Camper Re-model

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been kicking around getting an older pull-type camper and remodeling it into a hunting camper. Has anyone out there done this and if so what kind of changes did you do? If not, what do you think would be a good addition/deletion to make a camper more hunter friendly. With everything going on now I may be a good time to start this project.

One thing I would do is insulate the water tank and gray/black water tanks, I would run the water lines inside the duct work, etc., basically so it could be used during cold weather with a lower chance of freezing up.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
we have done some stuff to make them into ice shacks. Other than insulating the water tanks i would do nothing else. They are put together so cheap and are a pain in the ass to work on and do any thing to its not even worth it.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buy one with an arctic package.

Fresh potable water is always the Achilles heel.

When we hunted Caribou in AK and had to filter our water daily, it was ~2Gal/person/day for drinking and cooking. Beyond that, even a really fast shower will use 5-6gal. Unless, you wet yourself do all your washing and then rinse. Then you could probably keep it down to ~1.5-2Gal/shower.

4 people figure at least 10gal/day.

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buy one with an arctic package.

Fresh potable water is always the Achilles heel.

When we hunted Caribou in AK and had to filter our water daily, it was ~2Gal/person/day for drinking and cooking. Beyond that, even a really fast shower will use 5-6gal. Unless, you wet yourself do all your washing and then rinse. Then you could probably keep it down to ~1.5-2Gal/shower.

4 people figure at least 10gal/day.

I was looking at buying a older one, so not sure the odds of finding an arctic package? We have a camper just nothing I want to pull hunting. Maybe a guy should put in a new larger tank?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75