Cancel Turkey Season?

drayweb

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Think they'll cancel it like they did paddlefishing season? If the governor issues a stay at home order, does that mean it's postponed? Turkey hunting is probably one of the most social distancing activities I can think of.

Last edited:

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would quite possibly take Thoreau’s approach on that one.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I kind of understand why they canceled paddle fishing as it reminds me a little of an adult spring break. Not saying it’s right, but I think I understand the angle. Hunting of any kind and fishing of any other kind however seems, like you said, as one of the easiest activities to do and enjoy while practicing social distancing. Turkey hunting probably on the utmost social distancing end of the spectrum. Time will tell I guess.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
We don't need that kind of negativity in our lives right now!

Speaking of turkey, I haven't got the tags for my kids yet...any thoughts as to why?

drayweb

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Speaking of turkey, I haven't got the tags for my kids yet...any thoughts as to why?

Have you bought their general game and small game licences yet?

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Most likely they don't have their General Game license. Need that before they send out the turkey tag. Available online.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I highly highly doubt that they will cancel turkey season. If they cancel turkey hunting season that is basically like them telling people not to go outside and do any activities. I understand why they cancelled paddle fishing season. Its hard to practice social distancing with paddle fishing.

drayweb

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Unnecessary contact between hunters and landowners.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
do you have to stay in the campgrounds in the grasslands, or can you pick a spot just off the road and camp?

Tillerman2095

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got my turkey tag in the mail last week. We should be good to go, not a lot of socializing going on with turkey hunting.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not to sounds preachy, but let’s all play it smart with what is a “necessary” stop during spring hunting/fishing trips. It’s only gonna take one frustrated nurse going on her 15th straight shift or some Karen pissed because she can’t go for her daily gossip coffee to see a bunch of camo clad guys walking into a gas station over a short amount of time to buy combos and sun seeds and they go complaining to the wrong person. Thats likely the scenario that ruins it for everyone. It’s not your “ social distancing” while you hunt or fish they care about, it’s the unnecessary stops that come with it.

Add those gas station snacks you usually buy to the weekly grocery list and wear gloves/use disposables while buying fuel. Again, even if you think it’s all BS, it’s only gonna take one wrong person to watch a group of boats filling up touching gas pumps and going inside to buy unnecessary crap! Best of luck this spring everyone!

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not to sounds preachy, but let’s all play it smart with what is a “necessary” stop during spring hunting/fishing trips. It’s only gonna take one frustrated nurse going on her 15th straight shift or some Karen pissed because she can’t go for her daily gossip coffee to see a bunch of camo clad guys walking into a gas station over a short amount of time to buy combos and sun seeds and they go complaining to the wrong person. Thats likely the scenario that ruins it for everyone. It’s not your “ social distancing” while you hunt or fish they care about, it’s the unnecessary stops that come with it.

Add those gas station snacks you usually buy to the weekly grocery list and wear gloves/use disposables while buying fuel. Again, even if you think it’s all BS, it’s only gonna take one wrong person to watch a group of boats filling up touching gas pumps and going inside to buy unnecessary crap! Best of luck this spring everyone!

This^^^^

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
B9EF79C1-17D6-4163-9005-2765519A48B7.jpeg

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hell cancel the whole dam year, we can start over next year, what a f cking mess

drayweb

★★★★★ Legendary Member
do you have to stay in the campgrounds in the grasslands, or can you pick a spot just off the road and camp?

What unit in the grasslands are you hunting?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74