Spring of 2020

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
10-15- 20 yrs from now as we look back on the spring of 2020, besides COVID, what things have you done to occupy your time that will you look back upon? We all know what we were doing and where we were that fateful day on 911. Nothing really drastic for me but a couple come to mind for me that i am doing or will be doing.
1. Organized computer room- gave the shredder a real work out shredding papers/forms/invoices/vehicle insurance renewals, etc etc etc. Why oh why oh why did it take a pandemic to get rid of some of this crap?? Local paper recycle dumpster got a couple garbage bags of my shredded stuff!
2. Pulled out my life insurance policies from the safe and made sure they were all updated with current beneficiary info, etc. Hopefully the wife/kid wont be collecting anytime soon..haha
3. Decided to go on the wagon for the month of April...still on the wagon so that is good. Busch light NA in a frozen mug with a couple jalapeno garlic stuffed greek olives is not bad at all! I think i am on my way to making the whole month.
4. Eat better/exercise more. Lose 15 lbs total.. 8-10lbs for April with a stretch goal of 12lb. So far i am trending in the right direction in this goal.
5. Learn to play guitar. Bought a guitar about 10 yrs ago with the intention/goal of learning to play. A good buddy of mine said he would teach me. He died a number of years ago so i really haven't touched it. It is sitting in a case in the corner collecting dust so i made the decision i will attempt to learn via youtube during these times of stay at home... we shall see if i can make this goal happen as i do want to look back in 10 yrs and say this was the time i learned.
6. Went thru and sorted old photo albums(before pics on phones). My wife's dad inst getting any younger and neither are my parents so we went about organizing pics of them.
Making lemonade out of the lemons that this country is going through right now.
What have you guys been doing to keep yourself occupied?

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
@3Roosters Occupying time has been pretty easy over the few days that I've taken off from work to hang out with my boys (ages 5 and 3) --- and in the evenings while my wife has been working late (Director of Nursing in Bismarck).

Organization has been something that I've tried to accomplish, but has taken a back-burner to playing with the boys. We've done some work/tech things, such as help me with some tree-cleaning work, getting the garden area ready, fire safety, general spring clean-up around the yard, etc. We've also done a lot of fun things: searching for turkey feathers/sheds in the trees, learning how to cast/retrieve by yourself (they are getting better each day), snowball fights when the snow was still here.

The one thing I'd like to work on in the next few weeks is actually learning how to use my Fenwick fly-fishing set-up I bought a few years ago from Dakota Tackle. Already know how to play the guitar, but am going to take that same idea and check out some YouTube videos to see if I can get the hang of it.

I also have an inexpensive, older metal detector that my brother lent me. After some of the posts on here, might be something the boys and I can occupy our time with around the property. They love to dig and explore and find treasures, I think they'd get a kick out of it.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I had pneumonia with a visit to the hospital for IV antibiotics and then some quality time in bed recovering.

I've been trying to get caught up on my reloading and gun cleaning but have lots more to do.

Also been working with the Lab I got in July that replaced the one from last Jan. This one is a real fucking pain in the ass not like the last 7 Labs I've had.

Now I'm working on sorting shit in the shop and making enough room to work on and get my Willys running by mid summer. I had a Suburban in front of the shop for 9 months and finally got the auto transmission/transfer case out of it last Sat. Next is pulling the manual trans/trans case out of the Willys so I can put the new to me auto trans in. Swap is a 4 speed manual to a 4 speed auto, which gets me 2 pedals instead of 3 which was a pain in the ass. I'll take the hand throttle I made and put it on the auto shifter it's nice to have.

I also decided I needed to get out at least once a week for half a day even if all I did was sit and have a cigar in the middle of nowhere.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
All kinds of things around the house that were left undone the last few years.

But like you rooster i have been working on a ton of pictures and papers that my sister gave me over the last few years that had been sitting in storage about our background.
I see she got as far back as the 1600. I think every guy's first name was Krick and the women Anna. Then they change their names when they came over here. Been a challenge puting it in order. It appears it was a big thing to get family pictures back then and at least now i have an imagine of them.
So connecting to my fore fathers on both sides.
Have 73 cousins and maybe knew about 12-15 of them at best.

Also my dad was in a band back in the thirties. Have his bango, guitar and harmonica from back then. Some sheet music from back then along with some instruction on how to play. Back in the 1950 he got himself an electric guitar and so maybe but I have no ideal about music. db

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The year 2020, Will we have 20/20 foresight or 20/20 hindsight, that will be the question.::thinking::::thinking::::thinking::::thinking::.YOU ALL STAY SAFE NOW YEAH HEAR. LB

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
A714DFCE-0C6F-42BD-B987-04D915189CE2.jpg

490FD471-CD57-4922-8477-0A6965CA1746.jpg

Cv-19 and working from home allowed us the opportunity to get this puppy. Without all of this extra time we’d probably have tried to figure out a started or finished dog.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aside from keeping 6’ distance not a thing different than normal

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Threw out my Skoal Wintergreen after 20 years

No one likes a quitter! jk good for you. I know how tough giving up nicotine is. I smoke and chew. I want to quit both. Hadn't had a dip of Copenahgen all winter, broke down and bought a can, when it ran out I all i could think of was one more dip. Really need to dump the smokes to. I hate being Marlboros little bitch.

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No one likes a quitter! jk good for you. I know how tough giving up nicotine is. I smoke and chew. I want to quit both. Hadn't had a dip of Copenahgen all winter, broke down and bought a can, when it ran out I all i could think of was one more dip. Really need to dump the smokes to. I hate being Marlboros little bitch.

I have quite twice for 6 months before and went back. This time I got real serious after my 6 and 8 year old were hounding me. Tough to look them in the eye and say no I do not want to. This time I quit and started using Nicoderm CQ with the step down nicotine method. It does work. I drink more coffee but that is a far cry from a can a day

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know I quit for almost a year once and started back up like i never stopped. I've quit a few other times for a month or two. Its a tough habit to give up.

I tried some chew that was made out of alfalfa and peppermint oil. I think it was made in Montana. The first can or two I thought this stuff is awesome. It tasted ok and gave me the feeling of chewing without any nicotine. It really seemed to help with cravings. After the first can or two though it started to taste rather shitty to me.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
April 11th will 6 months smoke free.

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just trying to be a better person (I'm flawed) and be a better Dad to my kids. I've looked at things in the past few days to realize I need to better at some things. Working on it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75