020?

It’s been tough to find .223 for less that .45 cents a round so is it worth sticking up on expensive ammo or just wait for things to settle down if they ever? Also been tough to find any 9mm for less than .28 cents a round. I used to pay .16 to .18 for 9mm and .34 cents for .223 for non steel case rounds. Are pmags next? I know cheap AR parts are all sold out. Just wondering what you all are doing?

Happycamper

Honored Member
I'll pay the going rate but prefer home made hand loads. I'm more than ready, and I don't need to rapid fire.

RPNLPS

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I pop a few loads off in the ol lady here and there !!! Got an endless supply of that so far

Coalburner

Honored Member
You have to wait a bit but that bismanguns has some really cheap ammo on their website and it seems to be in stock for the most part.

dodgeguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the corona kicking off the 2020 ammo rush do you guys think this shortage will just continue into the election without a break for things to get caught up and back to normal? Will this last longer than 2020?

It’s been tough to find .223 for less that .45 cents a round so is it worth sticking up on expensive ammo or just wait for things to settle down if they ever? Also been tough to find any 9mm for less than .28 cents a round. I used to pay .16 to .18 for 9mm and .34 cents for .223 for non steel case rounds. Are pmags next? I know cheap AR parts are all sold out. Just wondering what you all are doing?

Who cares, more important things to worry about than the price of ammo right now.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Was in Scheels in Minot on Thursday, looked liked everything was about gone

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You have to wait a bit but that bismanguns has some really cheap ammo on their website and it seems to be in stock for the most part.

No .223 or 9mm instock on their website

- - - Updated - - -

Who cares, more important things to worry about than the price of ammo right now.
It’s not about the price it’s about whether to buy now or not.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you need ammo to go shoot, then yes...buy all you need.

If you need ammo to put in the closet for 2022, then you'd be a fool for buying now.

The time to buy ammo, guns, stock in good companies, and vehicles is always when others are not.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is not a "they are going to take my guns away buy" ---- this is a survival mode when the country has 40% unemployment - and you go to work in the morning and have a gun stuck up against your head -- some guy just wanting food money.

If we keep having the mentality of you cant go work from all these people that are sitting on their ass at home ---- and you dont have a supply weapons and ammo --- then buy buy buy

[h=1]Get In There, Mortimer, and Buy![/h]

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
And when was the last time someone had to hole up and expend 1500 rounds of ammo defending his family from interlopers?

Buying bulk ammo right now is just a great way to put yourself in the poor house.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
And when was the last time someone had to hole up and expend 1500 rounds of ammo defending his family from interlopers?

Buying bulk ammo right now is just a great way to put yourself in the poor house.

Yep, I always have that in my mind too. I can see trying to get some if you are in danger of not having enough for the fall hunting seasons but what exact survival advantage will it be having 10000 rounds of .22 or .223 or any caliber for that matter? If things get that bad I don't think any amount of ammo is going to help you survive much longer than anyone else. But hey, go for it, it's your money. I've got plenty of ammo around but it never occurs to me to buy more whenever something happens. Perhaps it's the fear that you won't be able to get any more for a couple years. I guess that's why I buy when it's cheap and keep enough around for a couple years supply of hunting.

gone_fishing

Founding Member
Founding Member

If you need ammo to put in the closet for 2022, then you'd be a fool for buying now.

The time to buy ammo, guns, stock in good companies, and vehicles is always when others are not.

Same here. The only ammo I really ever stock up on is when 12 gauge is on sale since I shoot at least a 1500 rounds during the summer trap season. We'll see if that even happens this year but if it doesn't I'll be ready for next year. Not sure if those are stocking up think some sort of zombie apocalypse is coming where those with the most ammo win? At least ammo keeps (assuming you store it right) but don't see the need to bulk up now just because.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member

If you have your way with this country and lock everyone down until the virus is gone --- your currency will be worth shit --- the ammo will keep its value. Better than the stock market by a mile.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you have your way with this country and lock everyone down until the virus is gone --- your currency will be worth shit --- the ammo will keep its value. Better than the stock market by a mile.

Dead people don't spend shit.

On that same note, I just bought 1,000 rounds of ammo an hour ago. It will get the son and I off to a good start for shooting clay targets this summer. When that supply runs low, I will buy some more. But I sure as hell ain't so stupid as to think I'm doing it as a financial investment, it's an investment in quality time with the boy and nothing more.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dead people?? Everybody going to die --- yup yup -- -time to turn off cnn and nexflix

Poor desperate people without jobs -- now that may ring a bell. Guns and Ammo -- vs the stock market --- after the last couple weeks - i will take the guns and ammo please.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who here has typed "everyone going to die" outside of your own post?

Don't watch CNN, and have no idea what NEXFLIX may be, please try again.

Look, I get it. You don't care how many people are affected by the virus. Really, I think you've made your position clear. But to encourage people to buy ammo because the unemployed are gonna come and take away our TP and ???? is fucking asinine. I guess if you're a pisspoor shot, feel free to go buy 1500 rounds of 223 or whatever your choice of weapon may be. I'm confident enough in my marksmanship to be able to defend my house and family with my standard supply of ammo.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member

You are assuming we will still be able buy .223 or 9mm ammo in 2021......... if the Dems win who knows what they might pull.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you weren’t stocking up the last four years when it was cheap and plentiful you may have missed the boat. Hopefully we recover from this shortly and Trump gets re-elected so we can get back to where we were. The tone of liberal candidates this election cycle is downright scary. I dread the day they regain power. It’s not gonna be pretty for gun owners or your freedoms.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
And when was the last time someone had to hole up and expend 1500 rounds of ammo defending his family from interlopers? Buying bulk ammo right now is just a great way to put yourself in the poor house.

Quiet you, I’ve got ammo to sell.

Federal .223 55gr FMJ is $230/500 or $450/1,000. I’ve got a little .308, 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP too. Interest buyers are welcome to send me a PM. Get it fast before the other guys beat you to it! Don’t want to be out of ammo when the Bernie voters show up to claim their fair share of TP!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66