Desert boat ramp not too good to launch with a large boat/bunk trailer

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tuesday afternoon about 3pm.

Big fiasco at the Desert ramp today. We drove up and there was a big 21' skeeter, 300 hp bogged down at waters edge on the trailer at the ramp. Two trucks hooked up to the GMC towing the Skeeter. Still couldn't move that heafty beoch. Told the operator he'd be better off unloading the boat and taking it south to load at another ramp. We're gonna tear up some shit if we try to get the entire rig towed outta that hole he dug before I got there. Took 4 guys pushing and a 18 foot skeeter in the water to get that beast off the trailer after numerous tries. Then it took all of the two trucks hooked up to get that Gmc and trailer out of the hole he dug for himself. Uffda. nice rig but I'd not be loading a big boat/bunk trailer out of that ramp until it is opened up a bit. He had the trailer tongue high centered on a sand bar running across at the ramp. Next 16 foot alum loaded ok with roller trailer i might add and an 1880 ranger came off /loaded ok but he had to stay south of the hole the previous guy dug to get his rig out. What a mess. If i had a big nice rig/bunk trailer I'd stay away from that ramp until you can vouch it has been taken care of.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I posted a picture from today. You have to wonder what they were thinking.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone should shovel that out.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I posted a picture from today. You have to wonder what they were thinking.

There isn't anything in that pic you posted that would lead one to believe you'd get stuck there. Did a sandbar build up across the mouth or ??

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There is a reason why every other ramp is a "shit show" & the desert is a ghost town.:;:thumbsup

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
BigBoy sparkly boats????

real sharp rig!!

- - - Updated - - -

There isn't anything in that pic you posted that would lead one to believe you'd get stuck there. Did a sandbar build up across the mouth or ??

Yes, sandbar just in the water a bit across the ramp. Then he had to back down a bit too far to get that big boat on the bunks. Now he needs to get some traction to get up the ramp and probably spun out and eventually worked the back tires down to where the tongue on the trailer got high centered. Done!! Confusion on whether the GMC was 4 wheel drive or not. Wife said yes. I never saw the front tires trying to get up that ramp so don't think so or did they not know how to engage 4 X 4 ??

- - - Updated - - -

There is a reason why every other ramp is a "shit show" & the desert is a ghost town.:;:thumbsup

Over the years of not owning a boat since '11, this keeps me from buying a new one; this shit show you talk about.

- - - Updated - - -

I wanted to see a pic of the stuck truck!

I so wanted to take a few photos before I walked down there but did not feel it was my duty to plaster this all over the interweb.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75