Cancel Turkey Season?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Think they'll cancel it like they did paddlefishing season? If the governor issues a stay at home order, does that mean it's postponed? Turkey hunting is probably one of the most social distancing activities I can think of.

Are you high? Where do you get such good weed?

- - - Updated - - -

Unnecessary contact between hunters and landowners.

There's these things called telephones, you can talk to people with them. Oh and if you knock on someone's door, just back up 10 or 20 ft. You don't have to shake hands.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
What unit in the grasslands are you hunting?

Anywhere from the tobacco gardens area to north of Medora. I have to kids with tags so we are able to hunt the whole state. It's really my first year officially hunting turkeys. So it will be a lot of trial and error. Our camping idea got squashed with the wintry mix on saturday followed by the cold on sunday. We'll see what happens I guess.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Montana suspended turkey and spring bear for non-residents

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOL.

“In short, we’re not totally sure. Because the turkey is a ground-nesting bird, there are a lot of things that impact production, and they likely interact over space and time,” Fricke says. “Certainly predators have always been a source of nest or poult loss, and that’s true for every upland nesting or ground bird out there. But more importantly, weather and environmental conditions [are changing]. We have also seen losses in habitat quantity and habitat quality.”

Yep, climate change. Cuz turkeys are so unadaptable and only exist in a narrow range of climates. The manatees of the bird family.

#### these absolute clown agencies and their climate change fraud. 😡

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOL.

“In short, we’re not totally sure. Because the turkey is a ground-nesting bird, there are a lot of things that impact production, and they likely interact over space and time,” Fricke says. “Certainly predators have always been a source of nest or poult loss, and that’s true for every upland nesting or ground bird out there. But more importantly, weather and environmental conditions [are changing]. We have also seen losses in habitat quantity and habitat quality.”

Yep, climate change. Cuz turkeys are so unadaptable and only exist in a narrow range of climates. The manatees of the bird family.

#### these absolute clown agencies and their climate change fraud. 😡
We need a "double hell yes" cartoon thingy.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75